Philo

Build your LiPo rechargeable battery for Control+ and Powered Up hubs.

2 minutes ago, 2ndgen said:

Is anyone actively making these? Sooo tired of these rechargable standard batteries. 

Hi, yes, we are currently trying to put together a kickstarter campaign to fund the first manufacturing run.

2 minutes ago, Phondly said:

Hi, yes, we are currently trying to put together a kickstarter campaign to fund the first manufacturing run.

Oh wow cool. What does a guy need to spend to get onboard. (I'm not sure I'm allowed to be talking about buying anything yet). New to this sight, I had better find out before I get to far, or banned. 

6 minutes ago, 2ndgen said:

Oh wow cool. What does a guy need to spend to get onboard. (I'm not sure I'm allowed to be talking about buying anything yet). New to this sight, I had better find out before I get to far, or banned. 

Please be patient for a few more days and more info will come. It is so certain that the campaign will start now in May. (I think there will be very good reward packages)

For the latest updates, please follow our official Facebook page: https://fb.me/phondlydesign

Edited by Phondly

Just now, Phondly said:

Please be patient for a few more days and more info will come. It is so certain that the campaign will start now in May.

For the latest updates, please follow our official Facebook page: https://fb.me/phondlydesign

Oh I would but I haven't had Facebook or anything related since 2005. Just now learning how to use all this. (35 and feeling very bewildered 90 percent of the time on the internet).

Just now, 2ndgen said:

Oh I would but I haven't had Facebook or anything related since 2005. Just now learning how to use all this. (35 and feeling very bewildered 90 percent of the time on the internet).

Okay, here is the other official possibility: https://www.phondly.com, this is our website.

Phondly sent to me two EnBo PU battery packs for testing. Here is my review :

(subtiles available if you do not understand my frenchy accent 🤓)

Spoiler : definitively a good upcoming product ! 

Hope they will reinforce usb port (at least use some type that have in-plate mount, not the simpliest solder-on), which is more reliable for frequent charges following relatively low module capacity.

gct-usb-mount-types-type-c.jpg

12 minutes ago, vspider said:

Hope they will reinforce usb port (at least use some type that have in-plate mount, not the simpliest solder-on), which is more reliable for frequent charges following relatively low module capacity.

Hi, Here is our choice which is on the pcb:

USB

On 5/11/2022 at 12:10 PM, Phondly said:

Here is our choice

Why didn't you choose more sturdy and reliable design having so much space inside? This can be improved adding molded supports around the socket to reduce mechanical stress.

12 hours ago, vspider said:

Why didn't you choose more sturdy and reliable design having so much space inside? This can be improved adding molded supports around the socket to reduce mechanical stress.

The space is not that big especially on the PCB but here is a picture of the assembled USB port

USB_actual

Any reason why you didn't share you kickstarter campaign here? I missed when it went online.

1 hour ago, Andman said:

Any reason why you didn't share you kickstarter campaign here? I missed when it went online.

No, I'm so sorry I haven't posted here yet, I'm just trying to catch up somehow. I promise to make a new topic here today about it

No need to apologise. I was just curious :-) Looking forward to the project being successfully funded! Good luck!

@Phondly Is the electronics capable of offering native 3x3.7V=11.1V. This could be either static value or with some kind of small switch 9V <-> 11.1V. Is so, then it would be a nice extra selling point for those not wanting to spend loads of money on BuWizz 3.0

1 hour ago, Embrion said:

11.1V

This is far above specifications of Powered Up hub components...

And still below what BuWizz 2.0 offers in LUDICROUS mode + standard for BuWizz 3.0.
From what I read those motors are fully capable of working at that (still safe for them) voltage and Lego used 9V to increase their lifespan (makes sense from business/warranty point of view)

11 minutes ago, Embrion said:

those motors are fully capable of working at that

No problem for the motors themselves, the limitation comes from the components inside the hub (the LB1836M motor driver is specified with a 9V maximum voltage, 10.5 absolute maximum rating). Buwizz uses a different chip (the one used in PF V2 receivers).

2 minutes ago, Andman said:

@Phondly, can you daisy chain two battery packs?

Not from this package because OTG is not turned on on the charger IC for some reason, but you can use any power bank to increase capacity