2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Apparently it uses the same paddle shifter mechanism as the Chiron. It works well anyway, so I dont see the reason to change that.

04-attention-to-detail-image-n.png?l.r=7

Part of the door machanism is visible - looks to me like they'll use a 6L link to push the door upwards.

I'd love if someone could do a quick colour change on it so we could see how it would've looked in Defender green

Edited by Bartybum

10 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Am i the only one who is terribly amused by the fact they made the carbon fibre x brace on top of the engine out of freaking flex axles?

Otherwise it all looks good, should be an entertaining build and one hell of a display piece

They used 7L soft axles. So, seems like they didn't want to bring back a 7L axle in black. 

_________

It appears that there is a lever mechanism to open the doors. Quite reminds me to the mechanism present on the Ferrari Enzo built coincidentally by Uwe 

2 minutes ago, Jonfensu said:

They used 7L soft axles. So, seems like they didn't want to bring back a 7L axle in black. 

Well how about using 2L axle connectors in the middle? Then a normal 8L axle in black could be used...I dont get why they would do this....

Great Modell so far-and there seem to be no stickers-looks all like prints even in the official pictures...

20 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I'd love if someone could do a quick colour change on it so we could see how it would've looked in Defender green

Here's a quick one. Don't have the Defender so had to rely on a picture.

efHnLuw.jpg

Edited by Surffikoira

Just now, Bartybum said:

Thanks, oh man I think I like that more than lime

I thought exactly the opposite :D

Especially if the models are placed next to each other.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The roof in the model doesnt look like the roof in the real car.

7D042A4C-8B46-4534-9AE4-DC14455BD67B.jpeg.ef21f9ec9f3e027fe75f10efe92e0830.jpeg

EEG_NNSUYAQDD2J.jpg

The engine bay is opened in the picture, IMHO.

Most probably, the model will have a removable hood instead of an openable one.

49 minutes ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

I think the recolour was first featured in 42099.

...or in 42096 Porsche...:wink:

So many new pages in this forum during the night, wow! I expected new 11x15 frames, but man, that giant hole in the bottom :laugh: So good.

It really looks like we'll be having a LOT of prints this time, or some pictures were edited to hide sides of stickers, which is also a possibility. Can't wait to have it finally.

38 minutes ago, Prokan said:

be818cafa6cb.jpg

So that's clearly not a marketing photo from lego.com, do you have the set built already?

@ibessonov the rear 2x2 tile already looks like a sticker to me tbh... Zoom in on it, there are some edges visible where a sticker would end. Cant see it well though.

21 minutes ago, Amaalecule said:

I love it. One question is what happened to those exhaust ports though ?

I thought the same thing, what is that?

1 minute ago, Akbalder said:

The rear spoiler doesn't seem to be at the same height in every photos.

Oh me oh my. You're right!!! Yay for adjustable spoilers! Wonder how the mechanism will work

10 minutes ago, kbalage said:

So that's clearly not a marketing photo from lego.com, do you have the set built already?

Source might be:

Video contains images of the MK model and other stuff, too.

4 minutes ago, Prokan said:

website LEGO 

bb1ced56f1e4.jpg

20ee2f9bca28.jpg

53da887814ac.jpg

1d2eb4833bb3.jpg

4221eb4e9c21.jpg

eea45d127ab5.jpg

Wow. Liking this more and more. Which is great cause I didn't really appreciate the SIAN to begin with, but I may be in love by the time this build is over

Sorry to veer off from the discussion about the Lambo, but I had to comment on this:

6 hours ago, boat2903 said:

Looks awesome! 

I think you're right. I'm guessing the dashboard will have a sticker. There is also the Lamborghini logo on the front of the hood and there are also stickers on the two headrests. (You can't see that on the picture above, but you can on the image of the box in the first post).

To me that's a bit like saying that the colour grey has an identity crisis, because it's neither white nor black. How is the Bugatti Chiron any less of a Technic set than the 8448 Super Street Sensation? (I'm comparing those two, because they are the only two Technic cars I own.)

I think of the Technic sets more as a range with various degrees of complexity from one set to the next. I don't think it's fair to compare a car to a truck with a pneumatic crane arm. If I bought a Technic heavy equipment set, I would buy it for its functions. If I bought a Technic car, I would buy it more for its looks and I wouldn't expect the same complexity. For example, to me the 8880 Super Car looks absolutely hideous and I never considered getting it, even though I've seen many people say it's their favourite of the three early Technic "super cars" because of its complexity. And remote control on a car is boring. I already know how to operate a car or a forklift. Having said that, I do hope one day Lego will make a remote controlled backhoe or something like that so that I could try operating something I probably wouldn't get to operate otherwise (even if it's on a smaller scale). I considered buying the Liebherr R 9800, but it's too much of a niche machine for my taste. I would probably buy something more generic like a regular backhoe or an excavator if it had similar RC functions.

You can't really compare the looks of the Bugatti and 8448 because the latter is not based on any real car. Bodywork on Bugatti was by no means bad, but to me it's pretty obvious that it could've been improved my mixing in System parts for reproducing the subtle curves, while using Technic panels to cover larger areas where appropriate. This problem is btw. much more visible in Dom's Charger; while it's not a supercar set, it would've really benefitted from System parts in the bodywork.

8880 was the first car with an actual bodywork, and it was sensational at the time. But things have moved on since then, and this trope is in full effect here: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny.

For me Technic was always about functions, and it's indeed true, that a car set can only have so many functions to reproduce so they don't make a good comparison to construction machinery and such. In the beginning of the Technic line the car chassis sets had their place simply because they reproduced functions not yet seen anywhere else, but after 8880 there has been very little in the way of new functionality in Technic car sets. The pushrod suspension in 8458 and the gear shifters of Porsche and Bugatti count but I'm not aware of any other really innovative functions since 8880 and that doesn't seem like very much of development for 25 years. For these reasons I feel sets depicting a real car would be better represented in Creator Expert line, as functions are not at focus like in other Technic sets and better bodywork is possible when there's no need to limit it to mostly Technic.

---

As for the Sian...

I must say I generally like the looks, especially the rear. The colour is good for what it is, but I don't find lime that useful for wider use, though other suspected colours like metallic green would've been even less useful (and the metal there is a coating which wears off eventually, which is bad). I still don't like that much of what they did with the headlights, but I'm not sure how to make a better one either, barring a new part.

I don't think I'm going to get it though, the price is just too much (not that I couldn't afford it but for me it's just not a good value for the money) and I don't like to spend money on sets where most parts are useless to me (namely the lime parts).