On 1/30/2020 at 6:09 AM, Void_S said:

Did you mean that one?

PU.jpg

In the picture dumb batterybox may have axle hole for control it's switch. Next to port.

I feel like TLG are missing a chance here to drip feed some more info regarding the Osprey. I know the Ducati and Lambo grab the lions share of the headlines (and for good reason) but I think there are a lot of people that are interested in this set. I mean, I'm a car guy and I'm interested and will probably get one when it comes out.

INFO PLEASE!!!!!! :sweet:

4 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I feel like TLG are missing a chance here to drip feed some more info regarding the Osprey. I know the Ducati and Lambo grab the lions share of the headlines (and for good reason) but I think there are a lot of people that are interested in this set. I mean, I'm a car guy and I'm interested and will probably get one when it comes out.

INFO PLEASE!!!!!! :sweet:

We're the only ones who know. Compared to the overall target market, there's very few of us who know

I know we are all busy discussing the Sian 42115. But did anyone realize that one of the new elements seen in the bottom of the door of Sian could also be used as a rotor blade element for the v22 osprey. 

22-video-thumb.png?l.r=681262184 

Edited by arijitdas
fixed typo

7 minutes ago, arijitdas said:

But did anyone realize that one of the new elements seen in the bottom of the door of Sian could also be used as a rotor blade element for the v22 osprey. 

I believe you are two weeks behind.

4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I believe you are two weeks behind.

Sorry I did not realize this was already posted earlier. There has been too many posts on the Sian thread and I may have missed it.

The Osprey set is what I'm most curious to see, it's much cheaper than Sian or Volvo, and still something interesting and new. I mean, the Sian is cool of course, but for that price I'd rather get something else. So yeah, I'm also anxious to get more info on the Osprey.

I wonder whether we get a new (non-RC) battery block with the set! 

I fully expect sets with optional motorisation, using a "dumb box"-powered PUp successor of the 8293

8 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I fully expect sets with optional motorisation, using a "dumb box"-powered PUp successor of the 8293

There definitely should be something to replace 8293. A dumb controller would be great for existing C+ sets as well.

I'll admit that the lambo and ducati are my priorities going forward but I am very interested in the Osprey and if it looks the goods I can see it ending up in my possession 

Reading back on this... 

Special features and new parts:

new rotor blades
new panel (left and right) suits perfectly Panel Curved 3 x 13 (18944)

It seems like this will have the Sian bonnet pieces in a different colour as well as the blades. 

On 5/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, AVCampos said:

Apparently, Lego gave up on that possibility for several years.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Reading back on this... 

It seems like this will have the Sian bonnet pieces in a different colour as well as the blades. 

I thought it was the other way around: the Sian having the V22 rotor blades and tapered wing panels in a different (=lime) color.:laugh:

V22 was shown on toyfair first, Sian is sent to reviewers first. So either way works...

10 hours ago, Anio said:

Apparently, Lego gave up on that possibility for several years.

It's coming back already, at least for non-Technic sets. The new Haunted house has optional motorization with a PU hub and 2 M motors. I still hope to see something similar for Technic.

What we're still missing for that is that "all-in-one" set that the average Joe can buy in stores and require nothing else to motorise a set, again like the 8293. I don't doubt TLG will see that business opportunity.

Or maybe TLG finally figured out that most motorisable sets with 8293 were silly when not motorized ?

Pointless gearboxes in many sets : 42039, 9395, 8053, 42029, 42068, 42000.

Based on the blades; wich are 19L long, i calculate the set dimensions:

MnMXDr.jpg

Width: 57 studs for the wings;  97! studs at the extreme end of the rotors;

Width rotor 2X19L + 5studs : 43 studs each

Lenght: 56 studs

Height of the main cargo structure: about 11 studs from the behind until the top of the wing

As @kbalage said in it's lambo review, this will be a HUGE beast.

On another note, beside the large dimensions, tje inner space avalaible for mechanics isn't that big. With a superstructure of 11X9 globaly, there will not be that much spaces for complex mecha...

Cheers.

Edited by steph77
insert graph

40 minutes ago, steph77 said:

this will be a HUGE beast.

I really can't imagine how Lego will do this. I mean such a big model with motor at a price of 129.99 Euro??

I mean this is the same money as for the (ok, heavily overpriced) 42109, which had only 463 pieces.

For this model in the dimentions @steph77 calculated, we are easily talking about 1200...1500 pieces. And it's not just a hollow hull. The function we can await are movement of rotors, tipping of rotors, contractable landing gear and a tailgate to open.

I see two other functions: one major and one minor one.

First, and it is part of the iconic view of the model is a way to retract the wing (the whole wing pivot on it's axe) this mean the blades will have to be foldable...

The second, wich is reasonnably not to be awaited, is the tilting of the blades.

This last one would need, and means, that the blade command will have to pass both through the tilting pods AND through a central turntable.

Building 2 functions through a turntable is easy to do and next to that manage them until the pivoting pods will be quiet complicated.

Wait and see...

1 hour ago, steph77 said:

I see two other functions: one major and one minor one.

First, and it is part of the iconic view of the model is a way to retract the wing (the whole wing pivot on it's axe) this mean the blades will have to be foldable...

The second, which is reasonably not to be awaited, is the tilting of the blades.

This last one would need, and means, that the blade command will have to pass both through the tilting pods AND through a central turntable.

Building 2 functions through a turntable is easy to do and next to that manage them until the pivoting pods will be quiet complicated.

Wait and see...

Assuming it is indeed a V22, I would expect at least the following functions:

1. Spinning blades
  2. Tilting nacelles, possibly linked to flaps?
  3. Manual horizontal stabilizer (joystick unlikely, maybe lever actuation like in 42052)
  4. Linked manual rudders (same control as above)
  5. Landing gear retraction
  6. Opening cargo bay door

The following I would hope for, but wouldn't be surprised if they left out:

1. Steering nose gear
  2. Collective pitch
  3. Folding main wing + rotors

About the orange and black colour, I actually had the same thoughts that it could be a coast guard-type deal we're getting here.