8 minutes ago, kbalage said:

how would you want to house 6 AA batteries?

Who said anything about AA batteries? The train PF battery box used AAAs

At the pricepoint, I don’t think there will be motors included. It’s about the same price as the Chiron with about the same number of pieces. The price/piece ratio is pretty much identical. So there isn’t really any budget for motors or even lights.

23 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Who said anything about AA batteries?

Technic hubs always use AA, train battery boxes are usually considered System and never appear in Technic sets

Just now, ibessonov said:

Technic hubs always use AA, train battery boxes are usually considered System and never appear in Technic sets

That's not an excuse though. As far as I'm aware, there's no reason the smart hub couldn't have been designed to house AAA batteries to begin with.

The AA smart hub singularly kills compact MOCing. By shoving everything together into one package along with six AA batteries, you have this giant block whose volume can't be distributed over an entire set like it could with PF. For a company that pushes creativity and building so hard, it was a frankly moronic decision to move to a hub design that's even bigger than its predecessor.

Anyone thinking this set will be motorized is very wrong. The weight alone will be some 3,5-4 kg and in order to get any decent performance you would need at least 4 L/XL motors. And you can see how well a pair of motors performs in a 1200g model that is 42099. Besides the gearbox would eat up 75% of the energy due to the massive amount of gears and friction. And not to mention CV joints used to drive the wheels can't really take much torque. What would be interesting though, is to use a motor as a generator which would light up the lights for example.

Edited by Zerobricks

Indeed. As an example, the 8448 does have motorisation instructions, but comes with yellow beams specifically to raise the rear wheels off the ground, so that we can see the effect of the different speeds without the car having to move its own weight.

Here's a thought, the Lego teaser heavily emphasizes the lights. Now it's likely that's because it mirrors the real lambo poster, but I don't think adding lights is entirely out of the question.

Still hoping for new post on FB regarding lambo at 4 pm so just 2h more...

Just now, Valkyx said:

Still hoping for new post on FB regarding lambo at 4 pm so just 2h more...

What do you mean by that? The real Lambo car reveal was yesterday

1 hour ago, Jockos said:

What do you mean by that? The real Lambo car reveal was yesterday

I do not see anywhere any post with pics of 42115. I don't rly care about real lambo reveal. Lego technic page on Facebook posts stuff at 4pm my time. I'm still hoping for something today regarding the Lego lambo.

7 hours ago, Seasider said:

It was blue on my iPhone when I did the VR app

Turquoise on my phone...

Release to the VIP on June 1st;... that’s only three weeks away now !

I’m getting excited !... ?

1 hour ago, Valkyx said:

I do not see anywhere any post with pics of 42115. I don't rly care about real lambo reveal. Lego technic page on Facebook posts stuff at 4pm my time. I'm still hoping for something today regarding the Lego lambo.

Don't expect to see any posts with a full reveal before the actual event, unless it's a leak. The teaser that showed us something was published only 3 days ago, and if the content shared in advance will be similar to the Bugatti then we won't get more than the wheel design anyway. 

57 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Don't expect to see any posts with a full reveal before the actual event, unless it's a leak. The teaser that showed us something was published only 3 days ago, and if the content shared in advance will be similar to the Bugatti then we won't get more than the wheel design anyway. 

Yup.  And since they already showed the wheel in that clip from three days ago; I guess we won’t be getting anything more until the official reveal...

That’s a little sad, but like I said before;... reveal is now only three weeks away !... ? 

Edited by Wimmer

57 minutes ago, kbalage said:

if the content shared in advance will be similar to the Bugatti then we won't get more than the wheel design anyway

Technically, we had teaser video where W16 engine and new 20z gear were visible, so who knows...

1 hour ago, ibessonov said:

Technically, we had teaser video where W16 engine and new 20z gear were visible, so who knows...

Luckily I had a screenshot saved for 42083. It was on 1 May, 2018. Lego was (albeit not significantly) more revealing. Situation is different now though....

BCLTechnic.JPG

Edited by thekoRngear

Oh ok, i think you should have a little happier without this countdown event this time.

Meaning it can be revealed anytime from now until 1st-June, and not like the Bugatti where reveal must only when countdown is over, which is only at 1st-June.

I believe we no need to wait until 1st-June this time because no event can be organized like the Bugatti 2 years back due to COVID-19 and travelling restriction from each country, suspect all the press or AFOL Ambassadors have movement limitation to join the event.

Edited by Technicallism

Maybe the Sian is just a “smokescreen” and LEGO comes from the other side and brings us this one instead ?....

... I know,... but I can dream too sometimes ?... ? 

6DBF8716-6E18-4FF4-9E53-DBB2EE317AB6.jpeg

4 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Oh ok, i think you should have a little happier without this countdown event this time.

Meaning it can be revealed anytime from now until 1st-June, and not like the Bugatti where reveal must only when countdown is over, which is only at 1st-June.

I believe we no need to wait until 1st-June this time because no event can be organized like the Bugatti 2 years back due to COVID-19 and travelling restriction from each country, suspect all the press or AFOL Ambassadors have movement limitation to join the event.

LOL, it has nothing to do with the countdown although the point is valid that no one needs to wait until it hits June 1st. It was a comparison between two model's "revelation" timeline. We got a 9 sec vid teaser just a couple days ago where the wheel is mostly teased. Compared to that we'd seen the W16 engine and some bits just before a month for Chiron. I was just supporting the fact what the other poster was saying.

I like this slow-paced revelation though. If a 1 or 1+ min long teaser video (like 42107 or 42111) or even something better is released in a short while, then it'll be actually better than that countdown. Because you are pretty much stuck with that pic and countdown timer for a month for the Bugatti. For Lambo there is no such thing ? so yeah, lets see

Edited by thekoRngear

15 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

I like this slow-paced revelation though. If a 1 or 1+ min long teaser video (like 42107 or 42111) or even something better is released in a short while, then it'll be actually better than that countdown. 

There was no teaser for 42107 or 42111, the ~1 min videos are actually the product promo videos TLG makes for the sets. I'm absolutely sure we will not see details of the Lamborghini before the full reveal (unless it's a leak), maybe a minor detail like the rim but nothing about the car's look or features. 

Just saw this video from May 6th; release date is now July 1st ???   Or is that the general release date, and we (VIP) still get the chance at June 1st ?...

Don't make me wait any longer LEGO...

1 hour ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Can't say that looks like an official LEGO teaser though

Yeah, it appears that someone just made a compilation video of what has been revealed and added some real Sian imagery. No new info in that one.