2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Agreed, but I still think we would all benefit from a different wheel arch mold for lower, rounder cars like this one, where the long straight on top of the current arch will be bad looking.

How about just use flex axles instead?

The Sian’s body contours all converge right above the front wheels, so flex axles would fit just right. In fact, I think all the quarter panel regions would be better done with flex axles. They’re really thin regions with lots of complex geometry.

Edited by Bartybum

So the release to VIP is June 1st.  How long before that will we see some imagery, and information, you think ?...

For the Bugatti, at least there was a teaser pic with new rims and new parts. This time there is nothing.

First leaked pic was on May 16th 2018.

IMG_2660.JPG

Funny back then people said it's a photoshopped picture of a diecast model. And I thought the black patches were big gaps. Oh how wrong we were.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I think this time there will be no official teasers at all before summer.

After the disaster that was Chiron leaks they might try to keep it even closer now. And hopefully no random store will just leak it before release.

God I love how Lego boohoos over set images being leaked a few days early. Like come on, surely the majority of the consumer market aren't even gonna see it until an official announcement

27 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

God I love how Lego boohoos over set images being leaked a few days early. Like come on, surely the majority of the consumer market aren't even gonna see it until an official announcement

Its not the majority of consumers that lego are afraid of 

3 hours ago, markaus said:

Its not the majority of consumers that lego are afraid of 

Honestly though, trying to keep the copycats at bay this way is pointless too. Those guys can ramp up incredibly quickly, and at some point lego has to spill the beans anyway, and the people wanting to buy a $99 clone arent going to buy the $400 set from lego themselves at launch, just because the clone is a few weeks away.

I think lego being this secretive to try and prevent copycats is ridiculous, it stops no-one, and certainly wont convince people who fled to the copycats because of lego's pricetag.

Either way, leaks/pics are going to be months away i suppose, which is fine, we should be seeing the Ducati soon enough anyway.

So, over the weekend, I bought the latest Speed Champions Lamborghini set. I don’t know why it’s twice as expensive as the Jaguar set; it must be because the Italians are much better at squeezing LEGO to get more royalties out of it I guess...

Either way, I liked the set, the car are better now they are bigger, but here’s the interesting bit...

The Urus in that set is made of lime green LEGO, which is one of Lamborghini’s most favorite customer colors. 
I would be totally ok with that being the color of our new big friend; although in that bigger 1:8 size, it might get really “into your face”...

And then there is this beautiful color as well:...

7F39A0F1-68EE-42CD-9086-318D75500379.jpeg

Edited by Wimmer

@Wimmer The price of the SC lambo set confuses me as well, im guessing the lambo license indeed isnt cheap. (or Lego realised that Formula-E has all the marketing appeal of a potato, and the Jag set needed a low price to sell)

Lime green for the big technic car would be awesome, would make for a very nice pairing with the GT3RS and Chiron.

Oh yeah right lime green would be great...until you want to use the pieces elsewhere. Simple yellow would be practical and still look good.

Also, @Wimmer

As if Jaguar was like:"yeah, we'll be fine with 5 bucks"

And Lamborghini was like:"If Jaguar is getting 5 bucks, we'll need 25 at least!"

For real, the Lambo license might have been a little more expensive, but I think LEGO knows Lamborghini is more popular and thinks y'all will pay the 20€ extra anyways, so why not crank up the price?

I thought there was a teaser on the Lego Facebook showing a Lambo in silhouette.  Does that not count as a teaser. 

Edited by Bigdwazda

20 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Oh yeah right lime green would be great...until you want to use the pieces elsewhere. Simple yellow would be practical and still look good.

As I see it, a big part of practicality in terms of Lego Technic colors is the part variety. If a color is only represented by a few panels and liftarms – yes, there's not much you can do with that. But it's not like it would be the first set to come in lime green, so there already is some variety. Admittedly, the parts currently available are mostly smaller panels, but if the Lamborghini – a large scale car – does come in lime green, this is exactly how you'd get more parts in lime green, including larger panels.

In case you are referring to the lack of real-life things to build in lime green, I'd say this would be a personal preference. At the end of the day, Lego can't actually make us buy the Lambo and build something else out of it :classic:

C59DCDA7-C864-43C2-9F3F-8209369CCD70.jpeg

So here is what it could look like in Lime Green. I think that would match the other two like a glove.  And the Orange is out because of the Porsche color. 

Edited by Wimmer
Text

2 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

Lime stands out nicely, but I still think it will be the green that we have seen on Sian already

I think that would be great too. They also have a nice blue metallic like that, but that would be too close to the Bugatti. 

What we can see is that LEGO likes to pick colors that make sense with the brand name. Orange for Porsche because it’s their typical prototype color. Two-tone blue for the Bugatti because that’s what they do normally...

So for Lamborghini it’s known (?) that they like the loud colors, or their customers do, so I think the bright (non red) are the most likely,... but I would love the green metallic personally !!!

I guess new rims are mostly granted, but I still expect same green as the Land Rover.

Given that a car is mostly  transmission and suspension and the amount of improvement from Porsche to Bugatti I expect something innovative, perhaps even new shocks, perhaps those used in the bike.

10 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

I expect something innovative, perhaps even new shocks, perhaps those used in the bike.

for the doors*oh2*

11 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

for the doors*oh2*

Yup. Definitely not for the suspension. Probably not strong enough. They have to come out with some new, or much stronger, suspension shocks as well. 

Unless they are going to use more than two per wheel, which is unlikely. 
And if they are true to real life; there is a good chance this Lambo has push rod suspension.  So they better have a stronger shock for all this then....

Please LEGO ?...

1 minute ago, Wimmer said:

So they better have a stronger shock for all this then....

This one can be adjusted to be quite stiff, and its return would be very welcome.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

This one can be adjusted to be quite stiff, and its return would be very welcome.

Wow I did not realize Lego made these in the past. Thanks for sharing

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Yay ! Even though these are from a while back; but now there’s hope after all.  Thanks for sharing that... ?

On 2/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, Ethan0080 said:

Its will be my 13th 1:8 supercars collection. Now i need to start build some shelf for them.

If this is number 13, what are the other 12 cars/vehicles you have in this scale ?

Lego didn’t make this many models in this 1:8 scale, didn’t they ? ? 

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

If this is number 13, what are the other 12 cars/vehicles you have in this scale ?

Lego didn’t make this many models in this 1:8 scale, didn’t they ? ? 

MOCs from AFOLs....