12 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Acording to Promobricks.de every decoration is a Print

Only parts with Lamborghini logo are prints (including brake part). Others are stickers. Its is clearly visible in the pictures.

3 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Only parts with Lamborghini logo are prints (including brake part). Others are stickers. Its is clearly visible in the pictures.

the engine cover also lamborghini branded, but for me looks like stickrs there

28 minutes ago, pluisje said:

All the pictures are out there now obviously, but does anyone have an idea when the actual annoucement will be? I assume it won't be a big show as with the Chiron two years ago, but I'm sure they'll do something more than just make the information available on Lego.com...

3pm CET on Thursdays is a favourite time for press releases.

24 minutes ago, allanp said:

I can't see me buying it now I'm afraid.

You´ll get sucked in by a free promo or a discount at some point down the line!!!!

34 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Just below the steering wheel you can see a CV joint which looks like it could be in the door I think there could be some mechanism for the doors but i don't think its spring loaded.

That's not inside the door, that's inside the central column. The driver is on the left -- it's not a British car! :laugh_hard:

18 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

3pm CET on Thursdays is a favourite time for press releases.

You´ll get sucked in by a free promo or a discount at some point down the line!!!!

Well, I dunno. When I add up what we get from this car over the Chiron, we do get (in my opinion) a much better looking front and side view, but not so good rear end. We get a window to see the gearbox, but it's still the same old unrealistic style of gearbox and colour coding so I'm not sure I even want to see it! The opening doors will probably be a cool detail (unless it's a space shuttle, opening doors are not a notable feature IMHO) and the suspension is probably better. How much is that worth to me? £180 tops, if I'm really board and there's nothing else to do. If it had a realistic gearbox that would have been worth RRP no problem. If I didn't have the Chiron already then it might be worth more to me than £180. But the Chiron sold so many copies that I would think that a lot of people that might buy this have the Chiron already. I think it will sell well but it'll be on it's looks alone, which is a real shame for a big flagship Technic set.

Edited by allanp

For be it's by far the prettiest from the three UCS sets. This doesn't look like an overly huge brick.

Just don't look too much at the real car… Only the easily recognizable parts (front lights, maybe rear light) make it recognizable.

2 minutes ago, Lipko said:

Only the easily recognizable parts (front lights, maybe rear light) make it recognizable.

To be fair, caricaturish look is better then the "exact" replica that would have 5000+ pieces, half of which are tiny system plates with wild angles. Model has to have right proportions and to be instantly recognizable. And it is!

Seems like a good improvement over the Bugatti, though not as big of a leap as Bugatti was over Porsche. I like the way they stacked the new frames to create a structural support for the rear which also holds the gearbox. The pushrod suspension is also a very good improvement and should be able to support the weight better. From the provided photos I do not see a central differential, so I hope they didn't skip it like in the Bugatti. Overall it seems like the best supercar to date.

I don't see a center differential here so I think its 4wd not AWD

Just a few hours... but all the secrecy and fancy announcement is broken by a cached website. 

The worst, that could happen at this release. I feel sorry for them. 

@agrof i totally agree.

We shouldn't forget that a lot of people at TLG worked hard for this set, but at the end, they leaked it by their own.

I don't want to be that guy who launched the website too soon ..... 

Edited by Danee

7 minutes ago, agrof said:

Just a few hours... but all the secrecy and fancy announcement is broken by a cached website. 

The worst, that could happen at this release. I feel sorry for them. 

I don't think It's as bad as it was with Bugatti, not even close. Where stores broke the date and so on.

54 minutes ago, astyanax said:

That's not inside the door, that's inside the central column. The driver is on the left -- it's not a British car! :laugh_hard:

Ah yes your right :roflmao: but it will be right hand drive once I get it as I do that to all my cars.

so they have change the layout of the gear shifter a bit from the Chiron.

First of all the designer is Uwe and he is shy in front of camera. Second there is stil Corona alert everywhere. I do not expect any big reveal event like two years before.

1 minute ago, Valkyx said:

Why blue friction pins in the suspension again...

The only blue pins in the rear suspension are on the springs which don't really rotate much at all. And I guess there's 1 black pin on the rear stabiliser arm.

Everything else is axles or non-friction pins.

Nice to see lever-action doors and rear spoiler. The rear suspension pops up nicely by the looks, and the front is same design so presumably they've fixed the obvious problems the Chiron had there. Seems improvements all around?

Just now, JonathanM said:

The only blue pins in the rear suspension are on the springs which don't really rotate much at all. And I guess there's 1 black pin on the rear stabiliser arm.

Everything else is axles or non-friction pins.

Well good point, after looking more into it only springs are on the blue ones. I just hope the same fk up as it was with bugatti wont happen. Had to change the pins to nonfriction ones to fix the suspension.