Ngoc Nguyen

42115 - Lamborghini Sian FKP 37

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, amorti said:

It's going to ship in June. I'd be confident they have something of a prototype in hand already.

If you’re looking at the site I think you’re looking at, I am pretty sure it’s a scam site. Several of their sets are marked to ship in one, two or three months and for some reason they have reviews on them of “verified owners”. So it really doesn’t say much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I cannot believe for one second that this is not a direct rip of the real Lego model. It’s just too beautiful and well sculpted. The Porsche wheels confuse me, but I think it’s possible they just changed up the rims.

I never would have expected anything like this to happen.

That being said it’s an amazing looking model, and the proportions and body lines are SPOT ON, but my god do those new panels just scream “shit we bit off way more than we could chew here” :rofl:

Edited by Bartybum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I cannot believe for one second that this is not a direct rip of the real Lego model. It’s just too beautiful and well sculpted. The Porsche wheels confuse me, but I think it’s possible they just changed up the rims.

I never would have expected anything like this to happen.

That being said it’s an amazing looking model, and the proportions and body lines are SPOT ON, but my god do those new panels just scream “shit we bit off way more than we could chew here” :rofl:

Lol...... that is funny.  I had the exact opposite reaction.  I was thinking.... "well, one good thing is that if this is a copy of the real thing, at least my pocket book will stave this one off (I bought both 42056 and 83), b/c this this is so ugly there is not way I am getting it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Lol...... that is funny.  I had the exact opposite reaction.  I was thinking.... "well, one good thing is that if this is a copy of the real thing, at least my pocket book will stave this one off (I bought both 42056 and 83), b/c this this is so ugly there is not way I am getting it..."

Oh don't get me wrong, I hate the real Sian too hahah. By all accounts it's a messy eyesore, namely because of all the black angular gaps running along the body. However, the Technic model just works for me because those black gaps aren't as prominent due to the gaps in the rest of the body panels

Edited by Bartybum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kbalage said:

All they needed is an acceptable design for once (not too difficult to pay someone to design it)

Problem is, the accuracy of this design goes WAY beyond anything even our resident hypercar builders have done. The accuracy of the proportions and body lines is scary. Everything about the design language of the set screams official model to me.

The design language of the front quarter panels/fenders is practically identical to the fenders in the 911 and Chiron, in that the edges have that slight fillet.

I'm convinced that the bootleggers got an early copy from a warehouse or a retailer in China.

And yet, those side view mirrors are different.

 

I'm so confused...

Edited by Bartybum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Problem is, the accuracy of this design goes WAY beyond anything even our resident hypercar builders have done. The accuracy of the proportions and body lines is scary. Everything about the design language of the set screams official model to me.

The design language of the front quarter panels/fenders is practically identical to the fenders in the 911 and Chiron, in that the edges have that slight fillet.

I'm convinced that the bootleggers got an early copy from a warehouse or a retailer in China.

And yet, those side view mirrors are different.

 

I'm so confused...

So,... say that these are close to the real thing,... which color do we like ?

I’m leaning towards the green here because I think the blue is too close to the Bugatti.  But I think the car looks better In blue; like overal shape and proportion wise...

I am confused too...

So now I hope that LEGO shows us something that will make all of us like this car on the end ?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I am under the assumption that this is generally what the official model will look like. Not necessarily the colors presented, but the physical layout. However, I will agree with the earlier user pointing out the use of studs, and that we can expect TLG to produce a merely studless design along with panels for the side mirrors. By studying Lepin and similar companies, it seems that a lot of the mocs and models they copy with or more without consent, seem to skip out on parts of the designs (sometimes pivotal). From these photos, I think that 1. they have a couple of official photos of the outside of the official model, and thus made a render, throwing in the Porsche wheels instead of completely designing the new rims they may or may had not seen. And 2. the reasoning for such an obscure release date is they don't have the primary photos of the interior including the inner workings. One thing that stood out to me was the photo that contained 4 new parts, 1 of which was already released in 42109. I think they are waiting for more information about the model to fully orchestrate the rest of the Lambo. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, I feel like those new panels aren’t really something LEGO would produce. They look too specialized for that specific model, and to make six molds just for that set seems a little much. They don’t look versatile enough for LEGO to produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

For some reason, I feel like those new panels aren’t really something LEGO would produce. They look too specialized for that specific model, and to make six molds just for that set seems a little much. They don’t look versatile enough for LEGO to produce.

I for myself would have loved to have those front fender panels back when I built my Honda NSX...they would have been a perfect fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 3:50 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

lego-technic-lamborghini-1155x585.jpg

Compare to this picture we can clearly see two pairs of 3x11panels on the roof. Wich the chinese copy do not have. Fake for me...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do think the model is fake, I dont rule out the possibility of the new piece for the front fender, The current fender part for Bugatti and Porsche is just too squarish. Maybe the new fender will not be a single part like that, but at least there will probably be a new circular fender piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With the wing mirrors, we know very little about the design process, so it's possible they were changed at the last moment.

I think the timing on this one is too close to be anything but a result of bootleggers having gotten their hands on the set early (either through a leak or a retailer), especially since Lego intend to reveal and release it on the same day, like they did with the Falcon. Given that sets would have already been in the country because of the Jiaxing factory, I think it's extremely unlikely that MK went to the effort to make their own design, since (looking at MK's current MK catalogue) they haven't done anything of the sort historically.

Edited by Bartybum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see 3 pairs of new molds in that photo: front wheel arch, rear wheel arch side panel, rear wheel arch top panel. Those molds look too single-purposed and are not sth that TLG would normally do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Problem is, the accuracy of this design goes WAY beyond anything even our resident hypercar builders have done. The accuracy of the proportions and body lines is scary. Everything about the design language of the set screams official model to me.

Don't be so cruel with our master MOCers, they can do much better than this :wink: If you remove those huge custom pieces around the front and rear wheels it'll suddenly become far less appealing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I can see 3 pairs of new molds in that photo: front wheel arch, rear wheel arch side panel, rear wheel arch top panel. Those molds look too single-purposed and are not sth that TLG would normally do.

The thing is, we don't and can't KNOW what Lego would do. They've surprised us quite a bit in the last few years and done things we wouldn't have thought they'd do.

Who's to say the VW Group hasn't slipped them a bit of money to help make those part moulds? Single use moulds aren't anything special, Technic did it for the Mack, the GT3 and the Chiron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bartybum said:

Technic did it for the Mack, the GT3 and the Chiron

Those pieces are just the dog, the wheels + a unique printed code tile, and the wheels + a unique printed code tile. Single-used wheels + unique printed code tiles are almost guaranteed to be a part of the Lamborghini and the supercar line in general. All another 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ngoc Nguyen My point still stands though, there's no way for us to know what Lego would do. Nobody would have expected so many licensed sets this year. Maybe these UCS cars are selling so well that they can afford to spend more on new moulds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just look at the ends of that front fender. They have identical design language to current Technic panels and wheel arches. Granted though, the rear panels are very strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bartybum said:

@Ngoc Nguyen My point still stands though, there's no way for us to know what Lego would do. Nobody would have expected so many licensed sets this year. Maybe these UCS cars are selling so well that they can afford to spend more on new moulds?

Even then the model should not have 42056's wheels. Those wheels are Porsche's IP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Even then the model should not have 42056's wheels. Those wheels are Porsche's IP.

That doesn't matter at all. Wheels are like the easiest thing to change in these models since they're all the same size anyway.

Edited by Bartybum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the real set looks like this, it's not that bad at all! Though in olive green it would look even better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

IP

In Chinese: What's that ?

It'll be very interesting once the first person gets both to compare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member