1 hour ago, Andman said:

It rotates. What are you missing? Are you reffering to the missing possibility to adjust the angle of the rotors?

No, I did mean something else. It's a secret! I hope I'll have finished my revolutionary propeller by the end of this year.

The price depends of the country. In France, it's very bad: 140€! It's 13.30€ more than in Germany... :hmpf:

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

The price depends of the country. In France, it's very bad: 140€! It's 13.30€ more than in Germany... :hmpf:

It appears to be on the cheap end in France, here in Finland its cost from Lego.com would be 160€... There's one retailer though, which often has Technic sets for much lower price, so I think I'll wait for them to get it in stock.

Seems like there's a fair bit of slack in the engine tilting. Bit of a shame, but otherwise quite a nice set (if not for the really long tail)

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

slack in the engine tilting

At 14:34 he shows the connection of the mechanism, which is done by 2L pin connector and friction pins *huh*

25 minutes ago, Jundis said:

At 14:34 he shows the connection of the mechanism, which is done by 2L pin connector and friction pins *huh*

Oh good lord. I imagine that'll be easy to fix though thankfully

He "Forcefully" move (tilt) one of the rotor 

That's why it has a flaws or problem when operating using motor... 

This Man is not a Technic Guy 

But more thanks to him as a early birds 

Good job ?

The video is now in english too:

I don't know if tiling doesn't work or if the reviewer isn't patient enough.

I was excited when 1st picture was released, finally something different than 'car'
Even the color design was ok, not to tell it's military plane.

I also decided to build by own version as 42082 moc, started 3 weeks ago and I'm about 75% done. All was based on that 1 picture and blueprints.
My model should have around 2500 pieces and 5 motorized and 5 manual functions (or 6 | 4 dependent on the gearbox)
My model would be 10-15% bigger, more correct based on dimensions of known measurements
Unfortunatelly I will not have this nice rotor blades :(
Model is still missing central gearbox I wanted to squeze behind cabin to left enough space in cargo area to be used for something different
Unfortunatelly i will not have enough time to finish it till end of summer due to some vacations and limited time for building.

I can see some problems in 42113 official model:
* allready mentioned rotation of gondolas
* elevator moves in different direction as it should
* dimensions are not 'correct'
Unfortunatelly with showed functions I'm not much impressed.
I understand the limitation for number of parts and final price (I do not have to fulfill, i'm limited just by model 42082 pieces)

all said i'll possibly buy it, mostly to compare with my MOC

Is anyone interested in my WorkInProgress photos here, of should I start new WIP topic?

Edited by ace_klimax

1 minute ago, ace_klimax said:

Is anyone interested in my WorkInProgress photos here, of should I start new WIP topic?

I'm interested, but you should start a new topic. Once that's done though you should also share a link in this thread

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

The video is now in english too:

I don't know if tiling doesn't work or if the reviewer isn't patient enough.

What catches me most is the speed of the rotorblades,
if this model is supposed to be used as a toy I foresee injuries.

2 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

What catches me most is the speed of the rotorblades,
if this model is supposed to be used as a toy I foresee injuries.

There are low-tolerance linear clutchs in the wings, so the blades will stop easily.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

the blades will stop easily.

It will not cut off fingers but speed x mass = ouch
I'm talking about kids

Even if they spin fast, there's not a lot of mass behind them, so while rotor hitting a finger might hurt a little, it's nothing to worry about, even if it's child's finger. TLG is very strict about child-safety so this thing would never get released if a child seriously hurting themselves were a real risk.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

LG is very strict about child-safety

I know
that's why I'm quite surprised when I see these spinning rotors.
We'll see in a week or 3

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

I agree that TLG (unlike the copycats, I'm sure :hmpf_bad:) tests these model extensively for safety and therefore kids can be alone with this set, small spinning mass by itself doesn't mean it's safe: string trimmers, like their same implies, use strings such as made from nylon to cut grass; they're harmless when stopped, but hurtful when spinning.

Good to see 4 function levers unlike the 42066 lego air race jet with one small motor and no bluetooth/IR and only two function levers.

I do wanna add shock absorbers like on the heavy lift helicopter to the wheels but also with springs over the axles as well as powered up/night mode LEDS and a cargo door + winch and hook on the bottom of the model, again like the heavy lift helicopter.

Also it would be nice to be able to rotate the blade angle as well as the whole assembly but that will be tricky to do  in such a small space.

I could just put a powered up hub inside of it along side the new control+ battery box. if theres enough space after all the other MODs, if not ill reluctantly have to use power functions switches, motors and a buwizz  or two.

I know that a buwizz/powered up hub is wireless only but I dont think I will find it easy or cheap to fit a second dumb battery box in as well as the levers, we will see.

Regards, Snipe

Edited by SNIPE

Ok, I am seriously confused. Are these guys just plain stupid not to follow the terms of LEGO and risk their own business they do for living, or has LEGO changed their policy about model reveals? @Jim@Sariel@kbalage@Anio Do You have any information?

10 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

another german guy...

10:20

Turning the rotors does not work, friction is not high enough, on both sides. It did work until the rotors got heavier.

But he also sais: "It is not a building-error, but I definitely made a mistake in the gearbox, which is why I cannot show everything here now."

Can someone with "Technic" knowledge please make a review? :D We have enough "I did something wrong, I don't know what I'm doing, it doesn't work, I release the video anyway"-videos now.

@agrof I think we are as confused as you are at this moment...

30 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Can someone with "Technic" knowledge please make a review? :D We have enough "I did something wrong, I don't know what I'm doing, it doesn't work, I release the video anyway"-videos now.

Those guys are bound by an embargo and did not even see the set yet.

40 minutes ago, agrof said:

Ok, I am seriously confused. Are these guys just plain stupid not to follow the terms of LEGO and risk their own business they do for living, or has LEGO changed their policy about model reveals? @Jim@Sariel@kbalage@Anio Do You have any information?

We're as confused as you are. We got embargo dates ranging from July 16th to 18th depending on the set. We've been asking TLG what's the deal with German retailers publishing reviews early and we were told exactly nothing so far.