I have picked up my Lamborghini today. The label on the outer box shows a production date from 10th of June 2020. I am really curios if they  shows different green colourshines.

@Jim and maybe someone who knows - is there a way that you, or any other CC could get an official statement on the instruction errors (will they print a new ones without them in the future batches?), colour differences and any other issues like with the new tan gears? I remember that when I’ve got mustang (creators), I’ve found an article about printed parts replacement on one website, but nothing on official Lego site.

If I am not mistaken, the Pdf has already been corrected.

I don’t think TLG will react on the color difference issue.

what’s wrong the gear? I haven’t read the entire discussion.

9 hours ago, Jim said:

If I am not mistaken, the Pdf has already been corrected.

I don’t think TLG will react on the color difference issue.

what’s wrong the gear? I haven’t read the entire discussion.

Some people have complained that the newer tan gears are slightly too large, producing much more friction than they should. This is probably issue related to specific factory/batch, because other recent tan gears work as they should.

11 hours ago, Navity said:

has any1 tried to use the Sian to build a gbc module?

Don't think you'll really start seeing any MOCs outta 42115 for awhile. Lego kinda dropped the ball on supply. 

I got my order in on the 31st, probably one of the first people in the States to get it through (had to stay up late keeping an eye on local protests and riots, which largely meant hitting F5 until on my PC until it was available for purchase). 

Was on backorder before the 31st ended. 

Some parts of Europe had better luck, some had worse luck. 

5 hours ago, RocketPuppy said:

Don't think you'll really start seeing any MOCs outta 42115 for awhile. Lego kinda dropped the ball on supply. 

I got my order in on the 31st, probably one of the first people in the States to get it through (had to stay up late keeping an eye on local protests and riots, which largely meant hitting F5 until on my PC until it was available for purchase). 

Was on backorder before the 31st ended. 

Some parts of Europe had better luck, some had worse luck. 

Same. My order date states 31st of May as well.  Guess what ?... Never had a chance...  It’s like Porsche “deja vu” all over again; and this time the LEGO stores are not going to be a back up for that either; they got nothing as well. 

A very messed up release it was, alright !!!

:wall:

On 6/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, dromeracer said:

I have picked up my Lamborghini today. The label on the outer box shows a production date from 10th of June 2020. I am really curios if they  shows different green colourshines.

How can you tell by the label ?  Can you explain please how that works ?

Thanks !... :sweet:

For those not familiar with the mods and improvements thread, here are 2 renders showing how @jb70 and I could simplify the stock drivetrain while adding a 8->1 gear block and a center differential which is used for both Drive and Reverse. If you run into problems with the stock drivetrain, now you know it can be fixed (and it could have been right in the first place).

992x558.png

992x558.png

Edited by Didumos69

So, I’m getting my Lamborghini delivered today. But with all the negative feedback, about all the colors, the missing (!) pieces everywhere and the book falling apart;... I’m tempted to put mine on Bricklink for $415.00 for the USA.  
There are none for the US for sale, and I’m tempted to wait for later sets now, so they can rectify their problems ?... 

What do you guys think of that idea ?...

35 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

So, I’m getting my Lamborghini delivered today. But with all the negative feedback, about all the colors, the missing (!) pieces everywhere and the book falling apart;... I’m tempted to put mine on Bricklink for $415.00 for the USA.  
There are none for the US for sale, and I’m tempted to wait for later sets now, so they can rectify their problems ?... 

I wouldn't be surprised if slightly mis-matched colors is the new normal.  Or at least for a few years while Lego adjusts to its growth. 

On 6/28/2020 at 1:09 AM, Wimmer said:

The missing parts is a joke, its just because people forget parts in the bag or something like that, the manual braking is peoples rough behaviour and the colour issue isnt really an issue when u see it in real life. Trust me, you are gonna want to build it. I actually had a lot of fun and I recommend it to anyone who likes Lego or cars.

