I've built it and broke it already....

Gears had friction and suddenly it made a louder click and then when it's in drive engine is not moving at all.

In reverse it works so connection from driveshaft to engine works...

Found where one of stick went out:

05dca6a241e2e.jpg

Edited by Valkyx

I would like to ask a question 

is there any kind of a central clutch in the drivetrain?

It is virtually the same transmission as the Chiron.

The 2 main gear differences are close to the differential and just a bit before the engine.

5 hours ago, AMX said:

I would like to ask a question 

is there any kind of a central clutch in the drivetrain?

There are no clutch gears.

Is anyone having problems with the shifter? Because I built mine correctly twice, and yet it barely works. It worked perfectly at first.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:10 PM, Valkyx said:

I've built it and broke it already....

Gears had friction and suddenly it made a louder click and then when it's in drive engine is not moving at all.

In reverse it works so connection from driveshaft to engine works...

Found where one of stick went out:

Did you shift gears while pushing it around, I mean while it had some speed?

20 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Did you shift gears while pushing it around, I mean while it had some speed?

That could be the case.

11 hours ago, Valkyx said:

That could be the case.

You should never do that! ?

When there is severe friction, the driving ring, the driving ring extender, the engaged clutch gear and the engaged gear get a firm hold on each other. When you shift gears under such friction, the driving ring, extender and engaged clutch gear will pull the engaged gears forwards and backwards, causing them to gradually slide off their axle, if the surrounding structure doesn't properly lock up these axles.

Welcome in the world of flawed stock gearboxes!

Edited by Didumos69

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

So the FKP 37 [still] following the 42110 footprints? ?

3 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

You should never do that! ?

When there is severe friction, the driving ring, the driving ring extender, the engaged clutch gear and the engaged gear get a firm hold on each other. When you shift gears under such friction, the driving ring, extender and engaged clutch gear will pull the engaged gears forwards and backwards, causing them to gradually slide off their axle, if the surrounding structure doesn't properly lock up these axles.

That can really happen? I use 6 speed manual transmissions in my MOCs, and that never happened to me, and I shift while driving a lot. (Granted, my designs are very low friction, that might help :wink:)

But I played  with some 8 speed sequential transmission test mules as well, and that never happened to me as well.

Intresting...

52 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I use 6 speed manual transmissions in my MOCs, and that never happened to me, and I shift while driving a lot. (Granted, my designs are very low friction, that might help :wink:)

But I played  with some 8 speed sequential transmission test mules as well, and that never happened to me as well.

You need to apply some torque, but then it certainly can happen. It depends on the way axles are layed out too of course. I had a motorized build with 2 Buwizz, where 1 servo, geared down twice, was not able to get any movement in the rotary catches under high torque, simply because the driving ring got a hold on the clutch gear it was engaged with.

By disengaging the driving ring at the top of this image, under high friction, you will pull the clutch gear and the axle it meshes with along with the driving ring. When you disengage the other end it will push the same axle back again. Doing this many times may cause the displacement. If the displaced axle has never been completely inserted into the red 3L connector, this course of events is even more likely.

05dca6a241e2e.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

8 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

You need to apply some torque, but then it certainly can happen. It depends on the way axles are layed out too of course. I had a motorized build with 2 Buwizz, where 1 servo, geared down twice, was not able to get any movement in the rotary catches under high torque, simply because the driving ring got a hold on the clutch gear it was engaged with.

By disengaging the driving ring at the top of this image, under high friction, you will pull the clutch gear and the axle it meshes with along with the driving ring. When you disengage the other end it will push the same axle back again. Doing this many times may cause the displacement. If the displaced axle has never been completely inserted into the red 3L connector, this course of events is even more likely.

05dca6a241e2e.jpg

Maybe i did not push it all the way in at the beginning. Red 3L connector did not break for sure and its working after i have pushed it back in.

