26 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I’ll say it again:...

I’m... H...A...P...P...Y... !!!  :sweet:

I'm definitely with team HAPPY.

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

Whoever said that the packaging is lame with the car on the back was wrong, very wrong. Very cool unboxing experience:

Very nice!

I really love the Fake box and Fake Sian!

1 minute ago, Zerobricks said:

The drive shaft to the RWD is not parallel to the suspension arms, it's a stud lower.

I suppose the CV-joint is intended to handle it's variable length.

If I am seeing correctly, the front suspension has 6L arms and 9L steering links. What a shame...

Finally may take the plunge into large Technic supercars this time, both my son and I are excited to build this.

But, LEGO, why oh why visible blue pin ends???? First MOD is to figure out how many MSG (without friction) or black (with friction) axle/pin 2L and connector 3L are needed.

2 minutes ago, tomek9210 said:

If I am seeing correctly, the front suspension has 6L arms and 9L steering links. What a shame...

Agreed, they had all 8 arms same length, everything perfect and than they put different length steering arms which will cause toe out.

10 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Whoever said that the packaging is lame with the car on the back was wrong, very wrong. Very cool unboxing experience:

Absolutely.. this whole set is making me a car-guy (briefly! :roflmao:). The general levels of support are higher than normal too, which is good.... but to pick up on a couple of previous topics, it was only recently that someone was doubting the ability of TLG designers and that mocs were 'better'.. (cough) - well, this set is visually stunning. Validation if it was needed, as to why these guys do this for a living. And they've achieved this within the constraints of costs, target demographics and restriction placed on them by Lambo (probably). Very impressive.

This is why TLG and they guys they employ are awesome... and pushrod suspension!! Add me to the happy camp... its the first car i want. I feel born again!! :iamded_lol:

Just now, Zerobricks said:

Found a piece from 42099, the new CV joint:

42115-1.png

And the only reason it is used is because the female piece has a longer axle :oh3: lol

4 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

And the only reason it is used is because the female piece has a longer axle :oh3: lol

I think it's used for spoiler control since on the passanger side and seems to be geared up.

Edited by Zerobricks

1 minute ago, Gray Gear said:

That would be the male piece that is longer unless I got my anatomy completely wrong *huh*

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

In about two years' time you'll be able to snag it for 33% off secondhand I reckon. That's what I'm seeing with the Chiron now

Got a new Chiron for $250 :classic:

19 minutes ago, tomek9210 said:

It is true this may be an issue...if the suspension travel allowed to see the offset due to this geometry.

With one stud travel or just a bit more i think this will not be a problem

5 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I think it's used for spoiler control or the gearbox shifting since on the passanger side and seems to be geared up.

After looking at the speedbuilt it is the gearbox selector connection. The mechanism for the rear wing is based on lever activated by a lever located in front of Passenger seat.

EDIT: BTW the shifter is globaly the same than on chiron exept that the system initialy made by an axle with spring locking the system that is now a lever and a ball joint. I think this will be a great improvment of the chiron's one.

Edited by steph77

Seeing the build, I'm disappointed, it feels like if they took the Chiron's Chassis and put a different Bodywork on it...
I mean : the seats are on the same place, the gearbox is roughly the same, the shifter is the same, Transmission is almost identical, without any improvements (central diff, true reverse and not just a lever to choose from forward-neutral-reverse)
However, adjustable spoiler seems cool

Edited by Touc4nx

27 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Could anyone be kind enough to upload the partlist?

That seems to be premature at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

That would be the male piece that is longer unless I got my anatomy completely wrong *huh*

As long as they mate with their own species, that is with other CV-pieces, the piece with the axle is the female piece, as it receives the male piece.

3 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

Seeing the build, I'm disappointed, it feels like if they took the Chiron's Chassis and put a different Bodywork on it...
I mean : the seats are on the same place, the gearbox is roughly the same, the shifter is the same, Transmission is almost identical, without any improvements (central diff, true reverse and not just a lever to choose from forward-neutral-reverse)
However, adjustable spoiler seems cool 

Well, without sounding pedantic, what did you expect? minor problems aside, the Chirons layout was correct, and considering the drivetrain on the Chiron and Sian are pretty much the same (mid rear engine, AWD), you would end up with the same sort of chassis. Now if lego has managed to work out some of the backlash and fix the sagging suspension, that is about as much as anyone could hope for, short of them designing a while slew of new bespoke gearbox internals solely for this car.

Im trying not to delve into too much of the details, to keep my mind semi unspoiled for when i build it, but chassis/driveline wise, if it is indeed pretty much a tweaked chiron underneath, the only complaint i would have is a lack of some sort of hybrid system.

2 hours ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

I think I’ll buy this set, love the colour and the detail.

Never bought the Chiron but this looks too good to pass up. I’m thinking of waiting for a sale here in Australia but I think that might be too risky, great chance it will be out of stock and I’ll have to buy at full price anyway. 

same here.

I am in the US and I hope to get the Sian as quick as possible online since all the LEGO stores are still closed. I think in the first few hours of going live it will be back-ordered. Tho, LEGO did state there will be a general release in August. But which retailers will have them?

(I've only seen Target carry the Chiron.)

I do have an issue with that $380 price point bringing it to $414 after tax in NY is painful esp. when I've been seeing some comments in this thread stating that the Sian is cheaper than the Chiron in their nations.

But factors such as the frontal design, awesome mechanism to open doors, amazing rims are a few of factors that had me hold of from Chiron which has such a gorgeous interior and rear bumper.

28 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Lol to me the female half of a joint like this was always the one the other part of the joint "goes inside of", and the male half the one that goes inside. I dont care what mounting options the joint has, be it a 12L axle, to me the piece would still be female...

Edited by Gray Gear

1 minute ago, Gray Gear said:

Lol to me the female half of a joint like this was always the one the other part of the joint "goes inside of", and the male half the one that goes inside. I dont care what mounting options the joint has, be it a 12L axle, to me the piece would still be female...

I think I figured it out. It's used for D N R shifter, probably reverse gear.