2 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Yes I thought about that as the gold rims does not really match some of the colors, but if I started to play with that one as well I could quickly end up with too many variations :) 

Yeah man, I can imagine. There's a lot that you could do out of this. I'm gonna try do the two blue ones i mentioned actually

I just finished building the sian. It is definitely an improvement compared to the bugatti. It's internals are quite similar which is why I did not find it a very interesting build. I have taken pictures of it together with the Centenario. You can see them in this topic: 

17 minutes ago, LvdH said:

There is another minor error in the instructions. 

<images>

The pins aren’t actually needed, as they are already in the chassis.

Makes me wonder what software they use that facilitates such errors. I have some experience with LPub3D and I don't see how -- even if I wanted to -- to make inconsistent alignments (of which I spotted a few more in the latest PDFs). Well, okay, there's many things I don't know how to do in LPub3D anyway, so... :ugh:

Edited by astyanax
typo

11 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Makes me wonder what software they use that facilitates such errors. I have some experience with LPub3D and I don't see how -- even if I wanted to -- to make inconsistent alignments (of which I spotted a few more in the latest PDFs). Well, okay, there's many things I don't know how to do in LPub3D anyway, so... :ugh:

LPub3D doesn't do any alignment, it takes the position from the CAD file (ldr, mpd, whatever). If there are errors in the digital build, they get displayed without being corrected. 

The bigger the model, the more chances that it will have misaligned parts - I believe this is because of rounding of angles/positions/orientations. The barely visible misalignments start adding up until they become visible. 

Cheeky Paint.NET bender:

cEA1RNy.png

Thoughts on ice blue with the black + white rims? Inspired by the one below. The colour's not perfect but meh, it's close enough:

RkZsZY7.png

37 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Most likely their own software.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Cheeky Paint.NET bender:

cEA1RNy.png

Thoughts on ice blue with the black + white rims? Inspired by the one below. The colour's not perfect but meh, it's close enough:

RkZsZY7.png

Not sure about the rims, but I love the body color !!!... :drool:

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

A few thoughts about the prototypes found in the instructions and playing a little bit with the colors :) 

Purple and Lime Green would be my choices.  :drool:

It's not like if we already had Dark blue violet, Blue Violet, Trans Dark blue, Royal Blue, Sand Blue, Metal Blue, Trans Very Light Blue, Blue, Dark Blue, Medium Blue, Trans Light Royal Blue, Chrome Blue, Bright Light Blue, Dark Azure, Maersk Blue, Skye Blue, Light Blue, Trans Medium Blue, Vintage Blue, Glitter Trans Light Blue, Trans Blue Opal, Medium Azure and Pastel Blue. 
One more or one less, what does it change at this point ? :sarcasm_smug:

Edited by Touc4nx
Missing words

A limited edition in metallic green would IMO look much better, but it'd be too similar to the "vanilla" lime.

If the online lego stores are on backorder does that mean the official lego retail stores (US) will not be getting stock until July? Or does lego normally set aside additional stock to go to their physical stores?

5 minutes ago, BENJAKE512 said:

If the online lego stores are on backorder does that mean the official lego retail stores (US) will not be getting stock until July? Or does lego normally set aside additional stock to go to their physical stores?

I don’t know. I do think they’re separate stocks. You can check if a store has a set in stock on the LEGO site. I don’t know the extent to which it’s accurate. You can always call them and ask if they have anything in stock.

25 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

Just an FYI, I just got the notification that mine Shipped. I'm located in Toronto ON. 

Lucky you.  Mine says July 2nd... ? 

I got totally screwed by LEGO and I’m lucky if I see the set before August release.... 

What a f’ing joke this release was; just like the Porsche in 2016...  :damn:

Edited by Wimmer

16 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

Just an FYI, I just got the notification that mine Shipped. I'm located in Toronto ON. 

Same. It's supposed to arrive by 8pm tomorrow. I can't wait.

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Cheeky Paint.NET bender:

The rims are more silver than white at those spots on the spokes, technically they are called machined, or diamond cut surface (like Lego did with the Chiron rims) :wink:. Anyway i will paint mine as well, in glossy black with silver paint on the "highest" spokes!

Mine got shipped today as well, must be here on thursday i guess! :pir-love:

The Chiron shipping 2 years ago was'nt that big of a deal, compared to the Porsche 2 years before that, waited 1 month on that thing back then.

Edited by Coolusername

36 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

image.png.ff7106ff161e223fe85aa7eef3b201bf.png

Why are you doing this to me Lego..... :cry3:

Ian...

Could be worse:...   All of Southern California (at least) has no sets in the stores. 
All shops in San Diego area and Los Angeles area say they don’t have any. 

Totally blows my mind how LEGO bogged this so bad for us on the west coast ?

17 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Totally blows my mind how LEGO bogged this so bad for us on the west coast ?

