I’d heard the Aventador replacement was delayed a few years, possibly 2024, but I may be wrong.

I would expect a derivative of an existing car.

20 hours ago, LvdH said:

This seems interesting. Lamborghini back to producing cars with a new one to be revealed next week. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lamborghini-restart-production-and-reveal-new-model-next-week

Lots of car companies (At least in the U.K.) are slowly heading back to work but with heavily reduced production speed to maintain social distancing.

Update :

Sounds as if it’s likely to be 7th May for the new Lambo release and likely to either be an update to the Urus or more likely a special of the Huracan (Road car based on their Evo race car).

But I don’t think this changes the logic that we think the Lego model is the Sian (exactly the same teaser image from Lambo and Lego) ... but I may be completely wrong.

Edited by Seasider

Just now, Gimmick said:

*oh2* now i'm curious :D

Nothing new, based on the filename that was supposed to be the original Sian teaser, I guess to prove the point that LEGO will release the Sian and not something else.

f21c542b-lamborghini-concept-02.jpg

Just now, kbalage said:

Nothing new, based on the filename that was supposed to be the original Sian teaser, I guess to prove the point that LEGO will release the Sian and not something else.

curiosity meter has returned to normal state.

I found it interesting Lamborghini’s teaser for the LEGO 42115 showed red “lights” rather than white, in LEGO’s teaser.

Original rumors said "wingdoors and red" for 42115, right? Basically we know nothing about the color at this point, "green" shade was just an assumption.

On 5/4/2020 at 5:57 AM, TeamThrifty said:

100%.. as i said in my original post, those guys are good enough to be employed by TLG - That suggests they're pretty good at it!! And for them to spend months of their working lives creating a model that is not only a great model, but also fits the tight constraints of cost prices, target RRP's, global customer base preferences...imagine achieving that only for it to be branded pathetic or a failure? It must break their heart some days, those guys love what they do...

Exactly, there's a bunch on unrealistic expectation followed by hate. In 1980 when i had 850 and 851, this modern stuff would have blown my mind!!

The hate makes me cross which is why i replied a few messages ago, but my love of Lego and my appreciation of what TLG provide us with is undiminished. Building a model is an adventure, (official set or a moc), and that adventure doesn't end on the last page of the instructions... thats where it starts. And a moc is never ever finished! There's always one more modification... i hope i'll be trying to fit that one last modification in as i draw my last breath!! 

@TeamThrifty I was so excited to get 850 for my birthday that year. It was the first technic set ever. The little yellow fork truck that actually drove, steered and had a hand cracked fork system.  

...And the others followed.  Like 852 which was the blue helicopter with a real working landing gear set (!)...

As an almost 55 year old adult (With multiple degrees in engineering, including an automotive design degree), with over 200 LEGO sets hidden in my house; those numbers bring up happy memories, moments and a big smile.  

I don’t care people “hate” on LEGO; I still love them and always will.  They still do the trick for me, they did for my kids and might do so again when they will be older and have some set “trigger” them back into it...

I love their sets even though they got more expensive, and I think it’s great that they are not perfect; because that’s normal coming from a building system that is based on a rectangular block !!!...

20 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Original rumors said "wingdoors and red" for 42115, right? Basically we know nothing about the color at this point, "green" shade was just an assumption.

That’s correct, nobody knows the sets color yet, but we all have our preferences. 

Lamborghinis are known to be outrageous in colors, and they have some well sold colors like their “matte orange” (out because of the Porsche), they have a beautiful blue metallic (out because of the Bugatti) and of course their Mantis green. 

All of these colors are shown earlier in this thread, in some of my comments. I had a family member included in the design of their “welcome” boxes they give new Lamborghini car owners. (The box includes gloves and other goodies...)

Those will combine nicely with the Olive Green of the Land Rover.

Here is the box that was made for the new Urus.  And the LEGO version of the car in their color green. 

This color is one of their most popular colors !

D00D8542-9502-4489-95E3-721DB9E2CBD4.jpeg

Wait which of the two rims is the one from the Technic model? The second one? I cant tell them apart....

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

So, about that Porsche rim....

Yup. That’s the same wheel shown earlier on the Orange Huracan Performante image. 

I love those rims !   That’s already a great choice by LEGO. And I guess they are “bronze” look as well then, which i like as well !!!

It’s definitely a Sian, the black small panel behind the wheel in black is the give away. The video on the Lego website is wider and shows more of the car than the video above

49859497372_93e936f2eb_b.jpg

so it’s meant to represent the show car which was mainly green with gold wheels and the occasional black accent.

I’m sold but then I always was!

Edited by Seasider

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Wait which of the two rims is the one from the Technic model? The second one? I cant tell them apart....

Looking at the bits inside the wheel and behind the wheelarch in the shot of the first wheel, I'd guess the second (bit more yellowish) wheel is the LEGO one, but it's a darn close call... 

Yeah..looks like the 2nd one is the Lego one

Also, are there brake calipers..?*oh2*

Just now, Rudivdk said:

Looking at the bits inside the wheel and behind the wheelarch in the shot of the first wheel, I'd guess the second (bit more yellowish) wheel is the LEGO one, but it's a darn close call... 

49859194691_bb3d9ae5a4_b.jpg

a snapshot from my phone of the video on the website. This is the Lego model, you can see the small black panel and also the brakes are made up of a 1x4 curved tile with a 1x2 plate with bar

A thought just crossed my mind: what if the 7th of May Lambo reveal is actually the LEGO model... Would be the best hype creation ever for a LEGO set...

Is that a new colour for the body panels? Doesn't look green enough to be defender colour?

...And we will be getting red brake calipers to go with the Bronze colored wheels...  ?