This maybe an alternative Lamborghini build, the 2021 Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 track only hypercar.

The Essenza SCV12 raises above the Sian FKP 37, which features a 774-horsepower V-12. What’s more at 830 horsepower, the Essenza SCV12 packs more punch than the combined hybrid drivetrain of the Sian, rated at horses, making it the most powerful Lamborghini in production right now.

2021-lamborghini-essenza.jpg

lamborghini-essenza-scv12-pictures.jpg

Edited by LegoHoops

I think a good MOC idea that I've wanted as a Lego set for a long time would be an Aventador LP700. I was thinking that you could recycle the chassis, interior, engine, door mechanism and gearbox as its the same in the Aventador as the Sian. All you would have to do is change the body up a bit and modify the wing mechanism to cater for a different angle and I think it would be pretty cool. I'm eagerly waiting to see Sariel's finished Aventador because its got a lot of motorised functions. I would start designing my own but I don't have the time, money for a new Sian(Its actually been OOS in Aus for over 2 months now) or parts to design one. If there is an Ldraw file for the Sian I could potentially do some designing in Stud.io.

2012-lamborghini-aventador-LP-700-4-promo.jpg

10 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Please continue MOC/Modification related talks here: :classic:

Will do

So I entered my special serial number but all I got was the wallpapers and posters. Did anyone else have this problem?

1 hour ago, Jotham said:

So I entered my special serial number but all I got was the wallpapers and posters. Did anyone else have this problem?

Yes. I did. I asked LEGO and they told me that they had problems with the “Certificate” link. 
So there should be a certificate coming up as well. They might turn it on later again ?...

On 8/28/2020 at 8:48 PM, Wimmer said:

Yes. I did. I asked LEGO and they told me that they had problems with the “Certificate” link. 
So there should be a certificate coming up as well. They might turn it on later again ?...

Thanks for replying. I just contacted LEGO yesterday, but I probably wont get a reply so soon. Have you received your copy of the certificate since? I was really looking forward to framing the certificate up, just like I did for the porsche and bugatti.. ):

5 hours ago, Jotham said:

Thanks for replying. I just contacted LEGO yesterday, but I probably wont get a reply so soon. Have you received your copy of the certificate since? I was really looking forward to framing the certificate up, just like I did for the porsche and bugatti.. ):

Exactly what I did. Yes, I got my certificate. It’s going to be a pain in the megablocks; but they told me to keep checking in every day, because the link stays valid, even after you filled in your name and serial number. 
After about a week I got lucky and it popped up. And printed it right away. 

I know that other people had problems as well; and if you look back through this thread (I don’t know how many pages) you’ll find a shortcut provided to get the page as well. You could give that a try as well ?

Good luck; I found this very frustrating as well, after waiting for my copy for almost two months. I wanted that certificate on the wall with the other two as well. 

:wub:

On 8/28/2020 at 4:26 AM, Jockos said:

I wouldn't call it a "problem", but that's all you get

No, it’s not. There should be a certificate as well. 

Edited by Wimmer

7 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Exactly what I did. Yes, I got my certificate. It’s going to be a pain in the megablocks; but they told me to keep checking in every day, because the link stays valid, even after you filled in your name and serial number. 

I know that other people had problems as well; and if you look back through this thread (I don’t know how many pages) you’ll find a shortcut provided to get the page as well. You could give that a try as well ?

Good luck; I found this very frustrating as well, after waiting for my copy for almost two months. I wanted that certificate on the wall with the other two as well. 

Right, I will do just that. Thanks for your help!

On 8/30/2020 at 5:05 AM, Wimmer said:

No, it’s not. There should be a certificate as well. 

The certificate finally appeared! Apparently, the downloaded certificate actually included the name and serial number, which is great. I thought they would be blank, as described by owners who had downloaded the certificate in this forum and others. 

Now looking at the reviews for the Sian, people really don't like it because of that color issue. To me, it feels like the set was kinda rushed even though it took them 2 years to make it. The instructions are kinda crappy and the release was dodgy as well. I think it comes down to COVID mostly but I cant help but think that they should have picked a car that wasn't being designed AS they were designing their version. This might be just my bias because I would have much rathered an Aventador but I'm sure you can agree that the Sian wasn't the best choice in a production side of things. I really hope Lego learns their lesson as they should have for the last 2 cars which both had production/release issues as well.

In the lead-up to the Sian's release, I told myself that if the new Technic supercar had a better gearbox than the last two and had properly adjusted suspension, I'd go ahead and get it as a holiday gift to myself.  Well, the Sian's gearbox is better (you can actually see it!), and the suspension is better, and the doors are better (it has fun remotely operated scissor doors instead of boring normal doors without mechanisms).  But there are a number of little things that still bug me, and then there's the huge problems with color consistency.  I think that instead of buying the Sian this December, I'll wait until summer 2022.  If there's another supercar at that time and it's better, I'll buy that one instead.  If there isn't another one in the series by that time and this one is going EOL, I'll pick it up then.  It's a set that's going to be sold for at least two years, so I can afford to wait.

2 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Are these two 1x2 liftarm pieces from 42115 extras?:hmpf_bad:
It's such a complex model. If not, then where would they go?

Those shouldn't be extra. You can flip through the instructions to find all places where they should've been used. But if model works and looks fine, why bother? :sweet: There's probably some redundancy in the construction, so it's conceivable that you can do without those pieces.

3 hours ago, astyanax said:

Those shouldn't be extra. You can flip through the instructions to find all places where they should've been used. But if model works and looks fine, why bother? :sweet: There's probably some redundancy in the construction, so it's conceivable that you can do without those pieces.

Brickset states there's 73x of those.
https://brickset.com/sets/42115-1/Lamborghini-Sián-FKP-37

SY 8600 Lamborghini Sian - LEPIN™ WORLD

Looks like lepin has already went trough and made their own version? Has somebody made this moc or did they actually make this themselves? 

4 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Looks like lepin has already went trough and made their own version? Has somebody made this moc or did they actually make this themselves? 

That's SY Brick, not the L-word. In any case, considering many clone companies have made their own Sian, I wouldn't be surprised if this one is also an original

That one is clearly in a smaller scale than the LEGO version, so not a copy of it. I'm not up-to-date on what LEGO MOCers do, however, so I don't know if that's a stolen MOC or an original design.

Let's end the non-LEGO discussion. Thanks.