9 minutes ago, Anio said:

If you want a real review of the Lamborghini Sian :

doppelgangbanger.gif

I am sorry, but could you explain to me what makes it a "real" review?

Ah so pissed mine didnt come before the weekend. I have exams next week so i cant really enjoy it till the weekend IF it comes. Damn Covid. Screws everything up ey. 

8 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

Ah so pissed mine didnt come before the weekend. I have exams next week so i cant really enjoy it till the weekend IF it comes. Damn Covid. Screws everything up ey. 

Please, let's not go down the COVID road....again.

Hello guys !

Is it possible for somebody who bought the set to describe bonus (or post screens) we can get with serial number on lego.com ?

1 hour ago, scooper22 said:

I'm curious about that too. Are all other reviews virtual?

Right, i changed the tan gears to old ones and now everything is smooooth :D

You know those 4l white bars in the front suspension? There is a lot of stress on them and i don't think they will last long?

1 hour ago, scooper22 said:

It is a review in which, for example, the reader knows if the car has 7 or 8 gears when he is done reading it. newbie_master.gif

3 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Right, i changed the tan gears to old ones and now everything is smooooth :D

Glad that worked out for you:thumbup: But it is a bit worrying that TLG hasn't been able to sort out this issue that is already known for few years... :sceptic:

7 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

You know those 4l white bars in the front suspension? There is a lot of stress on them and i don't think they will last long?

Dunno about the white bars, I've seen them in reviews but do not know their purpose. I guess limiters for suspension travel...? That would mean it will get stressed yes... 

17 minutes ago, Anio said:

It is a review in which, for example, the reader knows if the car has 7 or 8 gears when he is done reading it. newbie_master.gif

Oh, great. Because from what I have seen it has around 60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3dbK5V8Zo&t=155

9 hours ago, Anio said:

Those are some nice pictures.
Could you use a couple of official pictures to make a Bright Light Orange version ?

I think that could be nice looking.

Thanks! Here you go ;)

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

4 minutes ago, FX6000 said:

Thanks! Here you go ;)

Yes, those pictures are amazing!
Even gray and olive work really well on them.
LEGO really should have printed those tires.

May I ask if the scenery is photoshopped? It does not look like it because of the reflection on the table and the blur of the box matching its surrounding's blur. Or it is a render?

Edited by scooper22

12 minutes ago, FX6000 said:

Thanks! Here you go ;)

Very nice. Thanks ! :)

7 minutes ago, scooper22 said:

Yes, those pictures are amazing!
Even gray and olive work really well on them.
LEGO really should have printed those tires.

May I ask if the scenery is photoshopped? It does not look like it because of the reflection on the table and the blur of the box matching its surrounding's blur. Or it is a render?

Thank you! Yes, they should:) It's all photoshop magic:)

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

Glad that worked out for you:thumbup: But it is a bit worrying that TLG hasn't been able to sort out this issue that is already known for few years... :sceptic:

Please everyone let us know if they have the same problem! This literally grinds my gears :D

Maybe this is not the right thread, but does this issue with 20z gears somehow specifically surface in large gearboxes?

Reason: I have a ton of those new-style gears but never noticed problems; however, they're all from large non-supercar sets like Bucket Wheel Excavator and Rough Terrain Crane, which were running smoothly on my end.

2 hours ago, Anio said:

It has 9 or 17 gears depending on how you look at it, 16 forward gears which are paired giving 8 different speeds plus reverse. So much for improving mechanical authenticity and building for real and bringing something new! :wall: 

Edited by allanp

47 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Maybe this is not the right thread, but does this issue with 20z gears somehow specifically surface in large gearboxes?

Reason: I have a ton of those new-style gears but never noticed problems; however, they're all from large non-supercar sets like Bucket Wheel Excavator and Rough Terrain Crane, which were running smoothly on my end.

I only had 'em in 42075 (first responder) were 1 single gearmesh (12t-20t) screwed the entire driveline. In a large gearbox as this one in the Sian it would be more apparent though. I have RTC as well without problems. I think it is not so much the set/build but the factory or production line that is the issue. But you're right, we have a separate thread for this, let's continue over there...

