7 minutes ago, astyanax said:

I feel ya. I've always been amazed (maybe even skeptical) of the build times reported by @Sariel in his review videos. 7.5h to build the Bugatti Chiron? Even 6.5h for the Bucket Wheel a Excavator? That just boggles my mind! *huh*

You must be confused with his speed build :laugh: (just kidding)

7 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Yeah, and that means at least 2-3 days (preferably a weekend). I remember publishing the Defender review video ~24 hours after receiving the set, that didn't include too much sleep and I was totally useless for a couple of days. 

That's no fun at all.

Anyway....reviews take a lot of time to do right. Let's go back to discussing the Sian.

I wonder if they'll include a podcast that goes with each building stage, just as with the Chiron.

2 minutes ago, Stephan said:

I wonder if they'll include a podcast that goes with each building stage, just as with the Chiron.

They will throw everything they can in there to justify the price

Just now, Bartelas said:

They will throw everything they can in there to justify the price

I hope so. I really enjoyed the immersive building experience of the Chiron with the podcast on.  

I wonder what they did with the steering wheel, I hope that they are putting the steering wheel in a little angle. Like the original cars

0FF8B1BD-862A-4F4A-A483-157A4929ACD4.jpeg

Edited by Remco Lego

4 hours ago, kbalage said:

Yeah, and that means at least 2-3 days (preferably a weekend). I remember publishing the Defender review video ~24 hours after receiving the set, that didn't include too much sleep and I was totally useless for a couple of days. 

Totally possible, but you need to remember that's really not a relaxed build for fun, that's more like working :sweet:

That's why I write "working hours", it must very hurry to make those review.
I almost watched all of your videos, as also a media worker I understand your pain...
Building Lego is fun but not work for lego...

4 hours ago, Remco Lego said:

I wonder what they did with the steering wheel, I hope that they are putting the steering wheel in a little angle. Like the original cars

0FF8B1BD-862A-4F4A-A483-157A4929ACD4.jpeg

BTW, that looks like pin connector hubs in lime...

250x250p.jpg

6 minutes ago, astyanax said:

BTW, that looks like pin connector hubs in lime...

250x250p.jpg

Yeah i saw that too

Have seen a video about the recent pics of the FKP 37 on YouTube. The video has brighter pics. Those who claim or are confused as to whether those "stuffs" with holes are instruction manuals or not, I can confirm you those are actually the instruction manuals, kept side by side. Initially I also thought those are just the bottom surface as we saw holes in it. That's not the case. Play it, pause on 1:04.

Edited by thekoRngear

40 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Lime will always be the CLAAS color, not Lamborghini color.

I smell salt :tongue: it is what it is, who knows how time will tell

47 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Damn, new supercar is released and the only MOCers that like the color are the tractor guys :laugh_hard: :wall:

First moc I thought of was a UK police car, which I shall call the blanket, I'll leave you to guess why :devil:

Just my two cents on likely functions for the Sian:

• Transmission similar to the Chiron yet different, such as a 7+R transmission without the DNR selector. Maybe some new components but keeping the same inefficient design philosophy.
  • Obligatory flappy paddles with a third design different from the Porsche and Chiron
  • One additional mechanical feature such as an extending wing, fancy doors, or adjustable suspension

About the suspension, I doubt we'll see accurate or well-working suspension for the following reasons:

1. Limited part selection.  Real-life vehicles use highly irregular and custom-shaped parts to achieve correct geometry and fit the parts together.
  2. Space constraints.  The space available for suspension parts is usually very tight, and Lego parts come in fixed sizes that are often too large for the scale, increasing the difficulty.  This ties in with reason 1. Also, in order for the large 81.6 x 44 wheels to have a reasonable steering angle, the front suspension arms need to be narrow, further constraining the space.
  3. Stiffness.  Lego springs come in only a few shapes and stiffnesses, so the mounting point is usually moved outward to increase stiffness, which is difficult given the limited space.  Pushrods can solve part of this problem, but they add slack and the links tend to bend and shift instead of compressing the springs.

MOCer's have come up with many ingenious suspension solutions, but that doesn't negate the basic problem.  That said it would be nice to be proved wrong when the Sian is officially released.

I think the exterior design does a good job representing the looks of the original, especially in lime, but it just doesn't scream iconic to me the way the Porsche and Chiron did.  Maybe that's because I'm not a Lamborghini fan though.

46 minutes ago, lmdesigner42 said:

About the suspension, I doubt we'll see accurate or well-working suspension.

One solution for adjustable ride height might be to use the ducatti shocks mounted to a T beam. the middle beam hole is mounted to the chassis and lets the T beam pivot. the end hole mounts the shock and the other end hole mounts the end of a mini LA. But as you said it might still not be reliable or legal.

The other end of the shock of course goes to a suspention arm and the other end of the LA goes to the chassis and maybe some knob wheels to sync the left and right wheel ride height.

rear axle ride height can just be the same as above but independantly controlled compared to the front axle ride height but lambos only have a nose raising feature as of the murcialago onwards at least.

Edited by SNIPE
LEGO!

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Damn, new supercar is released and the only MOCers that like the color are the tractor guys :laugh_hard: :wall:

Don't forget that there are also combine harvesters in this color :laugh: ...besides that Lamborghini was tractor builder even before Miura and is today

5c27a90b3ac4e2635a4bb0e6d14f86ff.png&w=5

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

To you it might be; but not to anyone who doesn’t have that set, or is too young to know the set ?....

:wink:  I’m 54 myself and I don’t know the CLAAS at all. Wasn’t that a huge tractor ?

4 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

To you it might be; but not to anyone who doesn’t have that set, or is too young to know the set ?....

:wink:  I’m 54 myself and I don’t know the CLAAS at all. Wasn’t that a huge tractor ?

42054 from 2016. Based on the CLAAS Xerion 5000 TRAC VC variant. There was a micro version released this year. Own at least one.

15 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

42054 from 2016. Based on the CLAAS Xerion 5000 TRAC VC variant. There was a micro version released this year. Own at least one.

Yup. 1976 parts and weighs 2.8 kg.  I remember not having the money for it then, and now they want about $175.00 on bricklink for it. 

I’ll wait a little longer; and keep selling more stuff for now before I buy a new set. 

This Lamborghini is on the shopping list though for day 1 !!!

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Nitro Menace colour*  :tongue: At least there will be enough parts in lime to build a certain Mitsubishi Eclipse mweheheh. 

maxresdefault.jpg

12 hours ago, astyanax said:

I feel ya. I've always been amazed (maybe even skeptical) of the build times reported by @Sariel in his review videos. 7.5h to build the Bugatti Chiron?

That was slow. I got 6h 22m on my second try, which I'm told is faster than Chiron's own designer builds it ;)

39 minutes ago, Sariel said:

That was slow. I got 6h 22m on my second try, which I'm told is faster than Chiron's own designer builds it ;)

How long for the Sian? :laugh:

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Don't forget that there are also combine harvesters in this color :laugh: ...besides that Lamborghini was tractor builder even before Miura and is today

There is no way I would ever forget Lamborghinis origin story, so awesome :grin:

54 minutes ago, syclone said:

Nitro Menace colour*  :tongue: At least there will be enough parts in lime to build a certain Mitsubishi Eclipse mweheheh. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Too bad the Porsche wheel arches would be a better fit for the eclipse than the new ones...But knowing you your model wouldn't be in 1:8 scale anyways, so it does not matter :wink:

Another thing that I find interesting is that a supposed leak from last year said that the new Ultimate car was gonna be a red car with wing doors. I also think that the Sian isnt a very good car choice and I think Lego is just trying to promote the car and brand.