2 hours ago, mahjqa said:

Is there a way to automatically hide any posts mentioning the phrase "blue pins"? These people have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion. 

Welcome to 2007. Lego is a company with a target audience of laypeople, not experts. If someone who doesn't have your galaxy brain buys a set and gets frustrated, they won't buy another one. Hence blue pins.

If this is such a sore point for you, I recommend not giving them your money.

<script>

console.log("there's hope to achieve this feature!");

</script>

Seriously the blue pin comments are really tiresome. Why are pins visible in a Technic set anyhoos LIPKOMAD

EDIT: script injection doesn't work :(

Edited by Lipko

Blue pins? 

9AJq.gif

Awesome! ? 

Edited by agrof

1 hour ago, rm8 said:

Thank you! This honestly made my day :blush:

Sorry if my previous post came across as a bit sour- it's just that this colour discussion doesn't bring much new to the table. 

As for the Sian itself- I'm pleasantly surprised. It's evolutionary rather than revolutionary, but it's a more attractive model than the Chiron. The door and spoiler mechanisms seem solid, and don't require a silly extra "key". Also, I'm very much in favour of all the new parts that have been introduced in Lime. 

I don't know if it's a side effect of Lego's 18+ branding, but the usage of different colours seem to be reduced a bit from previous models. 

Edited by mahjqa
i spel gud

I don't get all the moaning and groaning about the lime green parts in the chassis - it means you'll have more lime green parts for the bodywork of your own models.

50 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I don't get all the moaning and groaning about the lime green parts in the chassis - it means you'll have more lime green parts for the bodywork of your own models.

Yeah after watching the speed build I actually thought to myself the color vomit isn't so bad here. Besides lime there's some red and yellow, which are both useful colors.

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Those 11 x 15 frames are great as parts, but seeing three of them stacked like they are, looks like a real eyesore design-wise.

My thought too. Especially the one at the bottom doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, mahjqa said:

Sorry if my previous post came across as a bit sour- it's just that this colour discussion doesn't bring much new to the table. 

Yeah well I'm sorry for harping on about it again. I think the 18+ age rating (yes I know it's just marketing and is therefore a lie), the viewing window that allows you to see inside the model once it's finished and the fact that many parts have once again only come in one, bright colour (such as the orange wave selector, the red and blue gears, so we can't change them) brought many of the excuses for colour coding back into question for me. But I think I've said enough now so I'll try to tone it down if it bothers people.

17 minutes ago, allanp said:

Yeah well I'm sorry for harping on about it again. I think the 18+ age rating (yes I know it's just marketing and is therefore a lie), the viewing window that allows you to see inside the model once it's finished and the fact that many parts have once again only come in one, bright colour (such as the orange wave selector, the red and blue gears, so we can't change them) brought many of the excuses for colour coding back into question for me. But I think I've said enough now so I'll try to tone it down if it bothers people.

I’m ok with it; it is in the end a discussion forum ?...

Here’s my point; mostly for the sets that will follow:...
If it is 18+, maybe LEGO should try to make the chassis one color, the body one color (including the pins, etc. that you can see from the outside) and the engine/gearbox one color... 

I remember fondly the Volvo RC loader which had the nice green engine parts (I know that’s according to the real life brother, but it shows it’s possible...).

It would be beautiful to have the outside all be the color of the paneling of that particular model: In case of the Lamborghini it would have been a sleek look if all the “body-included-and-visible” parts would have been in Lime green...

But Technic has always been like this; and I still love it this way too.  Maybe something LEGO could think of in the future for sets that are more of a “show piece” than a “play toy” ?...

And these cars are more the first than the latter...

I’ll be ordering at midnight come the last day of May !...

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

42111 has almost no color vomit, almost all bricks are gray or black.

That is somewhat pleasant, unfortunately these parts never were rare in black or dark colours, I'm talking new parts/moulds not being available (pardon me if it came out not very clear in previous post, should've emphasized more on that), just as allanp said: Gears, gearbox round selector, the new diff gear from the "rally car"... all these are only available in bright colours: red, blue, orange... not even a single one of them is available in at the very least light bley. And the fact that the the previously dark bley and black pins are becoming red... unfortunate. No complaints about extra lime parts, but even promotional mid-build images are full of vibrant colours.

Looking forward to the reviews of the set though, as the set as a whole is definitely better than it's predecessors.

I'm on the mindset that I don't mind the blue pins showing on the exterior or having a bit of color for the chassis and drive train. That being said the colors used for the gearbox components mixed with the lime of some chassis pieces gives me a feeling of "tutti frutti". The yellow and orange and red axle connectors are the worst culprits here. Considering that they're of a different type so there's little risk mixing them they could have stuck to one or two more sedate colors at most.