Since you have spent about 3 posts about this now in the last few pages, let's see:

1. There's a worldwide pandemic. 

2. There's a Lego factory closed in Mexico due to this pandemic. 

3. Lego has to ship sets from their factories in Europe and Asia to provide at least some sets to the USA. 

4. These factories in Asia and Europe are also bound by regulations to prevent Covid-19 from spreading. Even the parts that are automated (and luckily for you alot is at Lego), there is still a limit how much they can upscale production. 

5. Actually shipping them is also bound by similar regulations in that logistics sector. Not to mention these are sets that usually don't take this route since the USA would usually get these sets from the factory in Mexico. So it's extra cargo they have to plan. 

6. This is nothing like the Porsche that got pulled from production shortly after release due to the box messing up the instruction booklet.

7. There have been plenty of sets in the past, without Covid-19 that were out of stock on the first day it went up for sale. Many Ideas sets come to mind, but also some UCS sets (same ballpark as the Lambo).

8. I understand you're upset, but it isn't the end of the world. It isn't a limited edition, they haven't stopped production, they just can't meet demand right now. You can't give me any valid reason you need the set right now unless you intend to find the cure for Covid-19 with it. You want it right now yes, but you don't need it. To want something and having a tantrum about when you can't get it, is something a kid would do and not an adult. 

59 minutes ago, Appie said:

Since you have spent about 3 posts about this now in the last few pages, let's see:

1. There's a worldwide pandemic. 

2. There's a Lego factory closed in Mexico due to this pandemic. 

3. Lego has to ship sets from their factories in Europe and Asia to provide at least some sets to the USA. 

4. These factories in Asia and Europe are also bound by regulations to prevent Covid-19 from spreading. Even the parts that are automated (and luckily for you alot is at Lego), there is still a limit how much they can upscale production. 

5. Actually shipping them is also bound by similar regulations in that logistics sector. Not to mention these are sets that usually don't take this route since the USA would usually get these sets from the factory in Mexico. So it's extra cargo they have to plan. 

6. This is nothing like the Porsche that got pulled from production shortly after release due to the box messing up the instruction booklet.

7. There have been plenty of sets in the past, without Covid-19 that were out of stock on the first day it went up for sale. Many Ideas sets come to mind, but also some UCS sets (same ballpark as the Lambo).

8. I understand you're upset, but it isn't the end of the world. It isn't a limited edition, they haven't stopped production, they just can't meet demand right now. You can't give me any valid reason you need the set right now unless you intend to find the cure for Covid-19 with it. You want it right now yes, but you don't need it. To want something and having a tantrum about when you can't get it, is something a kid would do and not an adult. 

Ok. I get it. But if you’re LEGO and you know all those points you’re making as well; would you not make sure you provide adequate supplies for all regions before you go live with it ?

I agree with all your points (including the one that I’m just a kid in my mind) but their logic and planning seem off; and I just need to vent for a while...

It’s all good and well, I’ll get the set in August in the store or something...

I guess you have yours already ?...

So here’s a question to all of you that have the set and are building it;

Does the set seem more, or less, or the same in difficulty than the other two ?

And also, if you finished building it; compared to the Bugatti, is the Lambo the same size or is it longer, etc. ?

Let me know so I can start planning shelf space... ? 

Edited by Wimmer

40 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

And also, if you finished building it; compared to the Bugatti, is the Lambo the same size or is it longer, etc. ?

Let me know so I can start planning shelf space... ? 

You could request a comparison in this thread: :thumbup:

I haven't seen (or just missed) any comment about it, but to me it seems in all pics and vids and even BI PDF from LEGO website that the dashboard / instrument panel is not centered to the steering wheel. It seems to be centered though in the real car. Is it camera angles playing tricks on me, or is the dash really not centered to the steering wheel. Seems a cheep cheat if true...

I find it kinda funny how 90% of the time the only sets we find instruction errors in is the technic 1/8 premium cars. 

Porsche:

Box was bending the instructions

Gear alignment was wrong,  causing gesr changes to be 1t, 3rd, 2nd, 4th

Chiron

Idk if anyone else had this issue but my chirons instructions had a red outline for what part was new on each step in the 2nd booklet, but not in the 1st

Sian

Headlight part needed to be flipped

Pin dissapearing in multiple steps

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

You could request a comparison in this thread: :thumbup:

Those are some cool comparisons. @Ngoc Nguyen You must have spent a small fortune on all these sets; even two of some of them ?...  :wub:

12 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

I find it kinda funny how 90% of the time the only sets we find instruction errors in is the technic 1/8 premium cars. 

Porsche:

Box was bending the instructions

Gear alignment was wrong,  causing gesr changes to be 1t, 3rd, 2nd, 4th

Chiron

Idk if anyone else had this issue but my chirons instructions had a red outline for what part was new on each step in the 2nd booklet, but not in the 1st

Sian

Headlight part needed to be flipped

Pin dissapearing in multiple steps

Had same problem with my Chiron instructions. Present in the online. Pdf instructions too.