2 hours ago, Snorrowitz said:

Added to wish list. As soon as it becomes available for actual ordering it's in the bag :)

Maybe even order a second one to paint all the lime pieces in a truly outrageous pearl lime green color. That should be no problem for the ABS parts, don't know how well it will work on the flexible axles though. Anyone knows what material those are made of?

3 minutes ago, steph77 said:

I never had in hand one of those big frame.

Is there a real +value in terms of rigidity or is it just more convenient to build with?

The way it's used here is just convenience. I have never laid my hand on one either, so don't know about rigidity.

5 minutes ago, steph77 said:

I never had in hand one of those big frame.

Is there a real +value in terms of rigidity or is it just more convenient to build with?

It's probably similar but slightly less in rigidity than the old 5x7 frames simply because it's larger. But it should still be much more rigid than anything reasonable that you can build with just simple beams and connectors. Not that the rigidity is essential here, it's just convenient.

6 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

Talking about colours: they considered 8 in total, including the pinki-est pink. They show up in thebackgrounf of the video "LEGO Technic 42115 Lamborghini Sián Design DNA" and Defender-green is in close to the lime.

The final half minute in Uwe's workshop is amazing

They also experimented with the existing fender panels...

Annotation%202020-05-28%20144136.png

On 5/26/2020 at 6:30 PM, I_Igor said:

@Stewen perhaps yellow would be more interesting, but I have found that there was also beautiful lime green classic Miura

128_1_3.jpg

I'm just finishing this. I may have another go at it with the parts from 42115.

49945010511_7d1cec09e6_z.jpg42056 Miura by James Tillson, on Flickr

1 hour ago, ShowsOn said:

Surprisingly it is AUD$570, whereas the Chiron is $600. I think I prefer it to the Chiron.

I'm surprised by this also, we normally get screwed in Australia 

1 hour ago, jensrodi said:

Actually the Chiron's is 3200 in Denmark (Porsche was 2600 for comparison). From the € pricing I was expecting the Lambo to be at least 3300 in Denmark, so I'm quite surprised. And fearing that it is a typo that gets corrected before they open up for purchasing 

Sorry, I mixed up the Chiron's and Liebherr's price tags. You're totally right :classic:

24 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

They also experimented with the existing fender panels...

Annotation%202020-05-28%20144136.png

That dark green car actually looks like an SVJ the doors are different and the body shape is the same

35 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I'm surprised by this also, we normally get screwed in Australia 

Did you also sputter in rage at how good Canada got it with the Chiron, Liebherr, Charger, Defender and the 4x4? They still get it really good with the Sian at $490CAD, although not as good as the Chiron (thank the gods).

I'm low-key delighted whenever the Canadians get screwed on price. It's the small victories that count :tongue:

Edited by Bartybum

overall the model looks very good, but there is nothing realy new and innovative that makes stunning. It is indeed the same as bugatti and using the same gearbox is a bit poor. The time spent developing this model was for the overall design, but not for the functions. So I think the Chiron was more time consuming than the Sian. It feels a bit like a copy, removing negatives aspects like hidden gearbox and stickers.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

They still get it really good with the Sian at $490CAD,

This is still extremely expensive. Prices have been getting much worse in Canada, and the $100 gap between this and the Chiron for just 100 pieces is atrocious.

My focus has shifted from technic back to system over the last year or so but I still expected to pick this up... and I'm torn. It looks great but man, the price. The chiron and 911 ended up near enough 50% off at other retailers, so hopefully this comes down significantly. Not sure whats worse, the hit to my wallet or the OCD shakes from only having 2 out of the 3 :laugh_hard: 

Seeing as it has more parts and the printed parts which much cost more than a sticker sheet the modest price jump from the Chiron seems very reasonable.

Nice that it has mechanical doors and the wing mech is now inside the car.

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

This is still extremely expensive. Prices have been getting much worse in Canada, and the $100 gap between this and the Chiron for just 100 pieces is atrocious.

Nah nah nah, you've got it the wrong way round. The Chiron only costing $400 was the real atrocity here

2 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Ouch the UK price from the Chiron to this is only £20 about $33 Canadian

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

In about two years' time you'll be able to snag it for 33% off secondhand I reckon. That's what I'm seeing with the Chiron now

In the UK, the Chiron hit a low of £175 on black Friday last year @ Amazon. Chiron's will occasionally appear on ebay (used) for the kind of money you can find down the back of the settee - £110 is the lowest I've seen - although lockdown seems to have bolstered Lego prices at the moment. You'll need plenty of patience/luck if you're holding out for those kind of discounts though.

2 hours ago, Valkyx said:

Is the hedgehog at 18:21 included with this set?

I was quite excited about the set a few hours ago, I almost considered buying it (I haven't bought the other two), but seeing the speed-build video was disappointing. The chassis lacks any elegance, maybe it looks worse than the other two UCS cars.

Such a dedicated FKP builder. He later matched his finger's plaster color (which is different tho') with the model ?

42 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

That dark green car actually looks like an SVJ the doors are different and the body shape is the same

I thought so too.

3A87A62A-36EA-45DE-A80F-20B4DDADAE1B.jpeg

I’ll say it again:...

I’m... H...A...P...P...Y... !!!  :sweet:

I Think I am late to the party,

But damn, this is an absolute buy for me 

Whoever said that the packaging is lame with the car on the back was wrong, very wrong. Very cool unboxing experience: