Ngoc Nguyen

42113 Bell V-22 Osprey Helicopter

Recommended Posts

If it has a manual gearbox to control the functions then the only logical choice for power is a dumb PU battery box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kbalage said:

If it has a manual gearbox to control the functions then the only logical choice for power is a dumb PU battery box. 

Was about to post the same, you beat me to it... But yes, a 'dumb' battery box would make sense here, and is a logical expansion of the C+/PU line-up in Technic.

Has there been any hint of such a battery box for PU in any of the other themes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rudivdk said:

Has there been any hint of such a battery box for PU in any of the other themes?

We talked about it with the PU HW developers during our workshop last year and (although they were not able to confirm directly unreleased products) the main question was "when will it come" and not "will it come at all". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:thumbup: thanx @kbalage! This would make the C+ components and build style (and hopefully also set prices) a bit closer to PF, while still have the option of connecting to BT controller with the smarthub (IR was the major gripe with PF). Let's hope it will be released this year already, would be a good boost for PU/C+ compared to current PF popularity I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Was about to post the same, you beat me to it... But yes, a 'dumb' battery box would make sense here, and is a logical expansion of the C+/PU line-up in Technic.

Has there been any hint of such a battery box for PU in any of the other themes?

There was an infographic showing a PU two output dumb battery box a few years ago along with the City and Technic hubs, back when PU was being introduced to City trains. Haven't been able to find it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And the connection holes are not in the middle but off to one side?

To both sides like the curved panels

2 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

That doesn't sound logic,
the idea of control+ is remote control by smartphone
or will it be something like 8043 with gearbox control by motor?

Don't know if it was a hub or just a batt box. I would say same principle like with Technic Cargo Plane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kaanere said:

There was an infographic showing a PU two output dumb battery box a few years ago along with the City and Technic hubs, back when PU was being introduced to City trains. Haven't been able to find it, though.

Did you mean that one?

PU.jpg

Edited by Void_S
Corrected the image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap, that would mean it is just as big as the C+ smarthub, which is 1 of the larger units in the smarthub family... Would have loved to see a C+ BB the size of the train hub, similar to the PF rechargable LiPo unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rudivdk said:

Crap, that would mean it is just as big as the C+ smarthub, which is 1 of the larger units in the smarthub family... Would have loved to see a C+ BB the size of the train hub, similar to the PF rechargable LiPo unit.

Well, it makes sense it's same size as BT hub, because this way they are easy interchange-able. Just like the AAA and Lipo PF battery boxes used in trains, even though the LiPo on wasnt totally full (it used a spacer under the LiPo batteries).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it does make sense, but I do not like it...:hmpf_bad:

I think  the size of those units is way too big (at least as a 'dumb' BB), it almost eliminates the possibility to properly motorize a small to medium sized model with C+ (42109 is not considered a proper model in my book).

For me personally this is a reason to quickly invest in some more PF stuff (some more servo/wires/lights and stuff, and SBrick of BuWizz for BT remote and power) to top of my collection of PF motors. Until TLG goes significantly smaller with the PU/C+, I will stick with PF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The size is probably mostly in the AA batteries. I'm not overly surprised they're not using AAA batteries for technic, since I don't think they've ever done so in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28. Januar 2020 at 7:24 PM, Jockos said:

Actually, that kind of vehicle was made back in 2004 in 8434...

8082, motorized, 1993 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading this topic, you guys you made me hyped about this set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me on set that pulled me away from my dark ages; the 8434 which was bought by my wife...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the model on display have a boxy appearance like the V22, or was it smooth and round like the AW609?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

than that will be something like 30 years anniversary celebration with LEGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only interested to see what this set is like?

There doesn't seem to be much hype around this set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Am I the only interested to see what this set is like?

There doesn't seem to be much hype around this set

No of course you’re not.

There’s just no news about it yet is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've seen news on the Charger and the Ducati, can we please get some news on the Osprey now? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkyMark42 said:

We've seen news on the Charger and the Ducati, can we please get some news on the Osprey now? :)

Nothing so far... The Charger will be released next week and Ducati in June. We have to be patient for pics of the Osprey as the set will be released in August, same goes for the Volvo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jundis said:

Nothing so far... The Charger will be released next week and Ducati in June. We have to be patient for pics of the Osprey as the set will be released in August, same goes for the Volvo.

And the cement mixer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.