The red axle and pin connector in the 42137 is significantly darker than the other red parts, almost to the point that it is closer to the dark red color.

I think by now it's clear that correcting this issue is not a priority for the company. When I requested parts with the correct color for my Sian, they decided which parts to send me without seeing my build, and amazingly they were not the correct color. After that I resolved to simply include the incorrect colors as a badge of honor and a unique variation of this set.

The two parts that still seem to have issues are part 15100 and part 22961. I suspect this is because they are now made using a different kind of plastic. This is backed up by the fact that LEGO gave part 15100 a new part number. If anyone remembers, a few years ago part 15100 was extremely stiff. Pulling them out of a liftarm required serious strength, especially for a younger builder. So they changed the material to a softer plastic, similar to recent pin changes. While they were at it they seem to also have changed it for part 22961, although I don’t remember having issues with that part. It does seem that only red and lime suffered from this change in material, though I didn’t really order any in any other color since the swap. 

To answer the question: no, it hasn’t been solved. It has been massively improved since launch though. The first Sian I bought in June 2020 has panels and liftarms (the small panels, #21/#22) and 1x2 (xo) shaped liftarms which were really bad. I have seen people report issues with the bigger panels as well though. 

I did recently order a third Sian which I did not yet open. This one was produced in September 2021. I’ll see if that one is any better when I find a reason to open it.

Edited by LvdH

Modded The Sian into the Roadster version. Added a full interior to make it more realistic. loved the build itself and will probably keep tinkering with it 😄

IMG_1766

IMG_1770IMG_1773IMG_1774

8 hours ago, Marf said:

Modded The Sian into the Roadster version. Added a full interior to make it more realistic. loved the build itself and will probably keep tinkering with it 😄

Great stuff! Love the interior too -- something I never seem to get around to myself. :pir-blush:

Thanks but it’s far from done😁 I’m working on the diffusor and exhaust’s of the car now…

F4FCD33E-5DAE-46AF-8D82-8E0ADA27900E
2 hours ago, astyanax said:

Great stuff! Love the interior too -- something I never seem to get around to myself. :pir-blush:

Thanks! Really liked a lot of your work on the model and the instructions you did. Great inspiration to start modding the Sian! 

still tinkering on the interior, trying out several things, like sun-visors, steering wheel tilted up (and airbag), gas/break pedals, etc…

4A05FF7A-0C10-4082-A861-8F67C1360D2D

27 minutes ago, Marf said:

I’m working on the diffusor and exhaust’s of the car now…

Nice! But for the exhaust I think you should really use part 3299 85x85p.jpg?1626703321.742269 (or similar) on the sides, to get that hexagonal look. :pir-sweet:

29 minutes ago, Marf said:

Thanks! Really liked a lot of your work on the model and the instructions you did. Great inspiration to start modding the Sian!

Exactly what they were meant for -- more modding :pir-grin:

I laughed seeing the sun-visors... why not?! Never seen anyone include those before :thumbup:

6 hours ago, astyanax said:

Nice! But for the exhaust I think you should really use part 3299 85x85p.jpg?1626703321.742269 (or similar) on the sides, to get that hexagonal look. :pir-sweet:

Exactly what they were meant for -- more modding :pir-grin:

I laughed seeing the sun-visors... why not?! Never seen anyone include those before :thumbup:

Absolutely true, the hexagonal look makes it much more real, but I only have those parts in red unfortunately...
The sun visors in the real roadster Sian give the topview of the windscreen frame extra body and are a designfeature, so that's why I included them too 😂 

Im having probably really silly questions, I decided to buy it as my first 1:8 supercar. But I have problem, that no one asked before.

Can I use Star Wars buildable figures such as https://brickset.com/sets/75528-1/Rey as driver? They are still selling here,  nobody is buying them. And they are kind 1:8 in scale around 22 cm height.

I assume they can fit without legs.

I calculated that Scala figures are really small and Galidor is hard to find on par with scala figures.

Im hope that Im not alone in  this. Thanks for reply.

Hello, guys! Are you know is it possible download for free LXF or stud.io file for Lamborghini 42115?

On 4/15/2022 at 8:34 PM, Ondra said:

Im having probably really silly questions, I decided to buy it as my first 1:8 supercar. But I have problem, that no one asked before.

Can I use Star Wars buildable figures such as https://brickset.com/sets/75528-1/Rey as driver? They are still selling here,  nobody is buying them. And they are kind 1:8 in scale around 22 cm height.

I assume they can fit without legs.

I calculated that Scala figures are really small and Galidor is hard to find on par with scala figures.

Im hope that Im not alone in  this. Thanks for reply.

Tried it with the 75114: First Order Stormtrooper and can say: No. It's a to bulky and to stiff. Maybe the size equals a huge guy (with armor), this Cars are not a space wonder for wikings. Even without Legs, the Roofs are to low, there will be the porsche with the highest. Think the figures need to be 10 % smaller at least, so maybe a female Character may fit (without legs). But for Lambo I do not see this 

So one year later, I again ordered 6308234 und 6326619  (The connectors) and again after a week waiting: Failure. Maybe the part was never reworked or the support department have still the old one in stock. :pir-angry:

Maybe problem will never solved, I doubted that next year I try again.

Hi i am having a lot of trouble with my gearbox. When i change gear to (see image) i can hardly turn it there is so much friction. I dont know the amser and this is the second rebuild.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_220230102_072858.jpg

Edited by ThunderHawk