8 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

<snip>

TL;DR: I think there is a fundamental identity problem with these UCS cars: what are they’re for? If they are scale models for display, I would expect more modelling accuracy in proportions, colour and details (like the Creator sets do). If they are play sets, they should have more and more visible functions and a definitely a lower price tag (like most Technic sets).

End of party pooper mode.

You're putting into words the thoughts I've had about UCS cars too. For me they don't feel technical and functional enough to warrant Technic branding, but they don't look nearly as good reproduction of the real thing as Creator expert vehicles either.

In my opinion TLG should make them a mix between Technic and Creator expert: use Technic pieces for the chassis and functions and System parts for accurate reproduction of the exterior.

24 minutes ago, SamuelYsc said:

hope I am not too late

c591350828381f30235b15c4be014c086f06f058.jpg

What does the Chinese print say?

I do not like that gap between the flex axle and front lights :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Jonfensu

5 minutes ago, Jonfensu said:

I do not like that gap between the flex axle and front lights :hmpf_bad:

Not a fan of it either but I am hoping that it is just the angle that makes it look bad.

Ian...

Aren’t there a rear view photo from where this photo came from ??

26 minutes ago, BrickJohn said:

Did they? I have yet to see any physical build of the Chinese version. Until that time I remain suspicious of whether they actually put that version in production...

Edited by astyanax

17 minutes ago, AMX said:

Aren’t there a rear view photo from where this photo came from ??

I did some research and it came from Baidu, but it's the only photo I can find. 

11 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Did they? I have yet to see any physical build of the Chinese version. Until that time I remain suspicious of whether they actually put that version in production...

I have, and it's worse than you thought.

Ok, so it looks like the fancy DRL “Y” are probably GITD alright; they are just round pieces stuck inside some eye pieces. 

And they look suspiciously white, so I think they are GITD ?...

And looking at the doors; I guess we don’t get them “finished” like the Bugatti; it’s all Technic beam I see there, and nothing smooth with stickers...

Fits the Lamborghini’s race car name better than the “posh” Bugatti, but it’s a little of a downside ?...

Edited by Wimmer

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I'm kind of glad they didn't go with the metallic green. I personally don't like how it looks on the real car so glad they didn't do it on the set. I do like the lime green; it's "shouty" which is very reflective of Lamborghinis in general. I'd have preferred it in orange, but we already have the Porsche in orange, so they couldn't do another orange car again; makes sense. 

Last night I had a thought (I know, it was so ridiculous, I chuckled out loud to myself) that what if Lego went full-out and made the Sian RC? I know, I know, lol. It's near impossible; even without any fancy PF features, it's still going to be stupidly expensive. BUT... Lego knows their market better now. These are going to be mostly adults buying this thing, which means price can be stretched out further into astronomical realms; I mean, if they can charge close to $1,000 for a Star Destroyer (which is out of stock, currently), what's stopping them from doing the same with a set like this? Again, I'm pretty much 100% sure it won't have any electronics whatsoever, but it's not totally impossible, given AFOLs are running at them with money all the time, and I also like to dream ;) 

Ugh one day away seems so far away :( 

very interesting when, my lepin link moderated and deleted immediately. even my post.

11 minutes ago, moebiusfactor said:

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I'm kind of glad they didn't go with the metallic green. I personally don't like how it looks on the real car so glad they didn't do it on the set. I do like the lime green; it's "shouty" which is very reflective of Lamborghinis in general. I'd have preferred it in orange, but we already have the Porsche in orange, so they couldn't do another orange car again; makes sense. 

Last night I had a thought (I know, it was so ridiculous, I chuckled out loud to myself) that what if Lego went full-out and made the Sian RC? I know, I know, lol. It's near impossible; even without any fancy PF features, it's still going to be stupidly expensive. BUT... Lego knows their market better now. These are going to be mostly adults buying this thing, which means price can be stretched out further into astronomical realms; I mean, if they can charge close to $1,000 for a Star Destroyer (which is out of stock, currently), what's stopping them from doing the same with a set like this? Again, I'm pretty much 100% sure it won't have any electronics whatsoever, but it's not totally impossible, given AFOLs are running at them with money all the time, and I also like to dream ;) 

Ugh one day away seems so far away :( 

I suppose they could but pretty much every single set that has included RC has been robbed of any and all sense of mechanical authenticity just to include RC. There's no real reason why that has to be the case but that's just how it's always been. And I think for these super duper Technic sets the idea is to be a mechanical representation of the real thing above being RC. It could be both but I guess that would make it too expensive. 

11 minutes ago, Stewen said:

very interesting when, my lepin link moderated and deleted immediately. even my post.

Mods and admins have lives too you know? You just happened to post it right before one checked this thread :wink: 

16 minutes ago, allanp said:

I suppose they could but pretty much every single set that has included RC has been robbed of any and all sense of mechanical authenticity just to include RC. There's no real reason why that has to be the case but that's just how it's always been. And I think for these super duper Technic sets the idea is to be a mechanical representation of the real thing above being RC. It could be both but I guess that would make it too expensive. 

Makes sense. There's a lot that goes into a set to be authentic, RC, and realistically-functional. I've yet to achieve this myself after more than 20 years of building Technic. 

I’m an old man so forgive me;... but do we know where the reveal of the set is at ?

Is it just at the website, LEGO.com, internet,... where exactly ?

I’m confused... (...and even older now...)

:innocent: