Has anyone had any luck with replacement parts? I think that even if Lego does provide them there are still chances they won't match what you already have.

Case in point, for me the biggest problem is with the 21 and 22 wings. While the 22s are mostly consistent, I can't say the same for the 21s.

The first 6 wings from the left column have a distinct shade compared to all others. If I were to ask for replacements (though I've had the set for several months now so I don't know whether I still qualify) they'd need to send over 6 fully matched pairs of 21s and 22s.

20210119_121658

Edited by XenoRad

I wrote e-mail last week about those color issues, as everything there is in 50 shades of green/lime. If I don't receive answer this week, will write in those replacement forms on lego.com.

I recently built my second Sian with the mods by @jb70 and @astyanax . Mine would be November/December batch I think, it didn’t come in the original brown LEGO box because I bought it from a reseller. The only issues that one had was the 15100/22961 (like always) and the lime #21 panels like @XenoRad mentioned. I just swapped those out from my other Sian which did have them in the correct color, and now it’s pretty much all in one color. Still room for improvement, but I can definitely live with this.

My Sian was boght in November, build it in December and now I am in contact with  lego support. It's very slow nowadays. On my first question with the known problem, I got a reply, that there is no repair kit, but lego will send me some connectors. instantly reply that it's not only the connectors, it's the panel and the lift arm to, later realize, that there are to connector types, so at the end wrote a second reply a moment later.

Yesterday news from lego. On the first mail I got a statement, that discolouring is a normal isue. All parts have it, and it will no change, to send me new items, because they have all the same shade. But my photos will be send to quality controll. Moments later I get a reply for the second mail: Oh sorry, I send you the parts free (and in the order section I can see it, I will get 10 liftarms, 1 panel 22, 1 panel 21, 1 conector with pin, so the amount isn't very usefull). Same day, I get the connector with cross axle in my mailbox: They are still the same as in the box, so needless.

I've got 3 colors of that small liftarm in the box, so the 10 liftarms maybe helpful. The rest is for colorchecking. If they are right, I need to order more, but I bet, they are not. Maybe Lego did not produced any new lime item, and they maybe use them untill they are empty?

New parts from Lego. Panel 21 is fixed (still 10 missing), Connector is still yellow. The small liftarms are fixed. Got 10, so I can change the greenish on the spoiler. The set has 45, but most of them are correct and not as visible. So okay. But for Panel 21 I mailed the support... again.

I got the Catamaran set and a couple of Mini Claas Xerions since they had some other parts that I needed and swapped out more lime wings and lift-arms. As such the new lime pieces I got from these smaller sets (smaller set = fewer lime pieces = all from the same factory?) were much more consistent in color and was able to swap out quite a few offenders from my Sian. It's still not perfect and as those small connectors will continue to always be yellowish-lime (see the recent Tulips set) it will never be, but I'm happier now.

I hope the best for you guys still working it out with support.

After some back and forth with support they've agreed to send me more of that one connector piece.  They actually admitted this set has an issue across several parts in my response but unfortunately won't send other parts as they said they can't guarantee it will fix anything.  They gave me $25 worth of rewards points as an apology.  While I would have preferred an attempt at new parts I guess them admitting the set is flawed is a step in the right direction.  I'll probably try for replacements again if they ever do resolve the issue.

Got the rest of the 21 Panels. They are fine. So still the connectors are trash. Try it next year or  so. Never got an offer for a discount, but I bought it at a thrid party shop not at lego directly. So okay.

On the topic of colour difference, i did some moc/modding last night and used some regular blue parts, there is significant hue difference in liftarms of that colour, and my sample size is tiny, given that i dont even know where i got any regular blue parts from :P

Any advice for a new guy?

I’m 50 years old, and last built and played with Lego when I was about 10. So getting back into Lego again after 40 years I ordered the Sian (on it’s way to me now). I love all the Supercars out of Italy, but especially a green Lambo! Nothing like dipping my toes in the water with a 3700 piece kit. *oh2*

Do you guys think any errors in the manuals may have been corrected by now (March 2021), how do I find all the potential mistakes? Any other advice or tips aside from reading the 92 pages here?  I’m all ears.

I assembled mine with no issues in the instructions, so either the manual has been fixed or the issues are minor enough where you won't have a problem as long as you pay attention.

2 hours ago, MickG said:

Any advice for a new guy?

I’m 50 years old, and last built and played with Lego when I was about 10. So getting back into Lego again after 40 years I ordered the Sian (on it’s way to me now). I love all the Supercars out of Italy, but especially a green Lambo! Nothing like dipping my toes in the water with a 3700 piece kit. *oh2*

Do you guys think any errors in the manuals may have been corrected by now (March 2021), how do I find all the potential mistakes? Any other advice or tips aside from reading the 92 pages here?  I’m all ears.

