Revised this on a tiny screen, so I probably missed something. Not too sure about that "fans, builders and parents" I added towards the end - any thoughts?

“LEGO fans urge The LEGO Group to release the LEGO Technic set 42113 Boeing Bell Osprey as planned. LEGO set 42113 Bell Osprey has a Search and Rescue designation and can be valuable in teaching children and adults alike the inner workings of such complex machines. Neither the product as it is depicted nor its box and instructions suggest any military application. This set does not include any weapons, nor does it promote violence. The LEGO Group can release this set as it adheres to the company’s internal guidelines on the type of products they make. LEGO Technic set 42113 adheres to company policy of not creating military sets, the same way LEGO Technic Air Race Jet 42066 was not military and did not break company policy. This will be a great opportunity for LEGO fans to build a licensed complex airplane which is true to its real-life counterpart. The “Rescue Vehicle” designation is enough to satisfy its civilian use in the real world and as a LEGO set, separating it from military use. We as fans, builders and parents want this set. Please release LEGO set 42113 Bell Osprey.”

@AirDolphin Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Just now, suffocation said:

Not too sure about that "fans, builders and parents" I added towards the end - any thoughts?

I'd leave it out, since the text already starts with 'LEGO fans urge...'. It should not become an answer to that DBG-whatevra group, it should be a call towards TLG directly.

So im going to publish it then. Any thoughts on the number of petitions we are aiming for ? 250? 500? 1000?

12 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I'd leave it out, since the text already starts with 'LEGO fans urge...'. It should not become an answer to that DBG-whatevra group, it should be a call towards TLG directly.

Agreed.

(Damn, I wish they really were a DBG group - they'd love the set :laugh: )

Shared.

1 hour ago, J_C said:

newly established NGO with no background

OK, I am a pacifist.

But TLG should not go that route - or when they do - quit business; there is too much "war" going on in the various LEGO themes.

This one though is about military equipment used in >current< wars around the globe. Nevertheless - I don't see a difference in current, past, or future wars. So either TLG is tight on that or not. And "or not" is the only option - when they want to survive.

There is one thing though that I find >irritating< in this discussion: I don't blame people not to know about DFK-VK, not at all. But claiming it is a 2 person NGO with no background is equally - sorry - dumb. And this is very carefully phrased.

This "NGO" had 10000 members in 1914, it was founded in 1892. You may not like it politically, nor programmatically - who cares. Just stop the BS about that 2 person NGO crap. It represents a good amount of people who have had it with war and weapons, who have suffered through wars, and want to make a change. Yes I know: Who doesn't. Well: Many. Or better: They don't get their butt off the chair to do something. But these people do.

Again: I don't agree with their move. I also do not agree though with all these claims people here do boldly make - apparently without having a clue what that "NGO" represents. Read what they do as you study the functionality of a LEGO model before stating any nonsense.

Again, DFK-VK should not go after TLG in the way they do. There are way too many "other" things TLG makes and does whereas other companies do care sh*t.

Just keep it a tone lower with the NGO and no background crap

Best
Thorsten   

@Anio Thank you, I was about to ask if someone can post on Techlug.fr, Thank you 

@Toastie "DFK-VK should not go after TLG in the way they do." for me this is the only issue regarding DFK-VK, their outrage is warranted but not to Lego or Boeing. Im sure they have a lot people involved and have good intentions and I agree with having had enough of war and suffering, I myself support having had enough of war,  but Boeing and LEGO are not promoting war or teaching kids about violence. The only way DFK-VK can make meaningful change regarding war in the world is through public office not by demanding LEGO to not release a licensed civilian version of a military vehicle 

4 minutes ago, AirDolphin said:

The only way DFK-VK can make meaningful change regarding war in the world is through public office

Yes.

I agree to everything you wrote.

Thank you!

All the best
Thorsten

21 minutes ago, Toastie said:

OK, I am a pacifist.

But TLG should not go that route - or when they do - quit business; there is too much "war" going on in the various LEGO themes.

This one though is about military equipment used in >current< wars around the globe. Nevertheless - I don't see a difference in current, past, or future wars. So either TLG is tight on that or not. And "or not" is the only option - when they want to survive.

