Yeah it will probably still be visible in the right conditions but I said not as visible meaning it's probably the colour inaccuracy blowing the difference out of proportion, all it needs to do is make one shade a bit darker or/and another a bit lighter and the difference looks huge.

46 minutes ago, Enantiomeer said:

If they are indeed using the injecting moulding machines to mix colored and non colored granulates that is just asking for problems with color consistency.

The typical way to make colored plastic parts goes in at least two steps. In the first step clear granules are fed into a twin screw extruder together with the pigment powder at a very well controlled rate and then melted and extremely well mixed and formed into new granules. This is called a master batch in the industry. This is also the most difficult step as the dispersion of the pigment powder has to be absolutely perfect or you'll get color inconsistencies. The dispersion of this pigment powder is so difficult because it has very different properties from the molten plastic and therefore mixing it won't just happen, you need to really force that process.

Usually in a second step the master batch gets fed into a second twin screw extruder together with more clear granules and is re-melted, mixed and then formed into a new granulate again. For this process a much simpler extruder screw setup can be used as you don't need to disperse pigment powder but just mix two plastics that have nearly identical properties. In principle this step can be performed online with the process of forming your final product so you can prevent having to process the plastic a third time.

The issue with extruder screws in most injecting moulding machines is that those are usually single screw types, designed to just melt the plastic, not to efficiently mix two plastics. So, unless you take some extra precautions in the injecting moulding process (such as using double screw types with an added mixing section) there is a high risk that you'll get color inconsistencies. As you might be able to guess, a double screw extruder is quite a bit more expensive than a single screw extruder.

Thank you for the insights ^^.

They do both. Uncolored granules + dye + shredded parts (old pieces, left overs from the gate points / frame - whatever they are called). The composition may vary, so maybe that could be one reason for different colors.

Edited by Gimmick

I heard from naccar_oficial that LEGO will only make 63 Lambo’s. That cant be possible, can it? I mean, they wont make any profit if they only make 63 of it.

Edited by Remco Lego

2 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

I heard from naccar_oficial that LEGO will only make 63 Lambo’s. That cant be possible, can it? I mean, they wont make any profit if they only make 63 of it.

Lamborghini only makes 63 of the original. ;)

7 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Say that to the idiots on ebay who will sell the set as a "limited edition with low serial number" anyway. :roflmao::wall:

Speaking of that number, some people will think it is a serial number, but it is just for the online certificate and pictures. Even if you get the first set ever produced you might end up with a big code number since they are random!

1 hour ago, Gimmick said:

I know, but I heard that they will also make 63 of the LEGO models. I hope this isnt true

9 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

I know, but I heard that they will also make 63 of the LEGO models. I hope this isnt true

This is most definitely not true. 

22 minutes ago, LvdH said:

This is most definitely not true. 

The star of the event, the LEGO® Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 on a 1: 8 scale, incorporates unparalleled power, visionary design and futuristic elegance into the limited edition of the Italian sports supercar. First presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2019, only 63 copies of the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 will be produced, turning this replica of 3,696 pieces into an unmissable collection item for fans of luxury cars and LEGO, who are looking for a construction challenge. With a bright lime green tone and golden rims, the model is 13cm high, 60 in length and 25cm in width. This unique model is the perfect addition to any LEGO collection. The LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 will be available in LEGO stores and at http://www.LEGO.com/Technic-Lamborghini-Sian from 1 June and globally from 1 August 2020.

this is what LEGO said to me in a mail

Edited by Remco Lego

3 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

The star of the event, the LEGO® Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 on a 1: 8 scale, incorporates unparalleled power, visionary design and futuristic elegance into the limited edition of the Italian sports supercar. First presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2019, only 63 copies of the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 will be produced, turning this replica of 3,696 pieces into an unmissable collection item for fans of luxury cars and LEGO, who are looking for a construction challenge. With a bright lime green tone and golden rims, the model is 13cm high, 60 in length and 25cm in width. This unique model is the perfect addition to any LEGO collection. The LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 will be available in LEGO stores and at http://www.LEGO.com/Technic-Lamborghini-Sian from 1 June and globally from 1 August 2020.

63 copies of REAL Lamborghini. 

4 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

63 copies of REAL Lamborghini. 

pfff man thats a relief. I was already thinking SHIT this sucks ???

6 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

pfff man thats a relief. I was already thinking SHIT this sucks ???

Think about the costs associated with designing a new set: tooling, labour, marketing, etc. In what world would there be a remote possibility that they only sell 63 sets in total?

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Think about the costs associated with designing a new set: tooling, labour, marketing, etc. In what world would there be a remote possibility that they only sell 63 sets in total?

thats what I thought when LEGO send me this message. But I just wanted to know what they meant

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Parts come from different production lines and are made with varying materials. It's probably impossible to make them all look the same.

Agreed.  I noticed this problem with the color yellow and red as well.

8043 had some yellow issues...

7 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

The shading issue appears on ALL official images and vidoes for now. Maybe it is fixed in later productions.

Sending all pins with pinhole and axle with pinhole in the correct color to all their customers to replace them would be fun for TLG

It’s going to be even more fun to replace them all when the model is finished... :wall:

1 hour ago, Remco Lego said:

Did you notice the “,” in that sentence ?  The real car only gets 63 copies, comma, this is why the LEGO version is such a good thing because you’ll “never” will get to see the real thing in life...

Stop worrying, this set will be available long enough -at least three years is my guess- for you to get your hands on one if you’d like to !... :wub_drool:

6 hours ago, jep_builder said:

One thing about the different shades of lime green is you're seeing this through a camera which all process colour differently unless it's raw footage then it's up to the colourist of the video, then you're looking at the video or picture on a screen which also all display colour a bit differently (compression also can change it) unless you spent thousands on a cinema calibrated display. All I'm saying is maybe it's not as noticeable in person.

Doesn't really matter - the color on your screen may not match how it looks like in person, but if the colors were identical then they would still be identical on your screen. Just not identical between the screen and the real thing.

I had this colour shading inconsistency with 42082, the red 3L axle-pins came in two different shades of red. Of course there it wasn't a problem at all, because the pins were mostly not visible. If the inconsistency in Sariel's review is anywhere near as bad in real life as it appears in the video, it's a huge problem. For this price customers are entitled to have much better quality.

red-axle-pins.jpg

An interesting inseder interview by hungarian car magazine. It starts in hungarian, but they change for english for the relevant part. Enjoy! 

Edited by agrof

I heard a rumor that Lego will also make a hollow version of the Lambo without all the gears, at half the pieces for half the price.

41 minutes ago, Abraham5G said:

I heard a rumor that Lego will also make a hollow version of the Lambo without all the gears, at half the pieces for half the price.

Yeahhhhh no

3 hours ago, Jockos said:

I don't understand it...Why Uwe was in the video, then?

I guess Uwe did not want to give an interview so they asked Aurelien, for a non-AFOL media one Technic designer is as good as another one :laugh: Btw Aurelien never says in the interview that he was the lead designer for the Sián, so I rather trust the official video and the building instructions :classic:

Does anyone have ideas about how to improve this brand new car like what has been done in 42083 and 42056?

Regard as to how the spoiler controlled in this model. I think it is very likely to have a linkage with the gearbox.

And I think the gear paddle part is almost exactly the same compare with 42083, so it would be very easy to realize gear indicator like the gear indicator on 42083.