So just got mine delivered yesterday (after 2 weeks of waiting since my order) built it for about 5 hours in the afternoon and finished it 1pm June 16th and it took me about 10 hours. The build was fun, interesting and didn't feel repetitive. In terms of the gearbox, I only had one issue and it was my fault as I put the part in step 134 on the wrong way having the grey part face away from the gearbox, so when I finished box 2 I realised when trying to shift gears, it wasn't working. So i went back, removed the seats, dash and engine and after some violent Lego bending, I managed to fix it and it works flawlessly. If you are having issues with the gearbox, Its definitely a building error. I suggest the painful process of starting it all again to ensure you did it all right. Another issue is the colour of the green. In videos, it looks a hell of lot darker than it actually is. And the discolouration of some parts isn't as noticeable on the wing as you would think. I actually noticed while building that the colour difference is more prominent in the seats. The 2 long Technic beams with axle and hole are a much lighter green that the three long Technic lift arms that secure it to the chassis. For the wing, its the hole-with-axle pins that are yellowish green and the ones with the regular hole-and-pin that are the correct green. Another "mistake" I found in the instructions is that when applying rotor blades on the side skirt, they cant actually be applied unless you remove the black hose which is applied first. It might just be me, but I had to remove them both before i could put the blades on. Overall, I love the car. I love the wing, the opening bonnet, hood and door mechanism, visible gearbox, engine details, interior and suspension which is a big improvement from the Chiron's saggy springs. The wheels look excellent and the box really stands out from the other Technic super cars. Its very strong and rigid (even after my mistake with the gearbox) as well though be advised as Sariel said in his comparison video, when lifting it from the roof, be careful not to snap the front off otherwise it will drop. I also found a way to store the small plaque as well. It can be inserted in the bag area of the bonnet upside down with the part of the stand that has no plaque resting against the bag. I think there should have definitely been a '63' print on the black fins at the rear but this would go over multiple pieces and look as janky as the Porsche RSR's wing. The addition of 0 stickers and 100% prints is a welcome one, and I hope the next Technic car has this as well. Speaking of next Technic car, seeing as Lego likes to release cars that are fairly new as of the Lego car release date, i'm guessing the real car that it will be based on hasn't even been revealed or isn't even out yet. But I guess we will see in 2022.....

Edited by OnyyX

8 hours ago, OnyyX said:

So just got mine delivered yesterday (after 2 weeks of waiting since my order) built it for about 5 hours in the afternoon and finished it 1pm June 16th and it took me about 10 hours. The build was fun, interesting and didn't feel repetitive. In terms of the gearbox, I only had one issue and it was my fault as I put the part in step 134 on the wrong way having the grey part face away from the gearbox, so when I finished box 2 I realised when trying to shift gears, it wasn't working. So i went back, removed the seats, dash and engine and after some violent Lego bending, I managed to fix it and it works flawlessly. If you are having issues with the gearbox, Its definitely a building error. I suggest the painful process of starting it all again to ensure you did it all right. Another issue is the colour of the green. In videos, it looks a hell of lot darker than it actually is. And the discolouration of some parts isn't as noticeable on the wing as you would think. I actually noticed while building that the colour difference is more prominent in the seats. The 2 long Technic beams with axle and hole are a much lighter green that the three long Technic lift arms that secure it to the chassis. For the wing, its the hole-with-axle pins that are yellowish green and the ones with the regular hole-and-pin that are the correct green. Another "mistake" I found in the instructions is that when applying rotor blades on the side skirt, they cant actually be applied unless you remove the black hose which is applied first. It might just be me, but I had to remove them both before i could put the blades on. Overall, I love the car. I love the wing, the opening bonnet, hood and door mechanism, visible gearbox, engine details, interior and suspension which is a big improvement from the Chiron's saggy springs. The wheels look excellent and the box really stands out from the other Technic super cars. Its very strong and rigid (even after my mistake with the gearbox) as well though be advised as Sariel said in his comparison video, when lifting it from the roof, be careful not to snap the front off otherwise it will drop. I also found a way to store the small plaque as well. It can be inserted in the bag area of the bonnet upside down with the part of the stand that has no plaque resting against the bag. I think there should have definitely been a '63' print on the black fins at the rear but this would go over multiple pieces and look as janky as the Porsche RSR's wing. The addition of 0 stickers and 100% prints is a welcome one, and I hope the next Technic car has this as well. Speaking of next Technic car, seeing as Lego likes to release cars that are fairly new as of the Lego car release date, i'm guessing the real car that it will be based on hasn't even been revealed or isn't even out yet. But I guess we will see in 2022.....