There is one thing though that I find >irritating< in this discussion: I don't blame people not to know about DFK-VK, not at all. But claiming it is a 2 person NGO with no background is equally - sorry - dumb. And this is very carefully phrased.

This "NGO" had 10000 members in 1914, it was founded in 1892. You may not like it politically, nor programmatically - who cares. Just stop the BS about that 2 person NGO crap. It represents a good amount of people who have had it with war and weapons, who have suffered through wars, and want to make a change. Yes I know: Who doesn't. Well: Many. Or better: They don't get their butt off the chair to do something. But these people do.

Again: I don't agree with their move. I also do not agree though with all these claims people here do boldly make - apparently without having a clue what that "NGO" represents. Read what they do as you study the functionality of a LEGO model before stating any nonsense.

Again, DFK-VK should not go after TLG in the way they do. There are way too many "other" things TLG makes and does whereas other companies do care sh*t.

Best
Thorsten   

I did not know the DFK-VK. I made my homework now, I apologise. I should have done it earlier. I did not know.

However I think their agenda is naive and stupid. 

1 minute ago, J_C said:

However I think their agenda is naive and stupid

Naive - yes.

Stupid - I leave that to others.

Best
Thorsten

3 hours ago, AirDolphin said:

updated draft of petition, anything to add or remove?

will include a picture of set 42113 as well 

"LEGO fans urge LEGO Group to releasee the LEGO Technic set 42113 Boeing Bell Osprey. LEGO set 42113 Bell Osprey as depicted has Search and Rescue designation and can be valuable in teaching children and adults alike the inner working of such complex machines. Neither the product as it depicted nor its box and instructions indicate to any military application. This set does not include any weapons or promote violence. The LEGO Group can release this set  as it adheres to its internal guidelines on the type of products they make. LEGO Technic 42113 will adhere to company policy of not creating military sets, the same way LEGO technic Air Race Jet 42066 was not military and did not break company policy. This will be a great opportunity for LEGO fans to build a licensed complex airplane which is true to life. The “Rescue Vehicle” designation is enough to satisfy its civilian use in the real world and as a LEGO set separating it from military use. We want this set. Please release LEGO set 42113 Bell Osprey."

Grammar’s still a bit funky. I’m happy to rewrite it for you if you want

Edited by Bartybum

21 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Granmar’s still a bit funky. I’m happy to rewrite it for you if you want

Its already posted and I edited that draft, if you look at the last post with pictures. If you think there is room for improvement on that, by all means post it here and I can edit the petition. 
http://chng.it/QYZfgbY9f7

Edited by AirDolphin

Good work ladies and gentlemen. Within a couple of hours we have more than a 100 petitions to release this set compared to stop its sale (95 in a little over a day). Keep sharing the petition with all Lego Fans and family, and emailing LEGO. Let's hope LEGO listens and releases this set. I emailed and called LEGO about the petition.

@AirDolphin I've added a bunch of examples to help as well:

LEGO fans urge The LEGO Group (TLG) to release the LEGO Technic set 42113 Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey.

The set does not include any weapons, nor does it promote violence. Neither the assembled model, nor its packaging indicate any military application - it is depicted as a search and rescue (SAR) designation aircraft. It should therefore be appropriate in teaching both children and adults about the inner workings of such complex machines.

This set adheres to TLG's internal guidelines for the type of products it makes, in the same way that the following listed products do, despite all featuring main and/or alternate models and functions that are very obviously based off real-life military vehicles currently in service: 42066 Air Race Jet, 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter, 42040 Fire Plane, 42020 Twin Rotor Helicopter, 31096 Twin-Rotor Helicopter, 31092 Helicopter Adventure, 31057 Air Blazer, 31042 Super Soarer, 31039 Blue Power Jet, 31023 Yellow Racers, 31020 Twin Blade Adventures, 31008 Thunder Wings, 31003 Red Rotors, 31001 Mini Skyflyer, 9394 Jet Plane, 7873 Airplane Set, 7345 Transport Chopper, 6912 Super Soarer, 5892 Sonic Boom, 4953 Fast Flyers, 4895 Motion Power, 4439 Heavy-Lift Helicopter.

