11 hours ago, Wimmer said:

@MarkyMark42:... Wow... that shows I’m wrong more often than I think. That makes me sad ? 

I was actually thinking more on the logistical side of things when I made my initial comment, then I saw that too 

1 hour ago, agrof said:

Actually, it is true, just look at the key words in the sentence. He did not state, that you can rebuild in any color you WANT, but what you HAVE at home, and not the WHOLE model, but ANY PART of the car. :tongue: And here you go (which I find awesome btw):

<Psychedelic Porsche>

I love it too... on the Porsche. But would such a psychedelic scheme work on a Lambo too? I find it hard to imagine! *huh*

Just to clarify: there was no intention to put the focus on the text on the rainbow Porsche picture, simply this was the first, which came across on google.

BTW, William built the Chiron in rainbow too, so I expect the Sián will follow once too.

And to clarify my statement about finding it "hard to imagine" a psychedelic Lambo: I meant to say I lack imaginative capabilities, not that it wouldn't look awesome!

@agrof You should be careful though... Before you know it you'll get accused of plunging this thread into another discussion on color vomit!

Edited by astyanax

2 hours ago, astyanax said:

Before you know it you'll get accused of plunging this thread into another discussion on color vomit!

Before that happens, let's plunge it back into the right discussion :laugh:

I have just finished build box one, and one of the gears feels clunky. I think its 1st gear. I made sure every gear and axle had some play, but some things turn not smooth. I don't hear cracking, but idk...

I don't have the model, so I can't check if it actually is a part of the drivetrain, but if so maybe you have one of those faulty tan 20t double bevel gears. Those are known to create immense levels of friction in a geartrain... 

Could also be that it is difficult to turn the drivetrain by hand, dunno if you already took the wheels out of the box but you might want to give it another try with wheels on...

2 hours ago, Coolusername said:

Same with wheels on! Was there a problem with those tan gears?

I think the newer version on the right is said to be very slightly thicker than the older version on the left, potentially causing more friction.

300x200.jpg

But maybe someone wants to correct me...

I did have many problems with friction and that kind of gear in the past. I avoid using it anytime I can. It's just too thick.

But I used to have this problem as early as with the orange arctic truck, I am not sure when the bad one was introduced.

30 minutes ago, Mestari said:

I did have many problems with friction and that kind of gear in the past. I avoid using it anytime I can. It's just too thick.

But I used to have this problem as early as with the orange arctic truck, I am not sure when the bad one was introduced.

I just go safe and use old used lg/lbg 20T gears. They run way smoother than any of the tan gears I have. And they look better too :wink:

So iam not the only one with a clunky gearbox? I noticed it first when attaching the rear axle to the gearbox, before that it worked better...

On 6/4/2020 at 3:05 AM, FX6000 said:

It would be cool if LEGO decided to produce "color change kits" for their Ultimate series 

Here you can see a lot of color variations: https://bricksafe.com/pages/NikolayFX/lamborghini-sian-fkp-37-color-variations

Those are some nice pictures.
Could you use a couple of official pictures to make a Bright Light Orange version ?

I think that could be nice looking.

10 hours ago, astyanax said:

I think the newer version on the right is said to be very slightly thicker than the older version on the left, potentially causing more friction.

300x200.jpg

But maybe someone wants to correct me...

Nah. I think you are right. Someone in the 42110 thread confirmed. He used the older ones prolly from his arocs into his Landy and achieved better results in terms of reducing the frictions. The newer ones are thicker (less tapered)

it is a shame. It was discovered several months ago. I think it is time Lego seriously fixed this/reverted it back to the old superstars. Or maybe this is how Lego cough cough enhanced the Roaring part of the Lambo from their super cool (where almost everyone believed light will glow in the darkest times ?) commercials. Just for a joke. Sorry if anyone is brokenhearted by this.

8 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I just go safe and use old used lg/lbg 20T gears. They run way smoother than any of the tan gears I have. And they look better too :wink:

Edited by thekoRngear

Well, that's Box 1 done.  That was a lot of work.  The best I can do until the real thing comes off backorder.

800x450.jpg

Either DPD is not updating statuses or smthing is wrong:

03.06.2020 19:01 DPD data centre
Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

Its been 5 days since ordering of Lambo....

1 minute ago, Valkyx said:

Either DPD is not updating statuses or smthing is wrong:

03.06.2020 19:01 DPD data centre
Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

Its been 5 days since ordering of Lambo....

Please don't turn this into an order and shipment confirmation topic. We ended that phase :wink: 

1 hour ago, Blakbird said:

Well, that's Box 1 done.  That was a lot of work.  The best I can do until the real thing comes off backorder.

Sweet!

2 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

Im just curious if ppl have the same issue.

I'm sure you are curious, but we still don't want this topic to be cluttered with ordering and shipment issues.

Just be patient. You will most likely receive it shortly.

Can someone tell me how many bags with the number 1 are there? In box 1 I don't have any small black connectors, so I'm already stuck after a couple of pages. 

14 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

True, I prefer grey ones too, but for those supply is limited...