Seeing that Lego starts selling lighting kits, I think that they should start making the car kits motorable. So here is the car, just 380 euro, but go on our website and find out how to motorize it. buy that and that, and go go go

The Porsche GT3RS in my opinion is more tunable than the Chiron so they should make the Lambo as open to tunning as possible. 

I would have loved to be a classic Lambo but it’s probably the Sian yea.

9 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I'm guessing any new info on all 2HY 2020 Lego is quite scarce at the moment 

Fixed it for you. I dunno why they bothered going to NY fair with nothing to show, to be honest.

Edited by valenciaeric

44 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

to NY fair with nothing to show, to be honest.

Because Minions and Mandalorian sets? Those are a pretty big deal for Lego.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:40 PM, Wimmer said:

If this is number 13, what are the other 12 cars/vehicles you have in this scale ?

Lego didn’t make this many models in this 1:8 scale, didn’t they ? ? 

you know there's hypercar mocs from loxlego and others right?

31 minutes ago, Ethan0080 said:

you know there's hypercar mocs from loxlego and others right?

I didn’t know that.  Where do you find those ?

On 2/27/2020 at 7:44 AM, SNIPE said:

I wonder if this will have even more parts than the 42100.

You'd have to imagine that it would come in somewhere close to that or the Bugatti.

On a side note: I found it interesting that even though the Land Rover is not considered part of the "ultimate" range, it's part count is quite similar to that of the Porsche. So even though it may not be considered one it will sit proudly next to my Porsche, Bugatti and inevitable Lambo

For some reason I'm just not getting excited about this set. The Porsche was the first and the Chiron is the ultimate piece of engineering. The Lamborghini is just another supercar. Personally I think a McLaren Speedtail would have been a better option due to its unique cabin and engineering. This year I am more interested in the Ducati.

2 hours ago, Flossie said:

For some reason I'm just not getting excited about this set. The Porsche was the first and the Chiron is the ultimate piece of engineering. The Lamborghini is just another supercar. Personally I think a McLaren Speedtail would have been a better option due to its unique cabin and engineering. This year I am more interested in the Ducati.

We have too many supercars now, so it's not as exciting as it used to be in past.

This only makes 3. It will be interesting to see how many they may make in the future. I'd be surprised if the next ultimate is not some type of machinery though. 

So basically all we know atm is that it's out in June, it's olive green and has gold wheels? 

On 3/1/2020 at 9:38 AM, Flossie said:

The lambo is hybrid, that could make for some interesting stuff, and styling wise the lambo brings lots of new coolness to the table

My main concern is the colour, i think going olive green would be huge mistake and cost them quite a lot of sales

5 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

So basically all we know atm is that it's out in June, it's olive green and has gold wheels?

Well,... yes and no,...  it is coming out in June.  But that’s mostly it. The color is not given yet; and the olive green from the Land Rover is (according to me) not going to be the color of the Lambo. 

Metallic green maybe, but not ‘army’ olive green.  Gold wheels would be ok, but that means that the color is most likely a darker tint, so that the wheels stand out better and don’t clash with the color ?...

hello,

I do not have enough knowledge or expertise to poke and make arguments or even fight regarding the stuffs being discussed here.  I just want to know one thing, we have seen in that Lambo teaser it was written, Build for real

Do you think that itself is a clue as to what we can expect from this specific UCS series set? If we look at the first UCS car, it had a fake brake caliper. The 2nd one got a more realistic (looking) brake caliper. This year, may be they upped the game one notch? I have just put brake caliper as one of the perspectives. May be this time building experience will be emmm...more realistic. What reality can we expect there?

Edited by thekoRngear

10 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

This only makes 3. It will be interesting to see how many they may make in the future. I'd be surprised if the next ultimate is not some type of machinery though. 

No reason to kill the goose with the golden eggs. Supercars speak to the imagination of men and boys and have the Wow factor you need to be convinced to pay the premium price. They also have the potential to convince car freaks or fans of particular brands to start with Lego. It would really surprise me if they do not continue in this 2-year release cycle.

I agree with others here that sticking to olive green for the Lamborghini, will not push its sales, but that’s Lego and Lamborghinis decision.

