6 hours ago, agrof said:

An interesting inseder interview by hungarian car magazine. It starts in hungarian, but they change for english for the relevant part. Enjoy! 

Really good interview. I feel like most people think these designers can just make any part they want to fit the model. Good questions were asked!

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

I guess Uwe did not want to give an interview so they asked Aurelien, for a non-AFOL media one Technic designer is as good as another one :laugh: Btw Aurelien never says in the interview that he was the lead designer for the Sián, so I rather trust the official video and the building instructions :classic:

Aurelien was the lead designer of the Bugatti Chiron set.  I might think he was probably involved in the Lamborghini, but not the lead for the Lamborghini...

4 hours ago, SheldonF said:

Really good interview. I feel like most people think these designers can just make any part they want to fit the model. Good questions were asked!

I cant understand this. What kind of questions where asked?

4 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

I cant understand this. What kind of questions where asked? 

Interview in english starts at about 1 min into the video.

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So the fact that the three cars all belong to VW group is just a coincidence.

If it is a coincidence, I guess they'll call it "magic" when a Bentley will be released in 2022 :laugh:

27 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So the fact that the three cars all belong to VW group is just a coincidence.

Maybe not coincidence, but Lego did many Ferrari models over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if the next supercar is a successor to the LaFerrari for the (80th anniversary car F80 or whatever it will be called).

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

If it is a coincidence, I guess they'll call it "magic" when a Bentley will be released in 2022 :laugh:

Bentley seems very likely, more luxury instead sporty in dark tan

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Bentley seems very likely, more luxury instead sporty in dark tan

I would also love a Bentley as the new 2022 UCS set

17 hours ago, agrof said:

An interesting inseder interview by hungarian car magazine. It starts in hungarian, but they change for english for the relevant part. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing the interview! Very interesting ...

Personally I don't think they'll go for a bentley as it doesn't have any looks going for it(it isn't a poster car), if they are going to branch out to other car makers I can see the 2022 car being a ferrari or a mclaren. I would love a proper ferrari red laferrari but as someone up there said it would probably be something newer.

In my opinion Lego should have released the McLaren Speedtail instead of the Lamborghini Sian. It is a better 'poster' car than the Lamborghini and has some more interesting design features such as the three seat configuration and the pop out cameras instead of wing mirrors. 

1 hour ago, jep_builder said:

Personally I don't think they'll go for a bentley as it doesn't have any looks going for it(it isn't a poster car), if they are going to branch out to other car makers I can see the 2022 car being a ferrari or a mclaren. I would love a proper ferrari red laferrari but as someone up there said it would probably be something newer.

Let’s not forget that there’s still Bentley and Audi (personally hoping for next R8 hyper-car) in the VW brand that could be the next. Both have some supercar-ish models. VW might very well have exclusivity contract for the first models. Ferrari would be nice but BMW also has a chance, as Land Rover is from their group. A new i8 or something could be cool to see. There are some remarkable BMW MOCs out there.

47 minutes ago, thunderl said:

Let’s not forget that there’s still Bentley and Audi (personally hoping for next R8 hyper-car) in the VW brand that could be the next. Both have some supercar-ish models. VW might very well have exclusivity contract for the first models. Ferrari would be nice but BMW also has a chance, as Land Rover is from their group. A new i8 or something could be cool to see. There are some remarkable BMW MOCs out there.

Land Rover hasn't been part of BMW since 2000. They now belong to Tata, together with Jaguar. Though TLC colaborated with BMW on the R1200GS (42063) and in a Speed Champions set with MINI, so who knows.

51 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

Land Rover hasn't been part of BMW since 2000. They now belong to Tata, together with Jaguar. Though TLC colaborated with BMW on the R1200GS (42063) and in a Speed Champions set with MINI, so who knows.

Oh, you’re actually right - my bad! Any speed champions brand has chances, yes :) 

Robin Reliant for 2022 technic UCS, 1 out run 3 police cars for 90 miles before it ran out of fuel in a car chase :grin:

Better late then never, here is my review of the set with a detailed demonstration of the building process & the different features:

18 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Better late then never, here is my review of the set with a detailed demonstration of the building process & the different features:

Just watched the review, I like how you explain how every function works by step by step. Good review!

Edited by SamuelYsc
wording

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Better late then never, here is my review of the set with a detailed demonstration of the building process & the different features

When I am looking at the gearbox now (4:50 in the review), it seems to be pretty difficult to dissasembly it due to inserted axles into the frame. You need to pull out axles from one side and then bend axles on the other side to pull them out.

Thanks for the great review! Your comments on the target audience sums up my thoughts on the matter as well.

Nice review, very relaxing to watch.

The color vomit on the inside is actually not that bad, and the return of the black 2L axle is definatelly a step in the right direction. But the blue pins still remain a huge visual problem.

The color inconsistencies are an absolute disgrace.  They are already charging waaay to much for the set, so at least the bricks should be perfect.

And after the focus on the glowing lights in the commercials no glow in the dark pieces are close to a scam. Even my 5€ tiny turbo had 2x 4L bar glow in the dark a few years ago. But the 380€ one? Nah.

The set has some big flaws, but overall it is definatelly a better car than the chiron imo.

@kbalage Now that was a proper review, Thank You a lot! It definitely helps to judge the set from a Technic fan point of view, and we can really state, theat the Sian is a step up in the line.

Maybe @Sariel was the first, but his review left a lot questions open to me, thanks for answering those (suspension, gearbox, cracking, smoothness, connections rigidity - especially the headlights).

@agrof I thought so too, this review was more informative. I guess taking your time to do things properly and ending up last does pay of in the end :wink:

How sturdy is the chassis for twisting? I mean when you take the chassis with both hands, keep them near both axles and twist the chassis from side to side.

And another question - what is the purpose of those red towballs at the wheel hubs?