The 42113 Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is an opportunity for LEGO Technic fans to build a complex aircraft type that has not been seen in the Technic theme for years. The SAR designation should be enough to satisfy its use as a LEGO set, appropriately separating it from its conventionally military application. Withholding it from consumer purchase would do nothing but waste the effort and talent gone in to designing such a faithful recreation, as well as alienate many adult collectors.

Rest assured, LEGO fans want this set.

Edited by Bartybum

Sent an email thanking Lego for showing ethical judgement. 

Hopefully the real Boeing goes down with this model.

@Bartybum 

I edited your paragraph in emphasizing the SAR designation in the beginning and reworded the military inspired vehicles below as LEGO would appreciate it if keep it in civilian context.
Let me know what you think and if anybody else would like to add anything before I update the petition, 

LEGO fans urge The LEGO Group (TLG) to release the LEGO Technic set 42113 Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey.

LEGO Technic set 42113 Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is depicted as a search and rescue (SAR) designation aircraft. This set does not include any weapons, nor does it promote violence. Neither the assembled model, nor its packaging indicate any military application. It should therefore be appropriate in teaching both children and adults about the inner workings of such complex machines.

This set adheres to TLG's internal guidelines for the type of products it makes, in the same way that the following listed products do: 42066 Air Race Jet, 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter, 42040 Fire Plane, 42020 Twin Rotor Helicopter, 31096 Twin-Rotor Helicopter, 31092 Helicopter Adventure, 31057 Air Blazer, 31042 Super Soarer, 31039 Blue Power Jet, 31023 Yellow Racers, 31020 Twin Blade Adventures, 31008 Thunder Wings, 31003 Red Rotors, 31001 Mini Skyflyer, 9394 Jet Plane, 7873 Airplane Set, 7345 Transport Chopper, 6912 Super Soarer, 5892 Sonic Boom, 4953 Fast Flyers, 4895 Motion Power, 4439 Heavy-Lift Helicopter. All these sets featuring main and/or alternate models and functions that are inspired by real-life military vehicles functioning in civilian capacity such as SAR, focussed on the engineering of complex machines NOT weapons or violence.

The 42113 Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is an opportunity for LEGO Technic fans to build a licensed complex aircraft type that has not been seen in the Technic theme for years. The SAR designation should be enough to satisfy its use as a LEGO set, appropriately separating it from its conventionally military application. Withholding it from consumer purchase would do nothing but waste the effort and talent gone in to designing such a faithful recreation, as well as alienate many adult collectors.

Rest assured, LEGO fans want this set.

Edited by AirDolphin

I've got my paws on this set and intend to do the following things:

- Scan and upload the instruction manuals

- Write a review in Jim's style

@Jim Am I allowed to do the first item in EB

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'm certainly interested in a scanned copy of the instructions if you make them available. If you do post them and TLG decides to cancel the set altogether, would they pursue legal action against anyone with any related information, at the very least to have them take it down? Could they get youtube to take down the reviews already on the site?

Hello guys, I think I am going to send an email to TLG about my opinions.
But I am not sure which will be the correct email address I should send to.

I am from Asia, Hong Kong.
Should I send the Email to Hong Kong Customer service or direct to somewhere else...?

Thanks guys. I really like this set. I don't want this set disappear.

@SamuelYsc I emailed them through their website. under the LEGO support section go to contact and select email. It opens a message box and you can voice your concern their. they will ask your details such as email and where you are emailing from. I don't know if there is a public email address that lego uses perhaps someone in the forum will correct me. 

We also have a petition if you can sign and share it in your local lego community that would help a lot. 
Link: http://chng.it/cnHpmGcmN6

8 hours ago, Toastie said:

OK, I am a pacifist.

Best
Thorsten   

Perhaps my suggestion to make it yellow (instead of dark bluish gray) and orange could be done but without Boeing name? It is just a suggestion not to loose this (IMHO) very good set.

BTW Sopwith Camel and Fokker D1 are also warbirds...

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I've got my paws on this set and intend to do the following things:

- Write a review in Jim's style

@Jim Am I allowed to do the first item in EB

You sure are. Thanks for asking. Go ahead.