When building axles, make sure you put the differentials in correctly. Then check the correct orientation after you put them in. And check after checking. If you put them in wrong, the front and rear wheels will spin to opposite directions and you don't want to find out about it after you've finished the model, it's really hard to fix them afterwards. This is probably the most common mistake in vehicles with multiple driven axles.

Hey @MickG. I'm just a little older than you and the Sian was the first real set I've built in 20 years. Here are a few things I'd say. 1. Spend the time to organize your pieces from each box - it will save SO much time later. 2. Count out all of the pieces from the call-outs before beginning the step. When you are done you shouldn't have any extras and if you don't count them out you'll probably miss a connector and you won't know it for maybe another 100 or so steps. 3. As @howitzer said pay attention to orientation - you begin building that rear differential he's talking about in step 12, and there are still more than 1000 more steps to go. 3. Test everything as soon as you build it and when you get to the end of box 2 go ahead and put on the steering wheel and the hubs/tires then test drive it; if the steering doesn't work or the paddle shifters and transmission doesn't work this is a good time to know it.

Edited by codex99
clarity a sentance

On 3/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, Rmssch89 said:

I assembled mine with no issues in the instructions, so either the manual has been fixed or the issues are minor enough where you won't have a problem as long as you pay attention.

That’s good to know, with that I will follow the manual. Thanks

On 3/7/2021 at 1:04 PM, howitzer said:

When building axles, make sure you put the differentials in correctly. Then check the correct orientation after you put them in. And check after checking. If you put them in wrong, the front and rear wheels will spin to opposite directions and you don't want to find out about it after you've finished the model, it's really hard to fix them afterwards. This is probably the most common mistake in vehicles with multiple driven axles.

Excellent info I will be sure to check that out, it’s exactly the kind of info that will prevent me from finishing it and finding out there is a problem afterwards. Thank you.

12 hours ago, codex99 said:

Hey @MickG. I'm just a little older than you and the Sian was the first real set I've built in 20 years. Here are a few things I'd say. 1. Spend the time to organize your pieces from each box - it will save SO much time later. 2. Count out all of the pieces from the call-outs before beginning the step. When you are done you shouldn't have any extras and if you don't count them out you'll probably miss a connector and you won't know it for maybe another 100 or so steps. 3. As @howitzer said pay attention to orientation - you begin building that rear differential he's talking about in step 12, and there are still more than 1000 more steps to go. 3. Test everything as soon as you build it and when you get to the end of box 2 go ahead and put on the steering wheel and the hubs/tires then test drive it; if the steering doesn't work or the paddle shifters and transmission doesn't work this is a good time to know it.

Again excellent info. I am in no rush, and typically approach things in a methodical/analytical way (thus my post in the forum here). I will have no problem taking your advice for every step of the way. Without sounding to corny, this approach will also let me soak in the whole experience of it which you don’t get when you slap things together per se’.Thank you. 

Well my Lambo arrived and I’m sure glad I ordered it right from Lego Canada as buying it from a store locally is not an option for me. Two thumbs up for Lego’s packaging and shipping. As many know the box is pretty much a show piece itself, and although I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it after, my plan is to keep the box so I was hoping it would arrive with the box showing no damage. 

So Lego packaged the Lambo box in another brown box with cardboard padding, then that box was placed in another brown box with the pillow bubble protection all around it. Living in the middle of nowhere I know that items shipped to me are going through many steps along the way and there is a lot of opportunity for mistreatment per se’. Sure enough when the Fedex guy dropped it off, all for corners were crumpled up and punched in so it was obvious this thing was tossed around. I’m happy to say though with the way they did it the Lambo box is in mint condition. 

The other thing I was happy about was the tape used to hold the Lambo box closed was of good quality. And by that I mean I was able to peel the tape off easily and no residue on the box, so you would never know it was taped. I know this might seem trivial to some, but all this speaks to the overall quality here. 

Has anybody done something interesting with your box when you were done with assembling the car?

4 hours ago, MickG said:

I know this might seem trivial to some, but all this speaks to the overall quality here. 

I've returned many a thing just because the box didn't look mint and it just saddens me that people seem uncapable of treating things that are not theirs with respect. If something is shipped to me and not packed right or har faulty packaging from the beginning, I will not pay for it. I treat a lot of the things I buy like display pieces. I do not buy a lot of stuff, but the things I do buy I value the condition of since I know I will take good care of the things I own myself.

14 hours ago, MickG said:

Well my Lambo arrived and I’m sure glad I ordered it right from Lego Canada as buying it from a store locally is not an option for me. Two thumbs up for Lego’s packaging and shipping. As many know the box is pretty much a show piece itself, and although I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it after, my plan is to keep the box so I was hoping it would arrive with the box showing no damage. 

