5 hours ago, Wimmer said:

0:30 'shut up and take my money' meme

Ah yes, hail corporate

Today being the 11th of May; there’s exactly three weeks left to 42115 reveal !...

?

Let's home this time TLG succeed keeping it under wraps until they very day of the reveal.

I believe the Chiron was leaked just 2-3 days before the reveal.

2 hours ago, N-4K0 said:

Let's home this time TLG succeed keeping it under wraps until they very day of the reveal.

Personally I do not, since I enjoy leaks :laugh:

I would like the first time I see it to be a nice clear image from TLG rather than a leak, but TBH, I'm more interested in seeing the transmission than the car itself!

What's the transmission like in the real Sian? 4WD or 2WD? Central diff or no central diff? How many gears?

28 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What's the transmission like in the real Sian? 4WD or 2WD? Central diff or no central diff? How many gears?

It’s a V12 with an 48V electric motor mates to the 7 speed gearbox. The car is AWD, it doesn’t have a central diff (as far as I’m aware, it would take up too much space) and it has limited slip on the rear diff.

I bet the real Sian has some kind of torque converter unit (I dont know if thats what it is called) instead of a center diff, like most modern AWD Supercars do.

Edited by Gray Gear

10 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I bet the real Sian has some kind of torque converter unit (I dont know if thats what it is called) instead of a center diff, like most modern AWD Supercars do.

Torque converter ?...  SO I guess in Audi's case they call that a Haldex coupling.  And Lamborghini is an Audi-owned brand ?...

4 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Torque converter ?...  SO I guess in Audi's case they call that a Haldex coupling.  And Lamborghini is an Audi-owned brand ?...

Haldex is it's own company.

3 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

It is not the name I was looking for, but it is the device I was trying to describe :grin:

14 hours ago, Wimmer said:

The haldex

a) isnt a torque converter, its just an automatic clutch used to quickly engage the rear wheels when needed

b) is only used in small audis like the A/S/RS3 and the TT, which have the engine transversely (and are primarily an FWD car), the proper quattro (A4 and larger) Audis use a different system.

Im also not sure what kind of AWD system Lambo normally use, but there is no way they use a haldex.

14 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Yes Lamborghini is owned by Audi who are then owned by VW Group

There is also Bentley within the VW Group. So here we go with a wild speculation for 2022  :grin:

Wheelsandmore-New-Continental-Tuning-11.

52 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

There is also Bentley within the VW Group. So here we go with a wild speculation for 2022  :grin:

Wheelsandmore-New-Continental-Tuning-11.

Yes I’m aware of that ?

You could have chosen a better pic, and not something that’s been modified.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

Yes I’m aware of that ?

I deliberately have chosen a pic with a tuned Continental GT version which actually looks like a sports car. The original car and the rest of all Bentley are not to my taste. Doesn´t matter anyway because it has to be something new, not existing so far. However I hope they will stick with another brand outside the VW group next time :wink:

The Continental GT isn’t meant to look like a Sports car, it’s a Grand Tourer.

I’d chose a V8 GTC from the current line up if I had a choice, they’re amazing cars to drive. Shame I can’t afford one. Of the older a Bentleys it would be a 2008 Brooklands Coupe.

if everyone liked the same thing the world would be very boring.

10 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Im also not sure what kind of AWD system Lambo normally use, but there is no way they use a haldex.

That there is "no way" seems a bit strong, even though it might be very unlikely. The Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 used a Haldex system as well as the Bugatti Veyron, but otherwise they mainly build systems for FWD based cars like you wrote.

Edited by zoo

With the recent removing of creator expert branding that announced by TLG, I believe this set will also changed to 18+ and use the new adult-focused packaging design, like what we can be seen in Star Wars UCS and new ‘creator expert’ haunted house.

21 hours ago, Seasider said:

Yes I’m aware of that ?

Abit out of topic now.

Please stick to the Lamborghini discussion, thanks 

2 hours ago, Technicallism said:

With the recent removing of creator expert branding that announced by TLG, I believe this set will also changed to 18+ and use the new adult-focused packaging design, like what we can be seen in Star Wars UCS and new ‘creator expert’ haunted house.

Abit out of topic now.

Please stick to the Lamborghini discussion, thanks 

I’d assume the packaging for the Lamborghini will be a similar design to the Porsche and Bugatti which I’d say is already an adult and premium box with its nice lift off lid, with lots of details (especially on the inside of the Bugatti lid) and a nice display of numbered boxes inside. This is definitely something that doesn’t need improving in this series as it’s already premium. I don’t know how you’d make the box more premium/adult oriented apart from sticking an 18+ label on it.

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I’d assume the packaging for the Lamborghini will be a similar design to the Porsche and Bugatti which I’d say is already an adult and premium box with its nice lift off lid, with lots of details (especially on the inside of the Bugatti lid) and a nice display of numbered boxes inside. This is definitely something that doesn’t need improving in this series as it’s already premium. I don’t know how you’d make the box more premium/adult oriented apart from sticking an 18+ label on it.

Yeah I don't think the Lamborghini box will be much different from the others. But I can think of a possible way to make it more adult oriented, and that's to make it like the sets they had growing up, like 8868 or 8880 for example, with the flip up lid and clear plastic allowing you to see all the parts, with some parts in the special bits tray! I feel like all the sets of the 90s had more premium packaging than the premium sets of today. But hey, it's only the box. The model itself is what's important.

That would be a tough sell in the modern world where everyone is (happily) moving away from excessive plastic packing!

Anyone want to guess (based on what has been revealed about the real car or the LEGO model) what color LEGO are likely to pick for this?

About the only thing that would get me to take this set off my wish list is if they pick a color I hate like the Olive Green they used on last years Land Rover.

1 hour ago, amorti said:

That would be a tough sell in the modern world where everyone is (happily) moving away from excessive plastic packing!

What about removing the clear plastic window and keeping a simillar tray, but made of cardboard? Something like the image bellow, but with more sophisticated printing. Could also reduce the number of plastic bags used!

HTB1Nb34KeSSBuNjy0Flq6zBpVXaC.jpg

Configuring the assembly lines to a new style of box would be expensive, though.