So.... no new transmission or driving-related part? only new panel and wheel?

I skipped the 42056 and 42083, but I think this one has finally convinced me to take the plunge ... Still gonna wait for a review though, not gonna buy it on day one without a review.

2 minutes ago, GenericMIKE said:

uh its always been like 4k pieces 2 largest set

6 hours ago, Wimmer said:

I looked up the difference in part count between the Bugatti and this coming Lambo; it’s less than 100 pieces, and probably most of them are connectors I’m guessing. 
So I think it’s fair to say that they are the same size; in size and also in parts count. The opening doors might need some extra pins to be solid ?...

Read this whole thread and all references to part count say 3696, not 3969. 

2 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

Correct, that makes the part count between Lamborghini and Bugatti less then 100 different. 

3 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

nah no need I looked at other outside sources so i wasnt too surprised

Just now, Wimmer said:

Correct, that makes the part count between Lamborghini and Bugatti less then 100 different. 

I'm confused. The Chiron is 3599, the Sian is 3969...a difference of 370. Right? Am I missing something? Really not trying to be obtuse here.

2 minutes ago, GenericMIKE said:

nah no need I looked at other outside sources so i wasnt too surprised

I wasn't telling you to read the thread, I meant I had read the whole thread, but it didn't come out that way. Wasn't trying to be bossy. lol, sorry.

6 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

I'm confused. The Chiron is 3599, the Sian is 3969...a difference of 370. Right? Am I missing something? Really not trying to be obtuse here.

I wasn't telling you to read the thread, I meant I had read the whole thread, but it didn't come out that way. Wasn't trying to be bossy. lol, sorry.

Bugatti is 3599. The Sian is not 3969 but instead 3696 parts...

I’m not sure what the box art said of the Sian box images earlier in the thread. 
I would be surprised if it had that many more parts anyways ?...

Edited by Wimmer

2 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

sorry i apologize as well, i tend to come off a**holey via text.

im just excited to get the set in person. im impressed with the initial images. cant wait for june 1!

32 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I’m sold... LEGO; you can have my money again !
 Definitely getting one, but maybe even two sets... I did so with the Porsche as well.

Awesome looking model; by far the best of the three (which makes sense because they should get better every time !)

“...I’m,...H...A...P...P...Y...”  :drool:

Opening door, hood, steering, transmission paddle shift and then?! Another display set

Sound like we repeating get previously and eventually SOLD again the money for next same thing

Come on.. it’s just another pile of ABS plastic

Many people lost their job & income after the pandemic, €380 definitely can do alot useful things & helpful for your family....

I would then save the €280 and put my whole stack €99 on the cement mixer ?

12 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Bugatti is 3599. The Sian is not 3969 but instead 3696 parts...

The cached lego page they're getting all these images from has this text...I can't imagine they'd let it get to this stage of publishing without this HUGE mistake being caught, unless it isn't a mistake.

PKPLdR7.png

Edited by mkbryant

2 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Opening door, hood, steering, transmission paddle shift and then?! Another display set

Sound like we repeating get previously and eventually SOLD again the money for next same thing

Many people lost their job & income after the pandemic, €380 definitely can do alot useful things & helpful for your family....

It’s true that a lot of people lost their job. I work as an engineer in healthcare, so I still have a job.  Also a job that could be dangerous.  Both my wife and I still get paid normally and are on the frontline doing so; so I think I’m allowed to spent, when I still can. 

But I do agree with you otherwise. If the job was gone I would not buy this one; better yet, I would, and probably had to, be selling my other sets as well. 

Hope you stay healthy as well...

4 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

The cached lego page they're getting all these images from has this text...I can't imagine they'd let it get to this stage of publishing without this HUGE mistake being caught, unless it isn't a mistake.

PKPLdR7.png

Interesting.  Ok, sorry, maybe you’re right. I could definitely be wrong; it happened before... :wink:

On 5/21/2020 at 7:01 AM, LvdH said:

800x897.jpg

Full size: https://bricksafe.com/files/LvdH/44C60050-44CE-450F-A434-BC3E0B55D7E0.jpeg

Interesting choice to use the bonnet of the real car as front box art.

7 minutes ago, BrickJohn said:

It's a typo. 

Well I'll be. Box does say 3696. I can't believe they'd have a typo on a page that obviously has been uploaded and was already live at one point. You'd think they would have edited and reviewed that page loads of times before it got anywhere near the actual server.

The front looks really nice, but I'm not sold on the proportions of the back half - I've seen better

Edited by Bartybum

40 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

That pile of ABS plastic is the reason we are all here, talking about it over and over again. And you're right, that's a lot of money to drop on something that just sits there, looking pretty, especially in these tough times. But, considering there is nowhere to go, nothing to do, no trips and no gas I'm spending money on, I figure this is a pretty good way to pass the time, yeah? 

I think of it as self-care, and damnit I will get this wonderful pile of ABS :grin: I think it looks fantastic. There hasn't been a big Lego Technic car I've really, really wanted. I can't wait to see all its features!

Edited by moebiusfactor

I haven't seen anyone point out the red ball-joint pins that can be seen in this picture:?width=1600&imageUrl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.lego.com%2fr%2fwww%2fr%2fportals%2f-%2fmedia%2fcampaigns%2fgrownup%2flamborghini%2flandingpage%2f16-suspension-authentic-function.png%3fl.r%3d1848494178\

Are they new?

Just now, letsbuild said:

I haven't seen anyone point out the red ball-joint pins that can be seen in this picture:?width=1600&imageUrl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.lego.com%2fr%2fwww%2fr%2fportals%2f-%2fmedia%2fcampaigns%2fgrownup%2flamborghini%2flandingpage%2f16-suspension-authentic-function.png%3fl.r%3d1848494178\

Are they new?

I've seen them in Dom's Charger set, and haven't seen them in anything else before, so I assume they were new too. Before they were just black, and I think grey before that.

22-video-thumb.png?l.r=681262184

I think it looks amazing. States there will be pushrod suspension as well

Edited by SheldonF

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The roof in the model doesnt look like the roof in the real car.

7D042A4C-8B46-4534-9AE4-DC14455BD67B.jpeg.ef21f9ec9f3e027fe75f10efe92e0830.jpeg

EEG_NNSUYAQDD2J.jpg

There's not a cover you can take off to display the engine bay? 

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

04-attention-to-detail-image-n.png?l.r=7

Still using the good ol' engine pieces. I see 3 7*11 frames and that's a lot of angles in the mid-body (behind the seats). This is definitely a good parts pack!

There is. Just unsure if it's a hinge or just snapped in place. But there is a cover with the black wings. 

Am i the only one who is terribly amused by the fact they made the carbon fibre x brace on top of the engine out of freaking flex axles?

Otherwise it all looks good, should be an entertaining build and one hell of a display piece

18 minutes ago, moebiusfactor said:

I've seen them in Dom's Charger set, and haven't seen them in anything else before, so I assume they were new too. Before they were just black, and I think grey before that.

I think the recolour was first featured in 42099.