1 hour ago, OnyyX said:

The missing parts is a joke, its just because people forget parts in the bag or something like that, the manual braking is peoples rough behaviour and the colour issue isnt really an issue when u see it in real life. Trust me, you are gonna want to build it. I actually had a lot of fun and I recommend it to anyone who likes Lego or cars.

You’re right. I kept the set myself. I only have box five and six left. So just the nose  and doors and wheels. 
I’m liking it a lot and the color of the pieces is not too bad. It looked my set got checked before being packed. It has white stickers with adjusted set information in the outside of the box; and it came with a small pink colored sticker/tag On it as well; like someone did a quality check on it ?

I do notice that LEGO has been a little Scrooge about the extra pieces in this set.  No extra pin connectors or a lot of extra small pieces at all !...

Overall pretty happy so far and an interesting build. I as impressed with the packaging too.  A big sturdy box with cardboard padding on both short ends...

:classic:

One question for anyone who already has the set:  I noticed that the tile code doesn’t give you a certificate this time; like the Porsche and Bugatti did, is that correct ?

I’m slightly disappointed by that because I like have those hanging framed on the wall... :cry2:

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

One question for anyone who already has the set:  I noticed that the tile code doesn’t give you a certificate this time; like the Porsche and Bugatti did, is that correct ?

I’m slightly disappointed by that because I like have those hanging framed on the wall... :cry2:

It does give you a certificate if you mean the "Certificate of Ownership" with the two blank lines to put your name and serial number.

PM me if you'd like to have it sent to you.

6 hours ago, scooper22 said:

It does give you a certificate if you mean the "Certificate of Ownership" with the two blank lines to put your name and serial number.

PM me if you'd like to have it sent to you.

PM sent.  I can’t wait. 

Edited by Wimmer

On 6/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, RocketPuppy said:

Don't think you'll really start seeing any MOCs outta 42115 for awhile. 

I saw a b model Enzo on Flickr the other day by that dude that has built tonnes of really good b models from the 911 gt3.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3xYQQ34r1PwjLosUA

i feel like there’s one of these trapped in that lambo. 

1 hour ago, MinusAndy said:

I saw a b model Enzo on Flickr the other day by that dude that has built tonnes of really good b models from the 911 gt3.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3xYQQ34r1PwjLosUA

i feel like there’s one of these trapped in that lambo.

Ha! Today in town I saw a lime green Fiat 500 Abarth looking very mean, and had the exact same thought... :laugh_hard:

I purchased it yesterday. After reading here that instruction book with at least 2 errors and lime parts with different shades, returned it today. Didn’t even bother checking parts because according the packaging it was may 2020 batch (so very early batch). Also didn’t want that suspicion of poor pieces following me for a set i intend to use for display. I encourage everyone who experience these issues to write to TLG so that they fix it right away. Poor launch for a lovely set.

After this, I also realized, not being aware having it displayed for months, some of dark azure parts of my Bugatti are matt compared to other dark azure pieces. I wrote a ticket to and am awaiting a reply from TLG.

Regards.

Edited by Classicman

I've just finished my scan and have a problem

When I turn both front wheels the rears spin in the opposite direction so when I try to move forwards or backwards it is locked solid

But if I lift the front wheel off the ground everything is fine and visa-versa with the rears.

Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this.

Edited by Bolt1970

2 hours ago, Bolt1970 said:

I've just finished my scan and have a problem

When I turn both front wheels the rears spin in the opposite direction so when I try to move forwards or backwards it is locked solid

But if I lift the front wheel off the ground everything is fine and visa-versa with the rears.

Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this.

Sounds like you put in a differential the wrong way around to me. Check the differential orientations front and back :wink:

I'll give it a go which one should I try first would you say?  as both look like a major strip down which I wouldn't look forward to. 

Cheers

Edited by Bolt1970

8 minutes ago, Bolt1970 said:

I'll give it a go which one should I try first would you say?  as both look like a major strip down which I wouldn't look forward to. 

Cheers

Doesn't really matter, as long as one of the two gets flipped around. Pick 'the easiest one'. Be sure to thoroughly compare the diffs orientations with the instructions first though. If they are both correct according to the book, your issue might be something else and work would be for nothing...