Do we know what time on June 1st this will launch?

Does it usually come out at midnight EST or randomly during the day?

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

My thought too. Especially the one at the bottom doesn't make sense.

It's holding the chassis in place, it connects to the panels.

3 hours ago, allanp said:

2 hours ago, syclone said:

That is somewhat pleasant, unfortunately these parts never were rare in black or dark colours, I'm talking new parts/moulds not being available (pardon me if it came out not very clear in previous post, should've emphasized more on that), just as allanp said: Gears, gearbox round selector, the new diff gear from the "rally car"... all these are only available in bright colours: red, blue, orange... not even a single one of them is available in at the very least light bley. And the fact that the the previously dark bley and black pins are becoming red... unfortunate. No complaints about extra lime parts, but even promotional mid-build images are full of vibrant colours.

Looking forward to the reviews of the set though, as the set as a whole is definitely better than it's predecessors.

It is too bad that all those great new mechanical parts are only in bright colors. The 20T clutch gear is especially painful, since I have seen official Lego videos (gearbox instructions) that had them in light bluish grey!

12 hours ago, Coolusername said:

So does someone know if  the bars in front glow in the dark???

Could always replace the parts - back when monster fighters was out you could order glow in the dark parts off of pick a brick, including the bars.

2 hours ago, 2blentendre said:

Do we know what time on June 1st this will launch?

Does it usually come out at midnight EST or randomly during the day?

Thanks. 

I think it was at 00:00 EST... but I’m not 100% sure. 

13 hours ago, Coolusername said:

So does someone know if  the bars in front glow in the dark???

Nope, the bars are simple white ones. And this is the 6L variant with the ring so there's no glow in the dark version unfortunately to easily replace them.

30 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I think it was at 00:00 EST... but I’m not 100% sure. 

Hope so! Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Nope, the bars are simple white ones. And this is the 6L variant with the ring so there's no glow in the dark version unfortunately to easily replace them.

can we see part list from your copy? thanks in advance:)

On 5/25/2020 at 1:54 AM, SamuelYsc said:

Found a comment on the China Lego Technic said, The step of the left headlight in the instructions has an error, guess we might need careful at those step?

Also, he said the structure of the car is not very good, the structure are too loose.

I doubt about that.

lol they are right
bQTsyOM.png

----

Video shows it is still using the old differential(parts no.62821), not the new differential from 42109 (part no. 65414&65413)
No new gears, no new differential.

And about what I said about the new differential. I don't mean it has to have the new differential, what I mean is this is a Technic set, of course, I am happy to see some new technic panel parts. 
But it is sad that we did not see any new gears and stuff really related to "technic", not even friendly "upgrade" the differential for better RC conversation.
And yes, I love how it looks and all those curves are perfect and lovely, but the inside? It looks like a Chiron with extra steps.

Edited by SamuelYsc
wording

1 hour ago, SamuelYsc said:

lol they are right
bQTsyOM.png

----

And about what I said about the new differential. I don't mean it has to have the new differential, what I mean is this is a Technic set, of course, I am happy to see some new technic panel parts. 
But it is sad that we did not see any new gears and stuff really related to "technic", not even friendly "upgrade" the differential for better RC conversation.
And yes, I love how it looks and all those curves are perfect and lovely, but the inside? It looks like a Chiron with extra steps.

Regarding that structure if u see the official video (I saw it from Brick brother's youtube channel) u can see that guy lift that car with just one hand holding just the rooftop portion. It was smooth. I will hold my judgment until Sariel/Jim/RacingBrick's videos are out (prolly on/around June 1st). But I also understand these are the same guys who proved to be correct regarding that head light instruction error. Hmm...

Thanks for bringing this up again. I saw ur post in the thousands of other posts and was wondering has there been any update of it.

Edited by thekoRngear

Advanced issues found

?
31 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

Regarding that structure if u see the official video (I saw it from Brick brother's youtube channel) u can see that guy lift that car with just one hand holding just the rooftop portion. It was smooth. I will hold my judgment until Sariel/Jim/RacingBrick's videos are out (prolly on/around June 1st). But I also understand these are the same guys who proved to be correct regarding that head light instruction error. Hmm...

Thanks for bringing this up again. I saw ur post in the thousands of other posts and was wondering has there been any update of it.

Sariel has already released the review.

Structure test at 20:57
It seems pretty strong to me.

I am really impressed, that there are no stickers but only prints. Hats off to Lego :-)

It looks super ugly. SHAME. How is it this supposed to be a premium set with such abysmal color consistency? Quality of lime looks like from some cheap knock-off brand. The irony here is knock-off brands do better in this regard. SHAME on you LEGO... I would be embarrassed where in their position.