Jesus those are incredible :wub_drool: Such a shame that TLC didn’t do printed tyres

Edited by Bartybum

2 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I could be way off but I'd imagine the current situation in the US can't be helping US customers. 

Not to make light of the situation but from what we see on the news there's no stores left to put them in. But seriously would there be any deliveries to areas most affected by looters? 

I think you’re at “least” Slightly off;... yes, there are problems in the cities; and rightfully so because of what happened. 
But most LEGO stores are probably unharmed in any way; and not the target for looters I think.
And I’m almost 100% sure that that is not a factor for LEGO to not ship to the US, or to keep sets behind. 

In that way I’m with @Appie; in that factory shutdowns (And COVID) make sets just plain unavailable right now. 

35 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I think you’re at “least” Slightly off;... yes, there are problems in the cities; and rightfully so because of what happened. 
But most LEGO stores are probably unharmed in any way; and not the target for looters I think.
And I’m almost 100% sure that that is not a factor for LEGO to not ship to the US, or to keep sets behind. 

In that way I’m with @Appie; in that factory shutdowns (And COVID) make sets just plain unavailable right now. 

zuk1hpds8s251.jpg

Literally today. The NYC Lego store was looted. Logistics are affected heavily in a situation like this, riots and protests aside. The safety measures to keep COVID down is the biggest impact. I'm surprised they're able to get sets out in the first place world wide. 

1 hour ago, FX6000 said:

It would be cool if LEGO decided to produce "color change kits" for their Ultimate series 

Here you can see a lot of color variations: https://bricksafe.com/pages/NikolayFX/lamborghini-sian-fkp-37-color-variations 

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

Tires are amazing with the “P zero” print on it. 
And the orange color looks amazing !!!  :drool:

11 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

zuk1hpds8s251.jpg

Literally today. The NYC Lego store was looted. Logistics are affected heavily in a situation like this, riots and protests aside. The safety measures to keep COVID down is the biggest impact. I'm surprised they're able to get sets out in the first place world wide. 

@MarkyMark42:... Wow... that shows I’m wrong more often than I think. That makes me sad ? 

Edited by Wimmer

Strange, that a new technic set doesn't use the new differential from the top gear car. I guess the old differential is cheaper?  :sceptic:

2 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Wow... that shows I’m wrong more often than I think. That makes me sad ?

Really sad systemic problems going on in the US at the moment :sad: In any case, it's just some plastic and can be replaced

1 hour ago, Ajpuff5 said:

Strange, that a new technic set doesn't use the new differential from the top gear car. I guess the old differential is cheaper?  :sceptic:

There's been some discussion about this a few pages back (can't remember how many exactly). Because of the thicker gear on the new differential, the drive shaft gear would need to be smaller. This would make the engine and gearbox have to spin even faster, so there'd be much more rolling friction. There's no real reason to include the new diff

4 hours ago, FX6000 said:

1920x1080.jpg

Seriously though, holy hell this would've been magnificent

Edited by Bartybum

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Really sad state of affairs going on in the US at the moment :sad: In any case, it's just some plastic and can be replaced

There's been some discussion about this a few pages back (can't remember how many exactly). Because of the thicker gear on the new differential, the drive shaft gear would need to be smaller. This would make the engine and gearbox have to spin even faster, so there'd be much more rolling friction. There's no real reason to include the new diff

Seriously though, holy hell this would've been magnificent

Yup,... I agree,... that does look pretty good !

3 hours ago, FX6000 said:

It would be cool if LEGO decided to produce "color change kits" for their Ultimate series 

Here you can see a lot of color variations: https://bricksafe.com/pages/NikolayFX/lamborghini-sian-fkp-37-color-variations 

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

To us, that will be an absolutely great idea but unfortunately, I believe it wouldn't be an interesting idea for the TLG marketing team. 
They will believe we will only buy those "color variation kits" for MOC only and not instead of buying a set...

And that printed tire is absolutely fantastic and I did love to have them! It makes the whole model a "level up" highlight!

Just got an email to say my order has made it to the warehouse.

Makes me wonder if they just stole it from Santa or somthing??? :devil:

Ian...

That defender green :drool:

It would’ve been great if they made it in that color :hmpf_bad:

:pir-love: Is it only me or are all of these five colour variations looking way better than the 'original' green the Sian comes in?

1 hour ago, Qukie said:

:pir-love: Is it only me or are all of these five colour variations looking way better than the 'original' green the Sian comes in?

Probably not only you, but personally I still think Lime is the best.

The perception that all colors look pretty good is -- I think -- an indication of the model's design having been very well executed! :thumbup:

I do agree the lack of printing on the tires is a sadly missed opportunity...

Edited by astyanax
grammar

1 hour ago, Qukie said:

Let's just be happy that it comes in an existing color. Another "one trick pony color" is something people are always complaining about, so in my opinion this is the better choice, regardless if other colors would  have looked cooler.

29 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Probably not only you, but personally I still think Lime is the best.

The perception that all colors look pretty good is -- I think -- an indication of the model's design have been very well executed! :thumbup:

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Let's just be happy that it comes in an existing color. Another "one trick pony color" is something people are always complaining about, so in my opinion this is the better choice, regardless if other colors would  have looked cooler.

Going back to the videocasts, in Episode 5 Jeppe Juul Jensen says something along these lines: LEGO Technic is the ultimate open-source, so you can rebuild any part of the car in any color you have at home. Some day...

10 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Careful now;... @Appie and @Fuzzock might want to teach you a lesson about patience; pandemics and whatever else is real important

I could also start about how this topic almost completely turned into a "Sian delivery status update" thread instead of talking about the actual model itself if you want? :wink:

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

Another "one trick pony color" is something people are always complaining about, so in my opinion this is the better choice

Looks at olive

Two trick pony, thank you very much hehehe

32 minutes ago, Appie said:

I could also start about how this topic almost completely turned into a "Sian delivery status update" thread instead of talking about the actual model itself if you want? :wink:

I was about to address this when the next "order confirmation" message was posted.

37 minutes ago, imvanya said:

Going back to the videocasts, in Episode 5 Jeppe Juul Jensen says something along these lines: LEGO Technic is the ultimate open-source, so you can rebuild any part of the car in any color you have at home. Some day...

That's mostly marketing jibberish, although it's cool they do seem to take this into account.

2 hours ago, Qukie said:

This is probably your mind playing tricks with you. Having seen a lot of lime Sian photos the last few days, you got used to the color. The recolored images are "new", and the brain reacts to that.

Also, the very fact that a yellow, black etc. Lambo is not for sale, means it gains "exclusivity" which by itself raises the percieved value.

1 hour ago, imvanya said:

Actually, it is true, just look at the key words in the sentence. He did not state, that you can rebuild in any color you WANT, but what you HAVE at home, and not the WHOLE model, but ANY PART of the car. :tongue: And here you go (which I find awesome btw):
maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by agrof
added more accurancy

10 minutes ago, agrof said:

Actually, it is true, just look at the key words in the sentence. He did not state, that you can rebuild in any color you WANT, but what you HAVE at home. :tongue:

I stand corrected :laugh:

20 minutes ago, agrof said:

And here you go psychedelic LSD Porsche following

The left headlight symbolizes perfectly how I feel when starring at this creation

2 hours ago, Appie said:

:roflmao:...