I'm not sure if the first image is official (got it from promobricks), but it definitely is the same picture as the second picture. EDIT: On second thought: the first image may simply be a modified version of the second as promobricks probably didn't want to show the leaked image.

960x982.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

21 minutes ago, Seasider said:

1. Because that’s the logo Lamborghini use for the car. It’s the official script / logo for the Sian

2. I think that’s the inside of the lid, not where all the boxes go which is picture 4

3. What’s wrong with this as a side of a box ? If you look at the a-wing box some of these have minimal text

4. This is the inside of the box and the inside of the Chiron box looked similar when opened (wheels missing on this though but could be hidden to keep the graphic looking clean)

5. The boxes are meant to be easy to open so you wouldn’t have glue tabs!

6. This is assumed to be the front of the box and I think it looks amazing and very stylistic ! As I said previously it’s similar to 41999 

7. it’s got all the usual text there, just a bad camera or the photographer didn’t focus his phone correctly !

Yeah, it's clearly fake. Just another guy producing a fake box and bricks. :def_shrug:

12 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Someone has it for review already, right? :wink:

Someone might, but that someone is not me.

5 minutes ago, BrickJohn said:

Yeah, it's clearly fake. Just another guy producing a fake box and bricks. :def_shrug:

Let's not throw new oil on the fire.
(although I do agree with you)

10 minutes ago, Go-Kart said:

there some amazing Tatra MOCs out there with realistic suspension

Very true! Maybe the Tatra builders should show the supercar builders how its done!!:head_back:

I'm having a doubt about the authenticity of this "Leak" set 

but when Mr. moderator said the box is real, then I believe it!  So when will i see your Best Review? ?

I find it hilarious that yours truly is having a ree about it being fake, and yet he doesn't even address the fact that someone would have had to design a fake Lamborghini Sian model and box art to begin with. There's zero gain in doing so.

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

I find it hilarious that yours truly is having a ree about it being fake, and yet he doesn't even address the fact that someone would have had to design a fake Lamborghini Sian model to begin with

Indeed!

But let's not continue this debate please. Enough has been said about it.

38 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The only real improvements worth doing in my eyes would be to do with iterative improvements:

1. Bodywork techniques (for the moment I’m much happier than I was looking at the Chiron and Porsche)

2. Streamlining drivetrains

3. Improving suspension systems

Yup, they seem to have nailed number 1. They only other thing they could do with the bodywork to make it even better would be to make it removable in one piece so we can see the internal mechanisms. But as your points 2 and 3 allude to, there's plenty of improvements that can be made on the inside, which can be split into 4 main areas.

Engine:

The engine in the Porsche was completely enclosed and pretty basic, with only minor detailing. The Chiron improved the detailing but lost some realism by having 3 crank shafts. The Sian could take things up a notch by including some timing belts/chains to the front of the engine, and maybe some cam shafts perhaps? I dunno, without the valves this might just block the view of the engine for not much reward, but having the timing belts would be a good detail to add. The engines in these cars also turn over way too slowly. The engine in 8868 would spin fast enough that you could actually hear it spinning, that's what I want. The new diffs would help with that, as well as:

Gearbox:

The Porsche added sequential paddle shift, and the Chiron added a second size of clutch gear and the wave selector. The Sian could make some vast improvements hear by adding more sizes of clutch gear and greatly reducing the complexity of the gearbox to bring it more in line with the real Sian gearbox:

1603775_orig.png

Steering:

The steering in both the Porsche and the Chiron didn't feet that great. The Sian could make improvements here with longer steering arms and ackermann geometry to make the steering feel less spongy. They could also utilise the new CV joint design from 42099 to increase the steering angle. The steering wheel should be tilted upwards towards the driver (unlike the Porsche or Chiron) and improve access to the steering wheel, or include a small, discreet HoG somewhere. If you want an example of how the steering should feel, look at 8865 test car, or 8880 for 4 wheel steering, as they felt good and solid, not spongy at all. 

Suspension:

A lot has been said about the Chiron suspension already, but for the sake of making this a more complete list, The Chiron suspension was way too soft, even with having 2 hard struts per wheel. However to get this right is very difficult due to the 1 stud suspension travel these cars would have. Normally I would again direct you to the 8865 test car for perfect feeling suspension, with the weight of the car compressing the springs just a little bit (as 8880's suspension was way too hard) but getting that same feel from such a small suspension travel is near impossible. Maybe the answer is to increase the suspension travel of these cars so you have 1 stud or more of travel left after it has been compressed slightly by the weight of the car. This may require new much stiffer springs to be made and a very small compromise on the look of the car as it would have to ride just a little higher, like only half a stud higher. But as I value technical functionality over looks it's a small compromise I would be very happy with. Of course bringing in some more complex suspension geometry for the sake of realism would also be welcome.

14 minutes ago, LvdH said:

402168B9-4E0D-4F2D-9E90-901548A664CE.jpe

This is what I meant. It’s slightly wavy. This wouldn’t happen with a box. Also you can see the bottom of the cardboard box through the tab. That’s why I think this is 99% certainly the instructions manual.

