2 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Ok. I get it. But if you’re LEGO and you know all those points you’re making as well; would you not make sure you provide adequate supplies for all regions before you go live with it ?

Perhaps, but what is adequate? Lego is working in unknown territory at the moment due to Covid-19. Lego sales have been booming since Covid-19 hit. Any estimates they make have a high risk of being inadequate. Perhaps they upped their estimates and production for this set and there is more available at launch than the Chiron or the Porsche. We don't know and we will probably never know. Releasing a set until it's "adequate" in these times, could mean a half year delay before they release it. I doubt you'd want that. 

Another possibility is that Lambo wants the set out now and this is the the best Lego could do in production and distribution in this time frame with Covid-19, we don't know. 

2 hours ago, Wimmer said:

I guess you have yours already ?...

Nope, I considered going to the Lego Store on June 1st, but thought it was closed due to a national holiday and apparently completely missed the boat as it was out of stock the next day. So I'll probably pick it up in august or something. 

38 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

Gear alignment was wrong,  causing gesr changes to be 1t, 3rd, 2nd, 4th

And to this day it’s not fixed. They claimed it would work better or something. The Porsche gearbox was a disaster anyway.

18 minutes ago, LvdH said:

And to this day it’s not fixed. They claimed it would work better or something. The Porsche gearbox was a disaster anyway.

So is the Land rovers. I own the Porsche gt3 rs, Land Rover and Chiron and the only working gearbox is the Chirons. I guess Lego figured that out and thats why they kept the gearbox for the Sian

Edited by OnyyX

6 hours ago, OnyyX said:

So is the Land rovers. I own the Porsche gt3 rs, Land Rover and Chiron and the only working gearbox is the Chirons.

I think that the 42110 gearbox was originally correct, because it seems to operate intuitively (turn right to increase gear and left to decrease, shift forwards to high gear and backwards to low gear) it's just that they changed the stickers for non gearheads who thought that lower gears should mean lower engine speeds.

17 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Totally blows my mind how LEGO bogged this so bad for us on the west coast ?

Just to clarify whilst I want the set to arrive ASAP, it will arrive when it arrives. Far more important things in the world to worry about. :sweet:

Ian...

Just now, LvdH said:

Seems like LEGO's instruction team didn't pay a lot of attention :laugh: 

D4mPI72.png

Dude WTF is up with these instruction errors. They are all over the place.

Also, the "intro image" of bag 5 is the same as that of bag 4. (book 2, page 192, between steps 857 and 858).

42115_instruction_error.png

I mean, where's literally the whole front of the car? :P

They seem to have fixed the bug in step 921 with the black 1x2 beam though.

Edited by Erik Leppen

2 hours ago, Fuzzock said:

Just to clarify whilst I want the set to arrive ASAP, it will arrive when it arrives. Far more important things in the world to worry about. :sweet:

Ian...

Thank you...

purchased midnight the 1st, shipped today 6/3, expected delivery 6/5. Jacksonville Florida.

edit, delivery date changed to monday 6/8

Edited by furio
delivery date changed

16 hours ago, Magical Duck said:

I think that the 42110 gearbox was originally correct, because it seems to operate intuitively (turn right to increase gear and left to decrease, shift forwards to high gear and backwards to low gear) it's just that they changed the stickers for non gearheads who thought that lower gears should mean lower engine speeds.

Yes, 42110’s gearbox is almost correct if you just flip the stickers - except reverse then runs at the same ratio as 4th gear. Glad the Sian could use a tried-and-tested gearbox, while improving on the Chiron’s many non-gearbox issues!

Backorder has changed (at least here in Canada) by three days; from July 2, to July 5. I imagine this will continue changing. 

It's also great that it's being advertised literally everywhere and they don't even have anything right now to fill the orders with. Awesome. Seems like the marketing department really outdid themselves.

Edited by moebiusfactor

26 minutes ago, moebiusfactor said:

Backorder has changed (at least here in Canada) by three days; from July 2, to July 5. I imagine this will continue changing. 

That's not frustrating... 

In U.S., 

"Backorders accepted, will ship in 60 days"

18 minutes ago, Abraham5G said:

In U.S., 

"Backorders accepted, will ship in 60 days"

Same. It JUST changed right after posting that. Two months wait? Seriously? I'm tempted to cancel the order and pick it up at a much later time, really not worth this much trouble. Love that they charged my credit card already too. 

Edited by moebiusfactor

I could be way off but I'd imagine the current situation in the US can't be helping US customers. 

Not to make light of the situation but from what we see on the news there's no stores left to put them in. But seriously would there be any deliveries to areas most affected by looters? 

I just spoke with someone at Lego to get a clearer picture on this. Basically the agent told me that those who placed their order on late May 31 or June 1 and whose orders ended up on backorder, are still on the July 2 shipping schedule. He said because of all the factory-shut downs, production has been very limited and the preliminary first-wave sets were gone on June 1. July 2 is the second wave, July 5 the third, August the fourth, at least based on what he was saying. The charge to my credit card is a pre-authorization, so I should get that money back this week or early next week, in which case it will be charged in July when it ships. Kind of unnecessarily complicated, and I will keep an eye on my credit card to see if my money is returned soon as promised. 

When I asked him if the July 2 date, or any date, for that matter, is guaranteed, he gave me a very deep and philosophical answer, "nothing in the world today is guaranteed" to which, well, there wasn't much else I could say. 

I'm still not entirely convinced, but I have no choice but to take his word for it... at least, for now. If I get another delay, I'm cancelling the order. 

Edited by moebiusfactor

3 hours ago, moebiusfactor said:

It's also great that it's being advertised literally everywhere and they don't even have anything right now to fill the orders with. Awesome. Seems like the marketing department really outdid themselves.

Careful now;... @Appie and @Fuzzock might want to teach you a lesson about patience; pandemics and whatever else is real important. 
@moebiusfactor I made my point about this before and am not going to state it again; but I agree with you...

I think all four of us have a point that’s true...

2 hours ago, moebiusfactor said:

I just spoke with someone at Lego to get a clearer picture on this. Basically the agent told me that those who placed their order on late May 31 or June 1 and whose orders ended up on backorder, are still on the July 2 shipping schedule. He said because of all the factory-shut downs, production has been very limited and the preliminary first-wave sets were gone on June 1. July 2 is the second wave, July 5 the third, August the fourth, at least based on what he was saying. The charge to my credit card is a pre-authorization, so I should get that money back this week or early next week, in which case it will be charged in July when it ships. Kind of unnecessarily complicated, and I will keep an eye on my credit card to see if my money is returned soon as promised. 

When I asked him if the July 2 date, or any date, for that matter, is guaranteed, he gave me a very deep and philosophical answer, "nothing in the world today is guaranteed" to which, well, there wasn't much else I could say. 

I'm still not entirely convinced, but I have no choice but to take his word for it... at least, for now. If I get another delay, I'm cancelling the order. 

Thanks for letting me know. My order was taken on the 31st.  It says so on my order confirmation as well.  We’ll see if it’s true what they told you. 
I’m not holding my breath either that it will be that way. 
Sometimes I wonder ?...

Edited by Wimmer