The LEGO Technic Lamborghini model will be available in LEGO Brand Retail Stores and the LEGO Online Store from 1 June 2020 and more widely from 1 August 2020. Further details about the LEGO Technic Lamborghini will be revealed at a later date.

Carry on :sweet:

I just want to see the rear view,

I want to know how they built the lights :hmpf_bad:

30 minutes ago, AMX said:

I just want to see the rear view,

I want to know how they built the lights :hmpf_bad:

You may ask Mr. Moderator ?

Sorry for this off-topic post, but I like to grab your attention. Final top-10 voting for the contest has begun.

Please cast your votes!

Please don't reply to this post and continue Sian discussion.

Just now, Coolusername said:

Does Jimbo has a picture then? *huh*

Jimbo does not.

1 hour ago, Lachouffe said:

Official statement from lego in may was VIP release 1 of june and public release in august.

you can check source on bricktastic ; https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-technic/eerste-teaser-gepubliceerd-voor-lego-technic-42115-lamborghini-sian/

It's in Dutch but anyone can translate.

It says it's a LEGO exclusive and that it will be available from other retailers in August. Has nothing to do with VIP. 

So I guess they're gonna pull a Fiat and reveal the set next Sunday? The day before the release? I just want to know what the CAD price will be. If it's 400USD, I hope for 450CAD, expect 480, and fear 500.

Found a comment on the China Lego Technic said, The step of the left headlight in the instructions has an error, guess we might need careful at those step?

Also, he said the structure of the car is not very good, the structure are too loose.

I doubt about that.

If it’s being built by someone already I would expect seeing photos of the built model during the following 2 days 

3 hours ago, Lachouffe said:

Official statement from lego in may was VIP release 1 of june and public release in august.

you can check source on bricktastic ; https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-technic/eerste-teaser-gepubliceerd-voor-lego-technic-42115-lamborghini-sian/

It's in Dutch but anyone can translate.

There is a button on the top right of the page that will translate it all to English. 

And definitely this; release to VIP on June 1st, and to the general public on August 1st.  That will be a long wait if you're not VIP (which is easy to become VIP right away when you buy the set on June 1st: you just have to call Lego.com and sign up then at the spot)

48 minutes ago, SamuelYsc said:

Found a comment on the China Lego Technic said, The step of the left headlight in the instructions has an error, guess we might need careful at those step?

Also, he said the structure of the car is not very good, the structure are too loose.

I doubt about that.

I agree.  Lego had time enough to design this set; and I'm very confident in the fact that they wouldn't release the set if it was not structural solid ! 

1 hour ago, SamuelYsc said:

I doubt about that.

Maybe that comment was about the MK version?

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Maybe that comment was about the MK version?

Could very well be the case.

I find it hard to believe that someone is already building the set, while the review copies haven't even been sent to official reviewers. On the other hand; with TLG's way of work you never know :sadnew:

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Could very well be the case.

I find it hard to believe that someone is already building the set, while the review copies haven't even been sent to official reviewers. On the other hand; with TLG's way of work you never know :sadnew:

Now this is interesting. I figured for sure by now that would be the case. Given itll take around what? 10 hours minimum to build the set plus photography and actually reviewing. Even if it gets into their hands 6 days before is that even enough time to review it before launch? Maybe that isn't their plan at all. Who knows. I'm surprised since by now we saw the new wave gear well before!

I want to point out that Lego has said nothing about the release of the car on June 1st. For example on the 21st of May 2018, they showed of the image of the wheels of the Chiron with the steering wheel and numerous gears in the middle. They also posted the car with a cover over it and the wheel revealed. These were to promote the Live event at Lego House but obviously they wont do that this year but it will be interesting to see how they reveal it. Probably with a designer video and that's it.

1 hour ago, OnyyX said:

They also posted the car with a cover over it and the wheel revealed.

Do you have a pic of that teaser? I've never heard of that one before

Edited by Bartybum
Ignore me I'm an idiot, you're talking about the Chiron not the Sian

1 hour ago, OnyyX said:

I want to point out that Lego has said nothing about the release of the car on June 1st

"The LEGO Technic Lamborghini model will be available in LEGO Brand Retail Stores and the LEGO Online Store from 1 June 2020 and more widely from 1 August 2020. Further details about the LEGO Technic Lamborghini will be revealed at a later date."

Link

15 minutes ago, Jundis said:

"The LEGO Technic Lamborghini model will be available in LEGO Brand Retail Stores and the LEGO Online Store from 1 June 2020 and more widely from 1 August 2020. Further details about the LEGO Technic Lamborghini will be revealed at a later date."

Link

Good point, but I meant like announcing a live reveal or something.

5 hours ago, SheldonF said:

Now this is interesting. I figured for sure by now that would be the case. Given itll take around what? 10 hours minimum to build the set plus photography and actually reviewing. Even if it gets into their hands 6 days before is that even enough time to review it before launch? Maybe that isn't their plan at all. Who knows. I'm surprised since by now we saw the new wave gear well before!

10 hours?! Yeah....not so much. If your seriously think we can do proper reviews in 10 hours, you have obviously never done a review yourself :tongue: A decent review will take at least 20 hours, but 30 is more likely, if you want to do it properly. But maybe TLG is thinking the same way as you do :tongue:

Edit: misread the comment, oops.

10 hours is way too fast, I guess at least 24 working hours to finish a proper video with care. 

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

10 hours?! Yeah....not so much. If your seriously think we can do proper reviews in 10 hours, you have obviously never done a review yourself :tongue: A decent review will take at least 20 hours, but 30 is more likely, if you want to do it properly. But maybe TLG is thinking the same way as you do :tongue:

I think he meant 10hrs to build, +time to take photo's and +time to do the review write-up. So you're basically saying the same:classic:

2 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I think he meant 10hrs to build, +time to take photo's and +time to do the review write-up. So you're basically saying the same:classic:

You are right, my bad. Time for my second coffee. I need to stop making posts before that hehe.

But if you get the set 6 days before deadline, you definitely won't have enough time to do a proper review. We do need to sleep, and we do have actual jobs and stuff :sweet:

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

You are right, my bad. Time for my second coffee. I need to stop making posts before that hehe.

But if you get the set 6 days before deadline, you definitely won't have enough time to do a proper review. We do need to sleep, and we do have actual jobs and stuff :sweet:

That Jimbo dude is making it sincerely I believe

If I was a reviewer I would have needed the set about a month ago :tongue:

I'm building the Mack at the moment and I'm probably about 3 weeks in now and I'm not finished 

35 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

If I was a reviewer I would have needed the set about a month ago :tongue:

I'm building the Mack at the moment and I'm probably about 3 weeks in now and I'm not finished 

I feel ya. I've always been amazed (maybe even skeptical) of the build times reported by @Sariel in his review videos. 7.5h to build the Bugatti Chiron? Even 6.5h for the Bucket Wheel a Excavator? That just boggles my mind! *huh*

49 minutes ago, SamuelYsc said:

10 hours is way too fast, I guess at least 24 working hours to finish a proper video with care. 

Yeah, and that means at least 2-3 days (preferably a weekend). I remember publishing the Defender review video ~24 hours after receiving the set, that didn't include too much sleep and I was totally useless for a couple of days. 

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

I feel ya. I've always been amazed (maybe even skeptical) of the build times reported by @Sariel in his review videos. 7.5h to build the Bugatti Chiron? Even 6.5h for the Bucket Wheel a Excavator? That just boggles my mind! *huh*

Totally possible, but you need to remember that's really not a relaxed build for fun, that's more like working :sweet: