19 minutes ago, GenericMIKE said:

Same here. Ordered my lambo and got 2 free gifts with it!

Free Beach Buggy set and Free Hot Rod Set!

Hope it arrives in 3-5days too.

Exactly !!!  :thumbup:

Thinking about ordering a second one to sell later on; with the added bonus of selling the two extra gifts again ?...  :wink:

Edited by Wimmer

7 minutes ago, GenericMIKE said:

Yep its on backorder already lol.

East coast as well. No hiccups!

Lambo Backorder.png

Well I'm about to scream. megablocking Bank of America! If they didn't want more verification, I would've had my new now set ffs!

Edited by Robo-Knight

11 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

Well I'm about to scream. megablocking Bank of America! If they didn't want more verification, I would've had my new set ffs!

I just checked  and it states “On Backorder, will ship by July 2”...

It didn’t say that when I ordered mine first; and when I checked in order progress section they changed it into “backorder”...  I guess I won’t be seeing it until half July I guess ?... :damn:

Or;... Did they already retract the set because of the lime color complaints ???  :wall:

Edited by Wimmer

It's still available in DK. 

All though I can't get my self to pay full price when I know it'll be cheaper when it hits regular stores. 

1 minute ago, Wimmer said:

I just checked and it states “On Backorder, will ship by July 2”...

Did they already retract the set because of the lime color complaints ???  :wall:

I noticed that too. I hope it's just a mistake for the US people. Around here (Netherlands) it's just mentioned "Available now" and when completing the order I got an indication of 2~3 business days delivery time, which is normal for purchases @ TLG online shop.

I don't think they would retract the set because of color complaints.

A more likely explanation could be that the amount of orders already exceeded the available stock and that they need to get a next shipment from the factory.

7 minutes ago, Enantiomeer said:

I noticed that too. I hope it's just a mistake for the US people. Around here (Netherlands) it's just mentioned "Available now" and when completing the order I got an indication of 2~3 business days delivery time, which is normal for purchases @ TLG online shop.

A more likely explanation could be that the amount of orders already exceeded the available stock and that they need to get a next shipment from the factory.

Let’s hope. I got an email about 5 minutes  after my confirmation email that now states “Out Of Stock”...

I guess it’s just like the Porsche, only worse now; because you can’t go to the LEGO store for a copy.  I called the two in south California and both said they won’t have the set until they get restocked again. They didn’t receive any sets since early March because of COVID shutdown. 

I figured that LEGO would think about that their stores are closed so that there will be more online orders; and that they would have the stock to support that.  I guess I’m just stupid to believe that they would get it right this time ?

Edited by Wimmer

9 minutes ago, Enantiomeer said:

I think your last explanation is the accurate one, I got my order in within minutes of the site going live and it seems to still be shipping on time for me (fingers crossed). It's interesting, a lot of car enthusiast sites I frequent have been promoting the Sian for the better part of a week; I guess that might be contributing to demand as well. 

18 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Let’s hope. I got an email about 5 minutes  after my confirmation email that now states “Out Of Stock”...

I guess it’s just like the Porsche, only worse now; because you can’t go to the LEGO store for a copy.  I called the two in south California and both said they won’t have the set until they get restocked again. They didn’t receive any sets since early March because of COVID shutdown. 

I figured that LEGO would think about that their stores are closed so that there will be more online orders; and that they would have the stock to support that.  I guess I’m just stupid to believe that they would get it right this time ?

would love to see that email

also i think if you ordered within the first 30minutes the order went through fine and should be "in process"

after that, when I posted my pick i kept checking the site to see whats up backorder kept popping around like 12:40AM

-also sidenote what the heck I thought the Ducati would be available today to?!? Or at least in the online Ducati shop like the newsletter says..

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2020/april/lego-technic-ducati/

Edited by GenericMIKE

Backordered... till July... WOW. You savages! 

JK, love you all.

But seriously, Lego got themselves a hit here. I didn't know so many people had so much money these days to throw away on toys. 

I figure by morning (it's 11 pm here in Victoria, Canada) it will be out of stock. 

1 hour ago, HoodRacer said:

Just ordered from the west coast of the US with no issues. I'm rather excited, this will be my first set since 42009 in 2013... guess the dark age is over!

Welcome back in the light! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

I just checked  and it states “On Backorder, will ship by July 2”...

It didn’t say that when I ordered mine first; and when I checked in order progress section they changed it into “backorder”...  I guess I won’t be seeing it until half July I guess ?... :damn:

Or;... Did they already retract the set because of the lime color complaints ???  :wall:

At least you managed to get the first one in (can't believe they have a limit of 3, no wonder they're all gone so fast). When I checked, it was already on backorder. I didn't think I had to stay glued to my computer and hit the refresh button every single second the entire day, but boy I was wrong. 

Edited by moebiusfactor

8 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Can it be that you made an error in the gearbox? Or more precisely in the 90 degree limiters? It looks like the two LBG liftarms that are pushed against the orange #2 connectors are mounted one stud too far outward. They are now angled, instead of straight up. That could also explain the troubles you occasionaly had with the shifting.

Yes, they were placed incorrectly. I'll have a look again when I have time to tear down the car. 

Placed an order an hour ago. It's still in stock in Lithuanian version of Lego shop. Got it cheaper than both Bugatti and Porsche plus a free set.

Edited by Ascius

I'm lime green with envy right now...  :yoda: I have decided to wait until general release so I can use a gift card on the purchase. $400 US is more than I care to spend right now.

48 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Yes, they were placed incorrectly. I'll have a look again when I have time to tear down the car. 

Haha, first model with reduced color vomit and suddenly even the pros make mistakes.:hmpf:

Just kidding  :tongue:

In UK, still able to order 2 limit and free hot rod set, i need to sit this one out for now but it looks so good! Im hoping under £300 in future will be more my price! The doors are best feature! 

Ordered mine at 6:30am AU time and I got the hot rod promo. 1 hour after i ordered it it was out of stock so lucky me. Also it hasn't said anything about back orders but the main home page has been changed back to the "Drive what you love" thing instead of the Sian. Must have run out quick and didn't want any more complaints. Hopefully mines here on Thursday(Wednesday US time)

@Jim will you be making a review? Love racing bricks and sariels video reviews so far but can’t wait for your picture special like the previous UCS sets.

For anyone that wanted to know about the colour choice and hasn't seen this yet. I fully agree with the mindset

Yesterday, LEGO Technic Senior Designer Aurelien Rouffiange (not pictured) was asked questions by the LEGO fan community about the new Lamborghini Sián FKP 37. Many people wanted to know why they chose lime green? ⠀

Aurelien: “We tried different greens and different colours, but the main reason we chose to go for this one was because first, the car was revealed in green as well and we wanted to match that in a way so it's similar to the real world colours. But they made 63 cars each with a unique colour, and none of them would be the same. So we thought it was important for us to also create that uniqueness and have own colour as well. So it's maybe the car #64! Also, the lime green, it's flashy and it's in your eyes! – to us, it is very much the Lamborghini DNA colour scheme.”

Edited by SheldonF

Agree, so only one of the real cars will be metallic olive with copper colored wheels.

On the Lego model, i think lime works perfect and the metallic olive from the old millenium 4x4 off roader 8466 would not stand out enough.

But iam not a fan of those gold wheels, but there is always spraypaint! I will replicate the two-tones from the DNA video at about 4:40 min.

The big mistake here was letting people buy multple copies of the same set. At least right after it just went on sale/for the first week or something. That's partially how there's no more in stock right now.

This sucks.

10 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

The big mistake here was letting people buy multple copies of the same set. At least right after it just went on sale/for the first week or something. That's partially how there's no more in stock right now.

This sucks.

Nah it just means the market will be flooded with Sians in the future :excited: