8 minutes ago, Prokan said:

website LEGO

Dude, these exact pictures were posted few pages back, couldn't you check that? Anyway, it looks awesome

Oh, and the door mechanism seems to be built in such a way that the mirror stays level for the whole range of motion, which is pretty neat feature!

Around the taillights we get the old formula1 style wishbone in lime, at least 4 of them... that's a new color to this piece

I noticed:

- a mechanism for the rear wing go up and down

- Mechansim to open the doors (angled parts next to the seats are connected until the rear of the cockpit and accessible via the engine window)

- Suspensions with the correspondingly lever setup of Lambo

-Cleaned paddelshifter with more credible space for driver's leg

Edited by steph77

Ok, so it looks amazing, best LOOKING Technic set ever, but mechanically it just doesn't cut it for me. The main mechanics of any car is the driveline and it appears that it's using the same old weaker diff, small CV joints and unrealistic, convoluted style of gear box as every other Technic car, with no new gearbox parts that I can see. The steering also looks to be the same with small steering arms giving that spongy, low quality feel, and the steering wheel is once again not angled up towards the driver. Maybe the suspension works a little better this time, but that's not enough.

TL;DR The mechanics of this car (what Technic is supposed to be about) does not represent enough of a step forward in authenticity over the Chiron to justify it's price tag, so I'm out.

Now that full model has been revealed, I guess we can say tge Sian has finally...

...stepped into the Limelight!!!

#pun

:grin:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I think I know exactly what it is that I don't like about the back:

1. The middle piece on the tail lights gives them this weird split look that isn't in the real car. I think two 1x1 half circle tiles would've been a better choice (although obvs not perfect).
  2. The tail fins are far too tall, and they don't sweep inwards as they move down the bumper. Luckily the height looks as easy to fix as removing one of the beams along its height.
  3. The whole rear bumper isn't swept enough compared to the real car, making it look really disproportionate at the back, especially towards the bottom. The diffuser isn't swept at all, and top of it even sticks out, completely unlike the real model. The curved panel really doesn't belong at all. I think that might be why we haven't gotten a closeup pic of the back from the side yet.
  4. The paneling right behind the rear wheels isn't wedge shaped at all, and is far too vertical.

This is a photo of the real car's rear quarters:

CrNIzgC.png

I don't think TLC's done a good enough job to make me want to throw down $600AUD+ for it :look: It's been shown that the lower back and rear quarters can be done better:

VeSzQb2.png

Edited by Bartybum

Nice model but if you have the Chiron then you have 95% of this already. Main changes are the better doors and front suspension and a couple of new panels.

Of course TLG know that people who have the 911 and Chiron will buy this anyway but i would say it´s less of a step forward mechanically than the Chiron was from the 911 and we need to wait for reviews to see of the execution is better e.g. less friction, no sagging suspension.

Edited by valenciaeric

I like it, but think will wait a bit and get when a bit less money, I do find it strange how MOC and others can usually do a better job with mods after etc, but I guess each element on this is done down to a price etc.  I have not ever modded any of mine but can see the appeal.

Im wondering what the dimensions will be. But we will know this day, because LEGO will announce it today

1 hour ago, Prokan said:

1d2eb4833bb3.jpg

I can see this suspension design could cause some issues - misalign that 3L thin liftarm and your suspension won't articulate at all, or could make a clicking sound touch it everytime.

On a positive note - this set is a perfect parts pack. Unlike Chiron, this set seems to feature a ton of common pieces in Lime.

30 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I think I know exactly what it is that I don't like about the back:

1. The middle piece on the tail lights gives them this weird split look that isn't in the real car. I think two 1x1 half circle tiles would've been a better choice (although obvs not perfect).
  2. The tail fins are far too tall, and they don't sweep inwards as they move down the bumper. Luckily the height looks as easy to fix as removing one of the beams along its height.
  3. The whole rear bumper isn't swept enough compared to the real car, making it look really disproportionate at the back, especially towards the bottom. The diffuser isn't swept at all, and top of it even sticks out, completely unlike the real model. The curved panel really doesn't belong at all. I think that might be why we haven't gotten a closeup pic of the back from the side yet.
  4. The paneling right behind the rear wheels isn't wedge shaped at all, and is far too vertical.

