40 minutes ago, pluisje said:

Brothers brick released one of the design video's (a bit like the podcasts for the Chiron, but with video):

The wheels at 4:43 look way better imo. I think i will paint them glossy black with silver accents as well!

Regarding the price, im positively surprised that over here it is "only" 379, the porsche and bugatti both got a 30 euro pricebump compared to germany

I think around 300 is going to be my "buy now" price, that is what i got the Chiron for, and waiting for lower will eventually pan out, but it will take a long time.

This thing is going to look amazing on display, i fear the Chiron might end up looking a bit pedestrian next to this lime-green viper of a hypercar

I am actually happy with the final model, will buy it for sure. Still waiting for Sariels review. One thing that bothers me is the lack of circulars lamps which can be seen on the real car. Lamborghini Sian 2020 – silnik, moc, cena, technologia

19 minutes ago, suffocation said:

The Porsche's RRP was €299.99; the Chiron's was €369.99. I reckon it should be fairly easy to come by with a 30% discount, so in the €260-270 range.

In Denmark the price tag is 2900 DKK, whereas the Chiron's 3400 DKK. It's a pretty difference when the parts count is almost the same. 

5 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Regarding the price, im positively surprised that over here it is "only" 379, the porsche and bugatti both got a 30 euro pricebump compared to germany

Surprisingly it is AUD$570, whereas the Chiron is $600. I think I prefer it to the Chiron.

1 minute ago, mortenm said:

In Denmark the price tag is 2900 DKK, whereas the Chiron's 3400 DKK. It's a pretty difference when the parts count is almost the same. 

Almost the same? I think it is around 900 pieces difference!

Wow, it's going to be even cheaper than the Bugatti!

Perhaps they use a simple and cheap package (like Defender) to lower the price.

1 minute ago, Jaromir said:

Almost the same? I think it is around 900 pieces difference! 

3599 for the chiron vs 3696 for the Sian

The porsche was somewhere around 2700 i think, but that was a lot cheaper

3 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

3599 for the chiron vs 3696 for the Sian

The porsche was somewhere around 2700 i think, but that was a lot cheaper

I haven't built a 1:8 Technic car, where do the extra ~900 pieces go?  Smaller details? More pins?

@ShowsOn

Probably yes, more connectors and pis. However, Chiron uses much more system pieces, since it has much more detailed interior. Also, Porsche was not nicely covered with panels etc, it looks very spartan and simple, Chiron was huge step in covering and detailing.

2 minutes ago, ShowsOn said:

I haven't built a 1:8 Technic car, where do the extra ~900 pieces go?  Smaller details? More pins?

Transmission got a lot more complex. 

More system pieces to add detail and cover gaps. 

Body sculpting has gotten progressively better each iteration of 1:8 car.

Found another different "Chinese" design. No competition at all to Lego's design! :laugh_hard:

H4c2e60fe590240e5a6beeb3c1e6fb2dcD.jpg

4 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Found another different "Chinese" design. No competition at all to Lego's design! :laugh_hard:

Seems to be a smaller scale like 1:10

4 minutes ago, ShowsOn said:

more details and more complex features, the Chiron has 4 extra gears, a more finished interior and i think the exterior is built up out of more smaller parts.

The Chirons back end (axle, gearbox and engine) felt incredibly dense when building it, more so then the porsche

23 minutes ago, mortenm said:

Actually the Chiron's is 3200 in Denmark (Porsche was 2600 for comparison). From the € pricing I was expecting the Lambo to be at least 3300 in Denmark, so I'm quite surprised. And fearing that it is a typo that gets corrected before they open up for purchasing 

1 minute ago, vectormatic said:

more details and more complex features, the Chiron has 4 extra gears, a more finished interior and i think the exterior is built up out of more smaller parts.

The Chirons back end (axle, gearbox and engine) felt incredibly dense when building it, more so then the porsche

I agree.  In fact, I think that the whole chassis is much denser.  I have both, there really is a large difference and as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Sian chassis looks similar in terms of density.  I can easily see a difference of ~900 pieces between Chiron/Sian and the Porsche.  Also, one must remember that another reason to the density difference (aside from larger, come complex transmissions) is engine size.  Chiron engine, if counting just the large, unwieldly engine block elements was almost 3x as big as the Prsche (6 cylinders versus 16) and the Sian's engine will be double the size.  This crams everything else.....

7 órája, letsbuild mondta:

Nem láttam senkit, hogy rámutasson egy képen látható piros gömbcsukló csapokra: \?  Szélesség = 1600 & imageurl = https% 3a% 2F% 2fwww.lego.com% 2fr% 2fwww% 2fr% 2fportals% 2f-% 2fmedia% 2fcampaigns% 2fgrownup% 2flamborghini% 2flandingpage% 2f16-szuszpenzió-hiteles-function.png .  r% 3d1848494178

Ők újak?

an error is already showing

hiba.jpg

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

42115-PDP-202003-Block-Standard-5.jpg
Seems like a very sturdy gearbox thanks to the large frame. Can't wait to build it.

This appears to be the exact same layout as the Chiron. They haven't learned.

2 minutes ago, Stewen said:

hiba.jpg

Not an error, perfectly intentional. The springs don't pivot (at least not much) around the blue pins and friction pins reduce slack compared to frictionless.

2 minutes ago, Stewen said:

Before speeking of error, best is to demonstrate it first.

Due to the low angle and the low rotation rate of the lever i personnaly think it will work proprely.

BTW, the box leak was true,...

7 minutes ago, Stewen said:

Doesn’t matter. The spring hardly moves anyway.