17 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

It's people like you that caused this set to get sold out so quickly. Thanks alot for being greedy & screwing people like me out of this set right after it comes out. What are you going to do, scalp one on Bricklink?

Jeez my dude chill out, it's just a toy. You'll have another chance to buy one.

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

Awesome, let’s all just make assumptions and blame others for their own selfishness. This is exactly the type of behavior we need right now in these times.

I bought one for me and my wife and the other goes to her brother as a birthday gift. If wanting to buy something nice for ones own family is greedy, then I guess I’m greedy.

I don’t think it’s really your “fault” at all.  I still think that LEGO should have anticipated this better; ESPECIALLY after this exact same thing happened when the Porsche came out ?...

Unbelievable still...

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

Awesome, let’s all just make assumptions and blame others for their own selfishness. This is exactly the type of behavior we need right now in these times.

I bought one for me and my wife and the other goes to her brother as a birthday gift. If wanting to buy something nice for ones own family is greedy, then I guess I’m greedy.

I'm sorry for making an assumption like that. But still though. TLG should've just limited orders to just one per house hold to avoid shortages.

2 hours ago, Robo-Knight said:

It's people like you that caused this set to get sold out so quickly. Thanks alot for being greedy & screwing people like me out of this set right after it comes out. What are you going to do, scalp one on Bricklink?

@Robo-Knight There’s no use in blaming him for doing what he’s allowed to do. The US LEGO shop gives you the opportunity to buy three sets at once if you like. So he’s ok with buying two. I was going to buy two as well. 
It’s LEGO that is disappointing us with bad planning and not having enough sets on hand, again, like in 2016 with the Porsche...

16 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

I'm sorry for making an assumption like that. But still though. TLG should've just limited orders to just one per house hold to avoid shortages.

Good man ! ??. We’ll get our set(s) sooner or later.  ? 

Edited by Wimmer

4 hours ago, Robo-Knight said:

You are basically saying that its his fault that the COVID-19 pandemic happened. This isnt about people buying multiple sets, its about Lego's small supply because of the Mexican plant closing. Dont blame others when you dont have the evidence.

Okay, sorry if it's obvious and was covered already in the thread and videos but I'm working so I can't spend to much time but can't wait either.

So:
The plastic bags are to be opened sequentially while building, and you don't have to open all plastic bags of a box at the beginning of a building stage, right? Like in case of The Saturn V for example.
I'm asking because I have so little spare time (maybe 1 hour per session) and also little building space that it really matters, as this might be the nuance that could help me decide, because I'm really on the fence.

Today, all big sets come with numbered bags.

6 minutes ago, Anio said:

Today, all big sets come with numbered bags.

I know but usually you have to open all of them at some point early in the build. At least that was the case 2-3 years ago, I haven't bought any Technic since then...

Just now, Lipko said:

I know but usually you have to open all of them at some point early in the build. At least that was the case 2-3 years ago, I haven't bought any Technic since then...

Not sure what you mean or if I don't understand correctly, but you never had to open all numbered bags at the same time. Of course, you need to open all bags with number 1 at the same time. But not 1, 2, 3 at the same time.

14 hours ago, agrof said:

Thanks for the link, a LOT of interesting stuff to be found there. :thumbup:

There really is, and I appreciate how they almost make you feel like a member of a Lamborghini owners club by sharing all the cool insights and comments directly from Lamborghini engineers and designers.

But the most unintentionally funny one is Episode 7 in which the Lamborghini chief manufacturing officer explains how important properly painting the car is, with all of the different parts made of all the different materials having a consistent color. Awkward :look:

Edited by imvanya

@Lipko There is a sequence in the build, you can make building sessions without any problem. :wink:

I watched all the videos on LEGO website, and I must say: really enjoyed them. For me the most fascinating part was in Episode 8, when Mr. Maurizio Reggiani (Chief Technical Officer) started to talk about the Lego model... clearly, he is a real engineer, who understands all the constraits and capabilities of the Technic system, he really talked as passionated there as about the real Lamborghini. I think, this is the highest praise, what a LEGO designer can get. :sweet: 

"...it is not only a toy, it is really a piece of engineering..."

As an engineer, I was really happy to see this level of appreciation, very inspiring.

Edited by agrof

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Not sure what you mean or if I don't understand correctly, but you never had to open all numbered bags at the same time. Of course, you need to open all bags with number 1 at the same time. But not 1, 2, 3 at the same time.

Then why I remember it otherwise? Or maybe it is/was the case only with system sets? Obviously I don't buy too much sets...

Just now, Lipko said:

Then why I remember it otherwise? Or maybe it is/was the case only with system sets? Obviously I don't buy too much sets...

Not sure. Could be your brain playing tricks on you hehe. Anyway, numbered bags never have to be opened at the same time. That's the main reason of their existence. However, not all sets have numbered bags. Maybe that's what's confusing you.

I think the numbered bags are a great idea and I just open all of one number in a tray and go from there, finding the pieces means it takes longer! and enjoy build longer lol.

Its on back order here in UK shipping 8th June, now a limit of 1, which i would of thought it should be 1 per order everywhere.  I for sure at the moment cannot stretch to 1, never bought 2 of any set.  I have lego mandolrian on order to when its released.

If we get out holiday deposit back will be getting one though sooner! I still have quite a few sets to build and am still working so not have any extra time either!

56 minutes ago, agrof said:

For me the most fascinating part was in Episode 8, when Mr. Maurizio Reggiani (Chief Technical Officer)

Just got to the last few episodes, and he does feel genuinely impressed and excited about the set. It looks like the technical side of the set can still surprise even technically savvy people outisde the AFOL bubble :wink:

I think 42070 didn't go through the bags sequentially. I vaguely recall having lay out all the bags every time for an evening building session (~1-2h each).

A few thoughts about the prototypes found in the instructions and playing a little bit with the colors :) 

5 hours ago, astyanax said:

Nice! Building instructions have now been made available for download.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/search?initialsearch=42115#?text=42115

They fixed some errors, including the wrongly rotated 2L beam in step 921, as shown in @Sariel's hands-on review. :sweet:

Thanks!. I bought mine yesterday but am trying so hard not to open the PDF instructions and just wait till it arrives  soon!

6 hours ago, OnyyX said:

You are basically saying that its his fault that the COVID-19 pandemic happened. This isnt about people buying multiple sets, its about Lego's small supply because of the Mexican plant closing. Dont blame others when you dont have the evidence.

Did I even mention anything about the Corona Virus? I didn't, no? Then I wasn't even remotely talking about it let alone blaming someone over it. Don't put words in my mouth.

Edited by Robo-Knight

9 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Thanks!. I bought mine yesterday but am trying so hard not to open the PDF instructions and just wait till it arrives  soon!

haha you and me both. I went through the first few pages and closed it because I just want to experience it. 

45 minutes ago, kbalage said:

A few thoughts about the prototypes found in the instructions and playing a little bit with the colors :)

Oooh fancy, I like. It'd be nice to see different colours for the wheels too, as well as sand blue and ice blue body colour (not that I'm asking you to go do that)

Edited by Bartybum

14 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

Did I even mention anything about the Corona Virus? I didn't, no? Then I wasn't even remotely talking about it let alone blaming someone over it. Don't put words in my mouth.

No you didn't. Instead you make assumptions about why the other person purchased 2 to fit with your view. You could also try to look at the bigger picture and not blame the guy that bought 2 or Lego (Wimmer), but actually deal with the fact that this situation is new for Lego as well with a closed factory in Mexico and having to ship sets to the USA from European and/or the Asian factory that would normally come from the factory in Mexico. Lego's options aren't infinite, especially in these times due to Covid-19.

I'd urge you to take this advice:

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Jeez my dude chill out, it's just a toy. You'll have another chance to buy one.

There is another minor error in the instructions. 
800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

The pins aren’t actually needed, as they are already in the chassis.

24 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oooh fancy, I like. It'd be nice to see different colours for the wheels too, as well as sand blue and ice blue body colour (not that I'm asking you to go do that)

Yes I thought about that as the gold rims does not really match some of the colors, but if I started to play with that one as well I could quickly end up with too many variations :)