41 minutes ago, allanp said:

16 forward gears which are paired giving 8 different speeds plus reverse.

Chiron 42083 was no different.
I think it is a very clever trick from a design perspective.

If you are looking for an exact/accurate replica of the real gearbox of the real car, then Lego is not the right place to look for. And it has never been for any vehicle.

Not to mention that Sian gearbox works so nicely. With all gears you can see, you can hear. You can even feel how the transmission reacts when you push the car by hand.
Considering it as a Lego model, it is a trully a piece of art regarding engineering.

Not to mention all the other features of the car. They are very well designed too.

The last time I got so impressed with a Technic Supercar was with Nathanel Kuipers' Predator.

21 minutes ago, Anio said:

Chiron 42083 was no different.
I think it is a very clever trick from a design perspective.

If you are looking for an exact/accurate replica of the real gearbox of the real car, then Lego is not the right place to look for. And it has never been for any vehicle.

Not to mention that Sian gearbox works so nicely. With all gears you can see, you can hear. You can even feel how the transmission reacts when you push the car by hand.
Considering it as a Lego model, it is a trully a piece of art regarding engineering.

Not to mention all the other features of the car. They are very well designed too.

The last time I got so impressed with a Technic Supercar was with Nathanel Kuipers' Predator.

I think an exact accurate replica is an over-exaggeration of what I was hoping for. If the gearbox was an exact accurate replica it would have 7 forward speeds and reverse in the same gearbox, be made of high grade  metal alloy, with a two piece cast and machined metal outer casing and contain a bunch of actuators to move the selector arms and bearings and oil and the whole thing would be smaller than the engine. Of course I don't ever expect that to happen. What I do want to see is a small step towards mechanical authenticity with each iteration, with some new parts to accomplish that. Now I do accept that the suspension is much better, and the outer shell is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen made from Lego, and even the colour is a great choice. But that gearbox, the whole driveline (which is the main feature of a car) offers nothing new to me as someone who already owns the Chiron. You say it's no different to the Chiron, but to me that's the problem. I'm glad you like it and I hope many people buy it and get lots of enjoyment from it, but it's not for me.

Edited by allanp

15 minutes ago, allanp said:

You say it's no different to the Chiron, but to me that's the problem. I'm glad you like it and I hope many people buy it and get lots of enjoyment from it, but it's not for me

"most important is to be excellent to each other and party on dudes!!!!!!

Just gotta say: you put your money where your mouth is! Great to see polite discussions and difference of opinions are still possible!:thumbup:

26 minutes ago, allanp said:

But that gearbox, the whole driveline (which is the main feature of a car) offers nothing new to me as someone who already owns the Chiron.

And yet, it works so, so much better...

It is the same. But it is not.

"most important is to be excellent to each other and party on dudes!!!!!!

Just gotta say: you put your money where your mouth is! Great to see polite discussions and difference of opinions are still possible!:thumbup:

:classic: :thumbup:

2 hours ago, BrickJohn said:

Anyone else missing a bag from box 1? 

Looks like the few folks who already got the set don't share this problem. Few things that you might want to try:

1. Contact LEGO customer support. The anecdotal evidence is they tend to be very helpful with issues like that.

2. Get the black pins from box 2 and repeat the process when you run out: if the missing pieces are in another box, you'll find them eventually.

3. Interview your family, friends and pets on their whereabouts during the time you opened the box 1 :D

2 hours ago, konryd said:

Looks like the few folks who already got the set don't share this problem. Few things that you might want to try:

1. Contact LEGO customer support. The anecdotal evidence is they tend to be very helpful with issues like that.

2. Get the black pins from box 2 and repeat the process when you run out: if the missing pieces are in another box, you'll find them eventually.

3. Interview your family, friends and pets on their whereabouts during the time you opened the box 1 :D

I already saw similar issues on other forums, but LEGO shipped replacements. I'm sure I won't miss a bag with these many pieces, it wasn't just the black connectors. 

Edited by BrickJohn