1 hour ago, allanp said:

They only other thing they could do with the bodywork to make it even better would be to make it removable in one piece so we can see the internal mechanisms.

Beat me to it. :wink:

Many of the issues with the Porsche (including a body that couldn't be removed) were addressed by this community, and as a result it became quite an impressive set. I'd hoped to have a go at some of the issues with the Chiron, but after building it it became apparent that a removable body wouldn't be achievable, and to make any modifications was a nightmare because it was so difficult to access the internals. I was so dissatisfied with it's saggy suspension that after one failed attempt to address it I gave up, and dismantled it. 

A removable body is the most important feature for me. Everything else would be a bonus.

22 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

:roflmao: :wall:

I'm being hyperbolic, but on a more serious note, they shouldn't be skimping on functions to let others improve them if they're charging so much.

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I'm being hyperbolic, but on a more serious note, they shouldn't be skimping on functions to let others improve them if they're charging so much.

I have a problem with that as well. Same principle with B-models (although I'm not sure that applies with this set).

9 days till release... They could open pre-orders already.

How was it handled when 42083 was released?

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Somehow with "LEGO" proportions it reminds me on my childhood dream car Countach; so I look at it as modern Countach representation by LEGO... So far I've seen this one is the most appealing UCS to me

Exactly that popped in my mind too, as I saw the first picture! I do believe that even a modern Lamborghini does not need alien-like overdesigned effects.

3 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

How was it handled when 42083 was released?

In Russia I asked seller directly to reserve a box for me, because it was impossible to do on the site until 12:00 of June 1st.

11 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

In Russia I asked seller directly to reserve a box for me, because it was impossible to do on the site until 12:00 of June 1st.

I'll write to the Lego store in my city also. Thx.

43 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

9 days till release... They could open pre-orders already

Why? You’ll be able to get one eventually, no need to rush

21 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Agreed, I would love to see an actual pushrod setup.

Maybe that would solve the problem  the chiron has

22 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I would love to see an actual pushrod setup.

Keep dreaming :) hopefully I'm wrong.

Just now, Remco Lego said:

Maybe that would solve the problem  the chiron has

It would, by using a leverage system to reduce the suspension travel and increase the force. We only need a stud of travel after all.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

It would, by using a leverage system to reduce the suspension travel and increase the force. We only need a stud of travel after all.

If they want to replicate the lamborghini perfectly they must do that

I'm actually fairly confident it'll have push-rod suspension if the real car has it. TLG have done it before with their F1 cars.

40 minutes ago, allanp said:

I'm actually fairly confident it'll have push-rod suspension if the real car has it. TLG have done it before with their F1 cars.

Because they had to, and now they have to do it aswell. So yeah, they have to do it

1 hour ago, allanp said:

I'm actually fairly confident it'll have push-rod suspension if the real car has it.

Really?! None of the previous one have... its a pet gripe of mine!!:sweet:

I hope you're right... but history suggests suspension will be ignored

GT3 RS - poor gear box design - Chiron much better

Chiron - poor suspension design - Sian - ????

That bit of a pattern would suggest so.

7 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

Chiron gearbox design was poor too.

3 hours ago, Remco Lego said:

Because they had to, and now they have to do it as well. So yeah, they have to do it

Yup,... McLaren's celebration car "The Silver Champion" had an excellent working push-rod suspension...

51 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

I agree both 42056 and 42083 are having a poor design gearbox.
But I guess it is because if it was way too compact it will be too hard to build(for kids) and not easy to create (an easy to read) instructions.

The new Sian are marked at 18+, I think we still can have some hope.
I just hope there will be new gear and new components. We will convert it to RC anyway.

8 minutes ago, SamuelYsc said:

I agree both 42056 and 42083 are having a poor design gearbox.
But I guess it is because if it was way too compact it will be too hard to build(for kids) and not easy to create (an easy to read) instructions.

The new Sian are marked at 18+, I think we still can have some hope.
I just hope there will be new gear and new components. We will convert it to RC anyway.

Considering the real Sian gearbox is like this:

1603775_orig.png

I think that would be much easier to build and have far less backlash.

1 minute ago, allanp said:

The real chiron gearbox will look much the same... its what constant meshed gearboxes look like. Input shaft, output shaft, dogs and collars for selection and engagement. With only 2 ratio's, a lego gearbox cannot look like this... well, it can if its 2 speed! The original design has zero bearing on the lego design...

2 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

The real chiron gearbox will look much the same... its what constant meshed gearboxes look like. Input shaft, output shaft, dogs and collars for selection and engagement. With only 2 ratio's, a lego gearbox cannot look like this... well, it can if its 2 speed! The original design has zero bearing on the lego design...

With Lego's capability of releasing new parts why are they limited to 2 ratios? For the investment in new parts they get gearboxes that are more realistic, more reliable, more robust, have less friction, have less backlash, are easier to build and require less parts making it cheaper in the long run. I don't see why they wouldn't do this, apart from TLG's well known fascination for making choices that make no sense :laugh: Honestly, why do they insist on making gearboxes that are more complicated than the real life car with all the problems that come with that and the higher part counts required? Perhaps they couldn't do it all in one set but with each subsequent UCS car release I would expect to see 2 or 3 new pieces to steer their transmissions in a more realistic, less complex direction.

16 minutes ago, allanp said:

Considering the real Sian gearbox is like this:

1603775_orig.png

Really? With new parts you mean?

EDIT: Yes

Edited by Didumos69