Lego: Hi VW. Here’s our awesome new design for the Sian. Now, we need to talk colours. We were thinking ‘olive’. All the AFOLs (who will overwhelmingly criticise this model and pick over all it’s perceived shortcomings) REALLY want this colour. They won’t actually build your Sian of course, but they will buy select parts to build a vehicle which is the polar opposite of a Lamborghini.  Oh, and fantastic news! The Sian will be only the SECOND model to use this super colour, behind the model we released for one of your competitors a few months ago.  Everyone LOVED this colour! Apart from the ones that didn’t.
VW: Errrrrrrr..........

Edited by Big Adam

2 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

hello,

I do not have enough knowledge or expertise to poke and make arguments or even fight regarding the stuffs being discussed here.  I just want to know one thing, we have seen in that Lambo teaser it was written, Build for real

Do you think that itself is a clue as to what we can expect from this specific UCS series set? If we look at the first UCS car, it had a fake brake caliper. The 2nd one got a more realistic (looking) brake caliper. This year, may be they upped the game one notch? I have just put brake caliper as one of the perspectives. May be this time building experience will be emmm...more realistic. What reality can we expect there?

"Build For Real" is the Technic tagline.

18 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I'd be surprised if the next ultimate is not some type of machinery though. 

Machinery has been getting huge technic sets for way longer though, 42009, 42030, 42043, 42055, 42082, 42100 are all huuuge sets with pricetags and partcounts to match, and personally i dont expect the ultimate car lineup to get bumped for machinery which is already well represented in technic. 

8 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Lego: Hi VW. Here’s our awesome new design for the Sian. Now, we need to talk colours. We were thinking ‘olive’. All the AFOLs (who will overwhelmingly criticise this model and pick over all it’s perceived shortcomings) REALLY want this colour. They won’t actually build your Sian of course, but they will buy select parts to build a vehicle which is the polar opposite of a Lamborghini.  Oh, and fantastic news! The Sian will be only the SECOND model to use this super colour, behind the model we released for one of your competitors a few months ago.  Everyone LOVED this colour! Apart from the ones that didn’t.
VW: Errrrrrrr..........

Wouldn’t call Land Rover a competitor of Lamborghini.

I’m just waiting to see the official pics of the model before I make decisions on if I think it’s the right colour or not. The Land Rover works well in the green.

14 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Wouldn’t call Land Rover a competitor of Lamborghini.

I would.  On a smaller scale the Land Rover, and the Range Rover brand for sure, are direct competitors to the new Urus. 
Mostly the Range Rover Sport I guess...  But still. Luxury SUV’s with off-road capabilities...

VW Group, not Lambo.

I have nothing against the olive green.  I’d go as far as saying I quite like it. 
But there’s no way TLG will release the Sian in such a utilitarian colour. 
0*z6mvoDhr_lXJ2hkX.jpg

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

I would.  On a smaller scale the Land Rover, and the Range Rover brand for sure, are direct competitors to the new Urus. 
Mostly the Range Rover Sport I guess...  But still. Luxury SUV’s with off-road capabilities...

And in terms of parent companies, VAG produces a direct compeitior to pretty much anything Jaguar or Land Rover produces, Audi, Porsche and Bentley cover Jaguar, And anything not die-hard off-road LR produces is covered by Audi, Porsche, the Urus and the higher end soft roaders from VW.

On another topic, i was sitting here looking at my Chiron, and remembered there is quite some chassis flex in it, the construction just isnt rigid enough to handle the total weight of the set.without being in the middle (this was already apparant halfway through construction), given that the Lambo will have a Chiron-esque part count, i wonder if the chassis will be rigid enough to handle the weight of the thing. (and on that tanget, wether the suspension will finally be strong enough)

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

On another topic, i was sitting here looking at my Chiron, and remembered there is quite some chassis flex in it, the construction just isnt rigid enough to handle the total weight of the set.without being in the middle (this was already apparant halfway through construction), given that the Lambo will have a Chiron-esque part count, i wonder if the chassis will be rigid enough to handle the weight of the thing. (and on that tanget, wether the suspension will finally be strong enough)

?.   I agree. My Chiron is sitting on a shelf in my bedroom; every morning I laugh when I see the car resting on its chassis, because the springs can’t carry the weight of the car. 
I really hope that they will do pushrod suspension on the Sian, since the Aventador has that kind of suspension as well. 

And I really hope they come up with a much stronger damper/spring combo; or at least use more units for each wheel. Because obviously the two units per wheel is not cutting it at all...

Edited by Wimmer
Text