3 minutes ago, steph77 said:

Mielőtt beszélt volna a hibáról, a legjobb az, ha azt először demonstrálja.

A kar alacsony szögének és alacsony forgási sebességének köszönhetően személy szerint azt gondolom, hogy jó működni fog.

BTW, a doboz szivárgása igaz volt, ...

will not

4 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Not an error, perfectly intentional. The springs don't pivot (at least not much) around the blue pins and friction pins reduce slack compared to frictionless.

4 minutes ago, steph77 said:

Before speeking of error, best is to demonstrate it first.

Due to the low angle and the low rotation rate of the lever i personnaly think it will work proprely.

BTW, the box leak was true,...

Exactly! I would say the rear suspension looks very sturdy.

42115-PDP-202003-Block-Standard-5.jpg

What annoys me is that they have used a big long beam inside of the frame. This wastes space which could be used to add more mechanisms or just make it simpler and lighter and even cheaper! and no new diffs or shock absorbers.

12 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Same thing...

No, they are not the same thing at all.

Edited by SNIPE

3 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

What annoys me is that they have used a big long beam inside of the frame. This wastes space which could be used to add more mechanisms or just make it simpler and lighter and even cheaper!

I believe the had to.  I think the pinhole on the DBG frame is filled (pin from 2x4 red L-shaped liftarm) and then needed to secure the other side of the 12 tooth gear.....

Edited by nerdsforprez

If they had learned from the Pimped Up Chiron, they would not have done the gears close to the exhausts.

4221eb4e9c21.jpg

6 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

No, they are not the same thing at all.

There used to be a distinction.. 4wd was very simple and robust, like a landrover. AWD was sophisticated and less agricultural. But these days? That distinction doesn't really exist.. its become more of a marketing term. And the presence of a central diff isn't the difference between them.... but we're into semantics more than anything else here! :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

This appears to be the exact same layout as the Chiron. They haven't learned.

I think the inefficiency/redundancy is intentional at this point. Build-in safety measures for the people who don't build these kind of things alot.

19 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

They haven't learned.

"If it works don't fix it." - engineering mantra.

The Sian reuses the paddle shifter mechanism as well. Probably to cut development time.

I'm usually not too excited about another supercar... I mean, i'm excited cos its a new technic set, and if that doesn't excite you, you're dead!... but i generally prefer construction and agriculture. But this is one mighty fine looking set! I'm much more enthusiastic than i was about the chiron. In a few months, once the price drops i'll probably buy this.. credit where its due, TLG done good.

Plus, once i've built it, looked at it for 1.5 days and taken it to bits, my Xerion V3 will have a lot of lime green parts available!! 

I'll leave this video here as it has some nifty details on the model:

It confirms that there are no stickers and you only have prints. That aside initially I wasn't very excited about the Sian. I would have preferred a Countach or even a Diablo but it looks really cool and has some improvements in functionality over the original Chiron.

No HOG steering as some of us would have hoped (the back of the car would have been an inconspicuous spot for it). I do wonder whether this time when shifting up the engine RPM decreases like in a real car. We do have the 18+ rating this time so a realistic gearbox functionality would be more appropriate for the adult crowd.

Edited by XenoRad

1 minute ago, Appie said:

I think the inefficiency/redundancy is intentional at this point. Build-in safety measures for the people who don't build these kind of things alot.

That would be fine and good it if did not create a functional problem.  In the last two supercars there has been binding/catching in the gearbox that reduces play.  Lets wait for reviews for the real verdict but this inefficiency/redundancy issue is not a mere pedantic nuance, it decreased the quality of play in the prior models....

here too it seems to get stuck so there is a mistake.
It stays on the shelf anyway because it is lime

hiba1.jpg
Edited by Stewen

It may not be a technical leap above the Chiron, but for me it smashes the two previous releases in terms of presence. It is stunning.

6 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

That would be fine and good it if did not create a functional problem.  In the last two supercars there has been binding/catching in the gearbox that reduces play.  Lets wait for reviews for the real verdict but this inefficiency/redundancy issue is not a mere pedantic nuance, it decreased the quality of play in the prior models....

Oh for sure that it decreased the quality of play, but Lego will still build in these safety features for those who don't build these often. And while the Chiron's gearbox is inefficient, it does at least work out of the box. And even the white clutch gear in the Porsche's gearbox prevented not so inclined builders from having real problems with that model. It's sloppy and we hate it, but we aren't the only audience Lego is targetting.

Edited by Appie

@Stewen at first, everything should be fake, now everything is full of flaws...

What's your intention here?

24 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

What annoys me is that they have used a big long beam inside of the frame. This wastes space which could be used to add more mechanisms or just make it simpler and lighter and even cheaper! and no new diffs or shock absorbers.

There are gears underneath that beam in a second large frame.

800x818.jpg

4 minutes ago, Danee said:

@Stewen eleinte mindennek hamisnak kellene lennie, most minden tele van hibákkal ...

Mi a szándéka itt?

that those who will build it together can repair it in advance. can't you see ? I give it a solution.

I think I’ll buy this set, love the colour and the detail.

Never bought the Chiron but this looks too good to pass up. I’m thinking of waiting for a sale here in Australia but I think that might be too risky, great chance it will be out of stock and I’ll have to buy at full price anyway. 

70-80 people browsing this thread at one time is that a record :laugh:

super cars are not my cup of tea but this does look good! 

The guy building this in the vid is definitely the clientele their aiming at huh. Imagine trying to build this on the kitchen table with a hungry toddler or two running about...

8 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

There are gears underneath that beam in a second large frame. 

I never had in hand one of those big frame.

Is there a real +value in terms of rigidity or is it just more convenient to build with?