44C60050-44CE-450F-A434-BC3E0B55D7E0.jpe

Going back to the image of the side view of the car. Not sure if this was mentioned before, but it looks to me like two instructions books next to each other inserted into the bottom of the box

8 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

Going back to the image of the side view of the car. Not sure if this was mentioned before, but it looks to me like two instructions books next to each other inserted into the bottom of the box

I'm pretty sure those are the instruction booklets but wouldn't that make the Sian's box much thicker than the previous boxes?

1 hour ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

I'm pretty sure those are the instruction booklets but wouldn't that make the Sian's box much thicker than the previous boxes?

I don’t think it makes a difference. Both the Porsche and the Bugatti had two books on top of each other at the top of the box. 

And here they will be laying side by side next to each other.  It might make it actually slightly slimmer ?

By looking at the proportions between all the photos, the box of the Sian seems to have exactly the same size as the box of the Chiron.

Well the Bugatti box was a bit bigger than the Porsche box but that would come down to part count. 

With the Lambo having a similar part count I would suggest a similar size box. Whatever the size I'm going to need to find room to put it

15 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Whatever the size I'm going to need to find room to put it

I already have a shelf to put the box and the lamborghini on. 

6 hours ago, Wimmer said:

I don’t think it makes a difference. Both the Porsche and the Bugatti had two books on top of each other at the top of the box. 

The Porsche and Bugatti had a hollow space in the middle for the instructions but the Lamborghini need an "hole" under the box which was made using cardboard in order to make an empty space for them.

9 hours ago, Gzynek2323 said:

44C60050-44CE-450F-A434-BC3E0B55D7E0.jpe

If you mean the top right image, that seems to me the inside of the box, probably the inside of the lid. You can see two holes on either side, so that can't be the instruction booklet. Also, the finish looks matte, not glossy, which tells me it's a print on cardboard.

41 minutes ago, boat2903 said:

If you mean the top right image, that seems to me the inside of the box, probably the inside of the lid. You can see two holes on either side, so that can't be the instruction booklet. Also, the finish looks matte, not glossy, which tells me it's a print on cardboard.

I’m 100% sure it’s the instructions booklet 

7 minutes ago, AMX said:

Then how do you explain the 4 holes - especially the top left hole through which the back of the other layer of cardboard is clearly visible? 

7 minutes ago, boat2903 said:

Then how do you explain the 4 holes - especially the top left hole through which the back of the other layer of cardboard is clearly visible? 

You can use the hole to pick up the booklet, without any chance of damaging the booklet, and as shown on the picture you can clearly see a colour difference between the box and the booklet

AA069D69-1F1C-4B1C-8287-AA3BF9990814.jpeg

Edited by Remco Lego

I'll go on record saying that's the inside of the lid. I'm never 100% sure of anything, but I'm 99% sure.

The booklet will be the first thing you see when you remove the lid. It won't be at the bottom of the box. It's going to be on top of the little boxes containing the parts which are shown on the second picture in the second row. I guess we'll find out in a week or so.

I'm excited about this set. I'm mostly curious about how the doors will open and whether the rear spoiler will lift up like in the Bugatti Chiron. I don't expect miracles as far as the gearbox or the suspension - it's probably going to be very similar to what's been done on the Bugatti.

I am also pretty confident the side view are made of the two instruction booklets. I can’t see any other place they could be, and they seem about the right size. 

I'll go on record saying that's the inside of the lid. I'm never 100% sure of anything, but I'm 99% sure.

The booklet will be the first thing you see when you remove the lid. It won't be at the bottom of the box. It's going to be on top of the little boxes containing the parts which are shown on the second picture in the second row. I guess we'll find out in a week or so.

I'm excited about this set. I'm mostly curious about how the doors will open and whether the rear spoiler will lift up like in the Bugatti Chiron. I don't expect miracles as far as the gearbox or the suspension - it's probably going to be very similar to what's been done on the Bugatti.

I heard from loxlego that he heard from LEGO that the official release is july 1st

The top right image is bottom of the box with the instructions the mid right picture is what you see as you open the box.

As you can see from the open parts box as these a are all tapered boxes you can't have the manual on top like you did with the last two, as all of those boxes were square.

Looks like only three boxes this time as there quite deep from the open parts box.

7 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

I heard from loxlego that he heard from LEGO that the official release is july 1st

I think that is the "official release" but were expecting a 1 month VIP only release on June 1st as per the Chiron.

24 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

You can use the hole to pick up the booklet, without any chance of damaging the booklet, and as shown on the picture you can clearly see a colour difference between the box and the booklet

AA069D69-1F1C-4B1C-8287-AA3BF9990814.jpeg

To me, that looks more like two layers of cardboard. What you see through the hole is the back of the front layer (the back of the outside of the lid) and the black is the inner layer (the inside of the lid). I really don't think they would put holes in the instruction booklet.

2 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

I think that is the "official release" but were expecting a 1 month VIP only release on June 1st as per the Chiron.

I hope you're right. I don't want to wait another month.

9 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Do you know how to get VIP?

I hope you're right. I don't want to wait another month.

How did you get VIP?

You can sign up on the Lego website. It's free. It's basically a loyalty program where you get points for buying stuff on the site or in Lego stores.

4 minutes ago, Lachouffe said:

Official statement from lego in may was VIP release 1 of june and public release in august.

you can check source on bricktastic ; https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-technic/eerste-teaser-gepubliceerd-voor-lego-technic-42115-lamborghini-sian/

It's in Dutch but anyone can translate.

Isn't it just saying LEGO shop exclusive starting June 1st, then a wide release (Toys R Us, Amazon, etc.) starting August? Two months of VIP exclusivity is a lot.

38 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

Promobricks and Zusammengebaut say June 1st... And I believe both are partnered with LEGO. 

Wouldn't an "official" statement be one directly from Lego and not from one of their affiliates? I tried that Dutch link, but all the links in the article either link to other articles on the same site (and there is a link to a German site stonewarz.de) which mention the release date or to the teaser video on the Lego site which does not mention any release dates.

Is there any mention of these release dates in something published by Lego?

1 hour ago, AMX said:

Agree

looking at the full risolution images, you clearly see the image is made of two parts; and the holes seem to be a kind of tabs to hold the instruction manuals in place.

2 minutes ago, Rikus said:

Agree

looking at the full risolution images, you clearly see the image is made of two parts; and the holes seem to be a kind of tabs to hold the instruction manuals in place.

Ahhh... I see what you guys mean now. The instruction manual is held in the centre by those tabs.

I was looking at the top part of the image only - where it is in fact cardboard - and didn't notice that the colour was different in the centre.