So Lego packaged the Lambo box in another brown box with cardboard padding, then that box was placed in another brown box with the pillow bubble protection all around it. Living in the middle of nowhere I know that items shipped to me are going through many steps along the way and there is a lot of opportunity for mistreatment per se’. Sure enough when the Fedex guy dropped it off, all for corners were crumpled up and punched in so it was obvious this thing was tossed around. I’m happy to say though with the way they did it the Lambo box is in mint condition. 

The other thing I was happy about was the tape used to hold the Lambo box closed was of good quality. And by that I mean I was able to peel the tape off easily and no residue on the box, so you would never know it was taped. I know this might seem trivial to some, but all this speaks to the overall quality here. 

Has anybody done something interesting with your box when you were done with assembling the car?

Completely agreed. The box itself is a beauty. A piece of art. After done with building the Sian, I have kept the box on the top of my shelf

8 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Completely agreed. The box itself is a beauty. A piece of art. After done with building the Sian, I have kept the box on the top of my shelf

After looking some things over here, I may use the box to store spare parts for my electric R/C Airplanes. I currently use a box a little smaller than the Lambo for this and it’s right full, so this will give me a little more room, and look great on the shelf in my workshop. I’ll place it with the tail lights facing out.

I've completed building the Sian, and have a problem that I so far have not seen discussed anywhere. I expect it is the result of human error, but have very limited reference material to address it. It has to do with the mechanisms for operating the scissor doors. First of all, the doors just don't seem to fit on the car very well, and perhaps by design do not easily lock into a fixed position (requires some micro adjustment every time). Second, while the driver side lever needs to be pushed down for the door to swing up, the passenger side lever seems to be in the opposite orientation – when the lever is up, the door is swung open. While I assume I simply made a mistake somewhere, after inspecting the mechanism, I can't really see how I did, because it would have required me to put several parts together in exactly reverse order. Does everyone else have scissor doors where both levers need to be pushed down in the same direction for them to open?

Separately, I definitely feel that LEGO has underestimated the severity of the color mismatches among various types of pieces – and it is apparent in the front of the car, on the rear spoiler, and along the top sides. When I submitted an email requesting support, I received this response: "We’re very sorry you’re unhappy with the color of some of the elements in your LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 set. We use a number of different materials in LEGO elements to provide the best play experiences to those of all ages. Due to differences in the way some pieces are made, it’s possible for  variations in color to occur. However, we’ve reviewed all the elements included in the set and have found that one of the elements, an axle connector (6308234), doesn't meet our color quality standards. We're committed to making products that meet the highest quality standards, so we're sorry for letting you down. Amit, I am sending out part 6308234 to you." Obviously that is not the only part where the color mismatch exists, but at this point I am prepared to accept the variations as part of the set's character.

22 minutes ago, AmitDC said:

Obviously that is not the only part where the color mismatch exists, but at this point I am prepared to accept the variations as part of the set's character.

Hi Amit, welcome to Eurobricks!

I can't help you with the door issues. But i would like to comment on the color issue. I'm collection Lego Technic for over two decades now. I have seen color variations for all sorts of colors: black, yellow, green etc. But it was never within one set. It's gotten worse the last two (three?) years. Don't except that. Premium prices deserve premium quality.

@AmitDC welcome to Eurobricks.

I can confirm that both levers should be pushed down to raise the doors up. Sounds like you have a crank piece reversed, the piece that converts up/down motion to forwards/backwards motion in the middle of the linkage but can't know for sure without seeing it.

And yes many of us are very disappointed with the many colour issues, not just with that one piece. 

8 hours ago, Andman said:

I have seen color variations for all sorts of colors: black, yellow, green etc. But it was never within one set. It's gotten worse the last two (three?) years. Don't except that. Premium prices deserve premium quality.

Ive seen colour variations in other sets then the Sian, the speed champions porsches, the Ducati bike, this years' Ferrari 488GTE, Dom's Charger. I'd have to check older sets, but some of those have been rebuilt-modified to the point where the original set of parts might not be there anymore. The Creator Fiat 500 is also notorious for colour problems.

Couple of updates: first, thanks to @allanp for clarifying that both door levers should operate in the same direction – it sounds obvious, but I have been surprised at how little the written documentation discusses the operation of the vehicle. It was actually quite satisfying to disassemble the car piece by piece until I was able to identify the error, fix it, and put it back together again. Felt a bit like surgery! Second, I did get the replacement parts from LEGO – and mind-bogglingly, they were exactly the same color as the ones they were intended to replace, so no idea what LEGO's intent was.

In the back of the second manual it ask you to go to lego.com/technic and enter your serial number for unique content. What is the content? When I enter that address it just takes me to a page with a Technic sales page, and I don’t see anywhere to enter a serial number or enter an “owners area”?