12 hours ago, kbalage said:

Because you need to control the direction as well. Also with the integrated axle hole it is possible to simply put the switch outside of the model and connect it to the hub with an axle, just like in the case of this set:

Can’t an AAA hub have two rocker switches on the top of the battery box, with some lever mechanism pressing them? I don’t see anything about this model that demands an axle hole connection

Edited by Bartybum

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Can’t an AAA hub have two rocker switches on the top of the battery box, with some lever mechanism pressing them? I don’t see anything about this model that demands an axle hole connection

I find the solution Lego has done very neat and way more usable than the old battery box. You have axle holes on the side and a pin hole on top. It practically is a rocker switch, just with connection ports :-)

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

TLG does not design a battery box for a single model, with this integrated axle hole there won't be a need to provide direct access to the top of the battery box to operate it in the future models. The mechanical switch was working well in the PF era as well, but it was a separate unit, now two of them are integrated in the battery box. I'm not sure why you want to find a workaround just for the sake of being different than the one provided here.

Another advantage of the new dumb battery box is that replacing batteries only happens on one side only. That means the battery box does not need to be taken out and can be part of the reinforcing structure.

48 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

PLUS that there will come an optionial Litium battery in the future.

Do you have a source? As far as I know, Lego is a anxious about using Li batteries, as there still is a change (heavy usage/damage during play) that these things set off. Such a case would be a nail in a coffin for a company selling kid's toys.

20 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Do you have a source? As far as I know, Lego is a anxious about using Li batteries, as there still is a change (heavy usage/damage during play) that these things set off. Such a case would be a nail in a coffin for a company selling kid's toys.

Spike, and probably the new Mindstorms hub have Li.
The Technic hub had a cradle* and the compartment has a switch** to distiquish different cradles.

*Didn't anyone notice that all new hubs have cradles?

**A member here allready tried if this switch does anything but till now it's not implemented in de software.

This set looks great, especially for the functions and pieces you get for the money. 

Part of me is looking at this, knowing how complex the real thing is, and wishes Lego had used the V22 as next years flagship 3000+ piece set. Would have been a nice departure from big construction vehicles, and there would have been plenty of opportunities for unique Technic mechanical solutions at that scale. 

At least it's going to be a good priced set with power functions. 

1 minute ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Has anyone seen or heard, do we have a part count yet?

All orange parts are also available in dbg even in this set (thanks to dbg tapered panel as well). It is very easy to remove the civil rescue thing and make it real military.

I'm seeing a positive trend here with the price of Technic sets. Both this set and the 42114 were significantly cheaper than I expected given their piece count, electronics, and the fact that they're both licensed sets. It's listed on the LEGO shop for $150, which is the same price as the 42080 but that one had ~600 parts less AND was a generic model (granted that one had pneumatics, but both sets are motorized). I feel like LEGO may finally be improving the value of Technic sets here, as plenty of motorized sets in recent years (e.g. 42109, 42070) were WAY overpriced. Honestly I might even consider buying this set in the future, as it'll provide a small boost to my collection of C+ elements and it's a great supply of DBG panels.

9 hours ago, Akbalder said:

Do you have links for videos of the other sets?

I extracted the link from their website. I don't have access to unpublished videos.

42112 and 42114 has only rendering 360 degress vidoes and no functional ones.

Functions of 42113 works and looks great, but imho the tilt function is way too fast. There is no worm gear used, just bevel gears to make the 90 degress angle for axles.

49 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

42112 and 42114 has only rendering 360 degress vidoes and no functional ones.

Functions of 42113 works and looks great, but imho the tilt function is way too fast. There is no worm gear used, just bevel gears to make the 90 degress angle for axles.

If there's no worm gear how can the rotor remain fixed in the vertical position?

The propellers work badly and it's good,

because I'm going to build an airplane with a properly working propeller!

10 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

I'm seeing a positive trend here with the price of Technic sets. Both this set and the 42114 were significantly cheaper than I expected given their piece count, electronics, and the fact that they're both licensed sets. It's listed on the LEGO shop for $150, which is the same price as the 42080 but that one had ~600 parts less AND was a generic model (granted that one had pneumatics, but both sets are motorized). I feel like LEGO may finally be improving the value of Technic sets here, as plenty of motorized sets in recent years (e.g. 42109, 42070) were WAY overpriced. Honestly I might even consider buying this set in the future, as it'll provide a small boost to my collection of C+ elements and it's a great supply of DBG panels.

I think we are just lucky with the parts count, I believe they try to fit sets into price groups, and this year we have a few with better parts counts than normal. It would be nice if it was a trend though.

5 hours ago, Parazels said:

The propellers work badly and it's good,

because I'm going to build an airplane with a properly working propeller!

It rotates. What are you missing? Are you reffering to the missing possibility to adjust the angle of the rotors?