3 hours ago, steph77 said:

Width: 57 studs for the wings

[...]

this will be a HUGE beast.

How does it compare to 42025? I can remember the wings being 7 panels long, which is 77 studs. Also, 42025 was also about 1300 parts according to Bricklink (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=42025-1#T=I). So I'm expecting something of the same size and level of "openness" as that.

Of course this is all based on an assumption that TLG gets the scaling correct.  Which might be somewhat of a gamble....

44 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

How does it compare to 42025? I can remember the wings being 7 panels long, which is 77 studs. Also, 42025 was also about 1300 parts according to Bricklink (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=42025-1#T=I). So I'm expecting something of the same size and level of "openness" as that.

It could use dark bluish gray frame 11 x 15 based structure; after all this part is used in same color in Charger and Sian...

I'm really curious to see how it looks... I forgot if it was displayed at Nuremberg toy Fair or just info came out... @jrx would know that...

It's a little smaller, length and maybe also the width.

6 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

30 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Is that 42056 orange or 42099 orange?

My opinion is 42056 normal orange.

I am not quite sure why they didn't fill the gap on the front next to the nose with a 2l liftarm...?

14 minutes ago, Jundis said:

I am not quite sure why they didn't fill the gap on the front next to the nose with a 2l liftarm...?

Would clash with the panel above it.That gap isn't 2 studs high, it's about 1.5 studs.

1 minute ago, pleegwat said:

Would clash with the panel above it.That gap isn't 2 studs high, it's about 1.5 studs.

But it seems to be two studs long... ;-)

Wow, I'm amazed it's mostly dark gray. Modding it to be fully dark gray would be easy. I kind of have to wonder if somebody would do custom stickers to replicate USAF markings, I think that could be popular.

The catalog doesn't show the bluetooth and app icons so we may get a dumb battery box. :thumbup:

It's strange to have a real license for a military vehicle.

Looks good so far, although it seems that the wings can't pivot into the fuselage.

20 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

It's strange to have a real license for a military vehicle.

If you look closely there's "rescue" written on the upper fuselage - so that's how they got arround that.

Looking forward to the B-2 Spirit in aerial firefighter colours :grin: .

14 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

:laugh:

16 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

Looks good so far, although it seems that the wings can't pivot into the fuselage.

If you look closely there's "rescue" written on the upper fuselage - so that's how they got arround that.

Don't forget the firefighting tanks.

Back to topic, if this is a rescue vehicle, I would imagine there's a winch somewhere for the actual rescuing?

Good to see some more panels in dark gray, but I'm not sure about a Lego set of a dark gray airplane (it looks boring to me), so I'm really happy with the orange bits. Also, what can we expect in terms of functions? There's the obligatory landing gear, there's of course the engines/rotors that can be moved up or down. Maybe the wings can fold upwards? I hope there's a few things I'm missing, such as control surfaces of some kind.

2 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Good to see some more panels in dark gray, but I'm not sure about a Lego set of a dark gray airplane (it looks boring to me), so I'm really happy with the orange bits. Also, what can we expect in terms of functions? There's the obligatory landing gear, there's of course the engines/rotors that can be moved up or down. Maybe the wings can fold upwards? I hope there's a few things I'm missing, such as control surfaces of some kind.

There's a lever near the tail, so at least there's elevator control. There doesnt seem to be rudders though.

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

According to the JC-lrx site linked earlier in this thread, based on the Nuremberg Toy Fair, it stated:

Functions:

• driven rotors
  • tilting the rotors
  • retractable undercarriage
  • open and close chopping flap

I can appreciate that an all grey model may have been a bit plain (no pun intended) but I can't help but feel the use of different colours in this one is a bit odd - perhaps it'll become clearer with different pictures. Still, I really like it.

On 1/29/2020 at 1:59 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

- Open and close chopping flap

What's this?

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There's a lever near the tail, so at least there's elevator control. There doesnt seem to be rudders though.

Are you sure about the elevators? The beams behind the panels look to be fixed by pins, so I don't really see any way they could rotate.

Edited by Bartybum

I've thought about extra functions for a bit, and I think there could be a way to include a folding mechanism for the main wing that folds the nacelles at the same time. You'd need a differential to control the tilting function both independently and by the main wing rotation. Not sure if there's a way to accommodate powered folding rotors, but manually would be easy enough with removable pins. Good enough for me :grin: Tempting to buy this in a year to try, but I don't wanna give Boeing money

Edited by Bartybum