This is a photo of the real car's rear quarters:

CrNIzgC.png

I don't think TLC's done a good enough job to make me want to throw down $600AUD+ for it :look: It's been shown that the lower back and rear quarters can be done better:

VeSzQb2.png

I have to agree - not completely sold on the rear of the car. 

The exhaust looks like its completely  missing in the photos 

The logo on the lime 2x2 tile in the back is a print, we can asume that alll Lambo logos are prints, and all others are stickers.

At the long picture taking the model apart it seems that there is the Defender Wheelarch in lime on the right side, but i can't spot them in the model.

22 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I gotta say the rear is the sore point (*huh*) for me too. Also the area with the Lambo sticker + panels looks like it should be one stud higher, now it's just kinda hovering. The rest of the car I really enjoy.

11 minutes ago, lee1980 said:

I like it, but think will wait a bit and get when a bit less money, I do find it strange how MOC and others can usually do a better job with mods after etc, but I guess each element on this is done down to a price etc.  I have not ever modded any of mine but can see the appeal.

I did the Pimp My Porsche mods to the 42056 straight away on first build but I have to say I enjoy building with the official instructions leaflet more. It's just so zen. Plus I don't have to hunt for the extra parts and can go by the bag numbers. Then again, the mods were great soooo... 

33 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Nice model but if you have the Chiron then you have this at 90% already. Main changes are the better doors and front suspension and a couple of new panels.

Of course TLG know that people who have the 911 and Chiron will buy this anyway but i would say it´s less of a step forward mechanically than the Chiron was from the 911 and we need to wait for reviews to see of the execution is better e.g. less friction, no sagging suspension.

The same thing can be said about tons of previous technic sets, pretty much every set has something it builds on, and is only a marginal step up from in terms of features.

If they fixed the suspension setup in this design, and reduced the gearbox backlash significantly, ill be one happy camper, even if there are no real new featues (and honestly, its not like the chiron was a revolutionary design)

3 minutes ago, Surffikoira said:

I did the Pimp My Porsche mods to the 42056 straight away on first build but I have to say I enjoy building with the official instructions leaflet more. It's just so zen. Plus I don't have to hunt for the extra parts and can go by the bag numbers. Then again, the mods were great soooo... 

The sheer amount of work of building the chiron out of one big pile is part of what is keeping me from pimping it, i did the porsche in pimp spec straight away, and honestly, i like it better then the chiron currently, as the features work better, and it has more detail. Im stuck with the same dilemma on the defender...

Edited by vectormatic

4 hours ago, BrickJohn said:

7bvIsBe.png

Just below the steering wheel you can see a CV joint which looks like it could be in the door I think there could be some mechanism for the doors but i don't think its spring loaded.

All the pictures are out there now obviously, but does anyone have an idea when the actual annoucement will be? I assume it won't be a big show as with the Chiron two years ago, but I'm sure they'll do something more than just make the information available on Lego.com...

Looks pretty. They've gone for the same offset diff that they did on the Chiron (1 stud below axle centre). Probably to allow the gearbox to squeeze under the engine.

And seems there's a drive shaft through to the front wheels, so AWD?

Edited by JonathanM

44 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Of course TLG know that people who have the 911 and Chiron will buy this anyway

I can't see me buying it now I'm afraid.

But Promobricks.de only suspects this in relation to the published photos. Maybe the product images are just retouched for marketing purposes and we still get stickers.

On promobricks.de they say:

Scissor doors are a signature feature of Lamborghini and recreating their smooth movement was critical to replicate the authentic Sián FKP 37. LEGO® Technic™ designers worked tirelessly to achieve the effortless push-button operation that opens the model doors.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Now that full model has been revealed, I guess we can say tge Sian has finally...

...stepped into the Limelight!!!

#pun

:grin:

Yes! All our lime dreams come true

34 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

At the long picture taking the model apart it seems that there is the Defender Wheelarch in lime on the right side, but i can't spot them in the model.

I think it's the new panel upside down

11 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Acording to Promobricks.de every decoration is a Print:wub:

for me seems the outside elements and calipers are printed (maybe the dashboard too), but the engine cover seems me stickres