Unfortunately, I assembled mine twice, and the shifting mechanism still barely works.

17 minutes ago, Filthy Fox said:

Unfortunately, I assembled mine twice, and the shifting mechanism still barely works.

I don't know if this'll solve anything but in step 134 I'd use a towball instead of the axle-pin connector + bush. I remember I used the latter in a gearbox of mine a few months ago and it jammed up every now and then; switching to the towball made it foolproof.

Edited by suffocation

3 hours ago, suffocation said:

I don't know if this'll solve anything but in step 134 I'd use a towball instead of the axle-pin connector + bush. I remember I used the latter in a gearbox of mine a few months ago and it jammed up every now and then; switching to the towball made it foolproof.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have a look at that. Although, it would be nice to have it work in stock...

Btw I'm sorry if I'm not quotting correctly, I am relatively new to Eurobricks.

Hello guys, I am from Germany and new here in this Forum. I have me sign up because here are a lot of activities. :classic:

I would like to ask how much of you are affected with the Colour Problem on the Sian? Was it only the first Batch or all items? I will pick up my Sian tomorrow in the LEGO Store. The Problem with the colours are very annoying but it is very good that the Service of TLG is very good and will be send new good parts. I hope this will TLG not happen in the future again.

44 minutes ago, dromeracer said:

Hello guys, I am from Germany and new here in this Forum. I have me sign up because here are a lot of activities. :classic:

I would like to ask how much of you are affected with the Colour Problem on the Sian? Was it only the first Batch or all items? I will pick up my Sian tomorrow in the LEGO Store. The Problem with the colours are very annoying but it is very good that the Service of TLG is very good and will be send new good parts. I hope this will TLG not happen in the future again.

I heard from other guys, such as a follower of mine. That they have colour problems aswell, but only if you look closely 

So just after saying that the gearbox works perfectly, now everytime i push the car forward the back differential clicks and backward causes the front difderential to click. I cant figure out what it is it even does it in nuetral

I enjoy all this suffering so intensely :grin:.

Edited by Didumos69

11 hours ago, dromeracer said:

Many years ago they had a similar color problem with the 8043 (motorized excavator) set. My yellow digger had a two-tone colorscheme in yellow; and they fixed it for sending me a new set of panels.

Then of course later on they had to sent everyone a new set of 4 LA as well; since those had a friction problem as well...

The morale of this is that LEGO has had problems before, and that they are quite good and fast in fixing them...  However; this sounds like it's affecting all the sets, so it will be interesting to see what they do about that ?...

*oh2*

29 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I enjoy all this suffering so intensely :grin:.

It sounds more and more to me that I should cancel my order, and wait for a while.  Both Europeans and Australians are now complaining about this Lamborghini Sian set "experience"; and I'm getting that it mostly is not pleasant.  Maybe now I should be happy that the Americas are "loosing out" a little over the rest of the world ?...

That way LEGO can "recall" all sets and fix them before I get mine.  I'm adding to the list: 1) Set availability issues (release planning), 2) Color differences, 3) 20t Gear size issues, 4) Gearbox and drivetrain issues, 5) Instruction steps issues, 6) Instruction manual integrity issues, 7)... 

I'll keep adding and seriously thinking about waiting a couple of months ?... I really want the set; but I don't want to be disappointed and/or angry all the time either...

:wall:

Edited by Wimmer

On 5/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Didumos69 said:

They seem to not know the characteristic of their own modeling language called Technic. And this bad design practice is not because they had to meet other requirements, like ease of build or parts count. It is plain incapability.

One would expect some kind of progressive insight or gradually emerging best practices amongst TLG designers, but apparently there is no such thing. I have therefore also no expectations with respect to the drivetrain of the upcoming Lamborghini.

This observation remains valid. But the good thing is that things can be modded to make it work.

Edited by Didumos69