I believe that's the perforated line for easy extraction of the picture, perhaps partially ripped in the photo? Yes, you can see the brown cardboard through the tab, it's obviously the other side of the box, as it has two layers of cardboard, each with one side printed and unprinted sides facing each other. Or maybe I'm wrong and you're right, but either way I guess we'll know soon enough.

1 hour ago, agrof said:

@MajklSpajkl Thanks for the picture. I actually find the LEGO version much more appealing. The proportions feel more right on it. :wink:

Somehow with "LEGO" proportions it reminds me on my childhood dream car Countach; so I look at it as modern Countach representation by LEGO... So far I've seen this one is the most appealing UCS to me

IN OTHER NEWS, something I do find odd is them flipping the box art to begin with. Is the box gonna be shown off backwards on shelves now so that customers can see the actual car? Does that mean we're gonna see ugly stickers on the front?

Ultimately it's a box, so it really doesn't matter, but I'm not sure what they were trying to achieve here lol. It kinda seems dumb. I'd be interested to see the other sides of the box, to see if they provide a shot of the rear.

Edited by Bartybum

2 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Or maybe I'm wrong and you're right, but either way I guess we'll know soon enough.

Exactly, or other way around :laugh:

It’s all just speculation at this point.

Actually, I haven't seen anyone mention this, but what's the bet that the reason the model looks badly shopped into the box art is because it's actually embossed? It looks as if the embossing has glossy printing on it, and the rest of the box has a matte finish

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Actually, I haven't seen anyone mention this, but what's the bet that the reason the model looks badly shopped into the box art is because it's actually embossed? It looks as if the embossing has glossy printing on it, and the rest of the box has a matte finish

IIRC that was the case at Porsche and Bugatti, so possible:classic:

Also, in my view, the box with just the hood on it grabs attention better, due to people wanna find out what it is

Does no one remember 41999 ?

this was what you saw on the shelf!

49922230701_8e4490dd28_b.jpg

so no idea what you were buying apart from a Technic set.

it wasn’t until you too it off the shelf and looked at the back that you saw this ...

49922230716_211c8d8d15_b.jpg

... and on that note I’m quitting this forum for a few weeks ... getting far too argumentative and trolly on here ... personally I think the last few weeks this forum had gone downhill and I just don’t need this in my life at the moment. See you on the other side once we’re discussing how good or bad the set is once we've got it in our hands

11 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Also, in my view, the box with just the hood on it grabs attention better, due to people wanna find out what it is

I don't think that it's the kind of objects that you buy randomly because you saw a strange box in a store.
This style of box may be to look more like a Lamborghini collection item than a Lego toy.

Just now, Seasider said:

... and on that note I’m quitting this forum for a few weeks ... getting far too argumentative and trolly on here ... personally I think the last few weeks this forum had gone downhill and I just don’t need this in my life at the moment. See you on the other side once we’re discussing how good or bad the set is once we've got it in our hands

We could create a "It's a fake Sian" topic in which those who think it's fake will have to post. :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

I don't think that it's the kind of objects that you buy randomly because you saw a strange box in a store.
This style of box may be to look more like a Lamborghini collection item than a Lego toy.

It's both. Someone goes to a store, sees a strange box and finds out what it is and is then amazed, "omg a lambo!" and while probably they don't buy it right away, the seed of desire has been planted and they are likely return at some point. The part where they physically grab the box to take a look is important part of the process because it makes the whole thing much more memorable than just seeing a picture of the whole car in the shelf.

17 minutes ago, howitzer said:

It's both. Someone goes to a store, sees a strange box and finds out what it is and is then amazed, "omg a lambo!" and while probably they don't buy it right away, the seed of desire has been planted and they are likely return at some point. The part where they physically grab the box to take a look is important part of the process because it makes the whole thing much more memorable than just seeing a picture of the whole car in the shelf.

Agreed. One would see the box at a LEGO store or in the LEGO section of another store, so it is unlikely there would be a lot of doubt as to whether it is LEGO or not. And I think the common agreement is that these latest UCS Technic supercar sets (and even the LR Defender and MB Arocs to some extent) are aimed as much at AFOLs as at car enthusiasts who are not active LEGO fans. Such box design lines pretty well with the 18+ marking and "Build for real" motto adopted by the Technic line– you are getting a Lamborghini item first and foremost, and even if the medium is "LEGO construction toy", you are "building for real", it's no child play :wink: It may sound dumb and straight-forward, but it probably works for attracting some people who could otherwise not buy LEGO.

Edited by imvanya

Removed Lepin comment

Edited by Jim
Removed Lepin comment

What if TLG deliberately gave the suspensions in 42056 and 42083 poor treatment so that there can be something to improve upon? There's not gonna be any progress if you went all out and gave your best in a single product right?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What if TLG deliberately gave the suspensions in 42056 and 42083 poor treatment so that there can be something to improve upon? There's not gonna be any progress if you went all out and gave your best in a single product right?

Yeah but that's not the point. I'm paying $600 for a model, it better be perfect

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That wouldn't be something I would call "progress". Scamming your customers would be more fitting imo.

Edited by Gray Gear