Just now, Robo-Knight said:

Where did you get the pictures from?

Presumably the website in the bottom right corner in the images

8 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@Jim Given the past discussion about CaDa allowed (because of their original designs), what are your thoughts on discussion comparing it to MK's Sian? I ask, since surprisingly it appears that MK didn't steal a design for once, and have even presented a (imo) better looking alternative.

We don't know if the MK design isn't stolen. Several people suggested it's a stolen/leaked prototype from Lego, which they're simply using to gather pre-orders, and that they will switch to Lego's design as soon as they get their hands on it.

Edited by astyanax
grammar

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Presumably the website in the bottom right corner in the images

That's not a website link. That's just a link to the full siized image.

Edited by Robo-Knight

8 minutes ago, astyanax said:

We don't know if the MK design isn't stolen. Several people suggested it's a stolen/leaked prototype from Lego, which they're simply using to gather pre-orders, and that will switch to Lego's design as soon as they get their hands on it.

We hadn't yet seen the official leak, and the bootleggers generally have stolen official and community designs, so we just dismissed it as that (with good reason). Evidently, and quite shockingly, it appears that we were completely wrong :look:

But the fact that it's wildly different to Lego's one in every way, as well as the fact that we've never seen the design as a MOC previously, suggests it actually is an original.

6 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

That's not a website link. That's just a link to the full siized image.

No I mean the link in the bottom right corner of each individual frame.

Edited by Bartybum

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

We were only suggesting it was a stolen prototype because we hadn't yet seen the official leak, and that the bootleggers generally did steal official and community designs. It turns out that we were wrong by the looks of it.

But the fact that it's wildly different to Lego's one in every way, as well as the fact that we've never seen the design as a MOC previously suggests it actually is an original.

No I mean the link in the bottom right corner of each individual frame.

I didn't see it.

I didn't see it.

If you zoom in on a picture, you see ‘@( bazos.cz’

Edited by Remco Lego

Does having only three inner boxes allow the box of this set to be smaller than the one of the chiron?

6 minutes ago, Remco Lego said:

If you zoom in on a picture, you see ‘@( bazos.cz’

I just realized that now. But I don't know where after I put it into Google. Should I try Facebook?

I just realized that now. But I don't know where after I put it into Google. Should I try Facebook?

Bazos is an online shopping website like eBay. I think someone found a listing there

Edited by Bartybum

50 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@Jim Given the past discussion about CaDa allowed (because of their original designs), what are your thoughts on discussion comparing it to MK's Sian? I ask, since surprisingly it appears that MK didn't steal a design for once, and have even presented a (imo) better looking alternative.

Superfluous question, IMO.

If I were TLG, I would only provide sets for review to sites and forums who employ and enforce "LEGO only rules".

What would you prefer, fewer reviews or the freedom to speak about competing brands?

We may dislike arrangements like that, even fight it, but there would be dozens of other sites who would be eager to pick up the reviews and followers associated with those.

9 minutes ago, hjxbf said:

What would you prefer, fewer reviews or the freedom to speak about competing brands?

The latter, to be quite frank. The reviews will come in, regardless of whoever gets free sets.

In any case, this is why I asked.

Edited by Bartybum

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The latter, to be quite frank. The reviews will come in, regardless of whoever gets free sets.

In any case, this is why I asked.

Oh, there would be reviews available, all right. But they wouldn't be Eurobricks reviews, they would be Brothersbrick or Brickset or whatever. To some users, that would be a great loss. To some, it wouldn't. 

But it is a tall order to ask the runners of this site to possibly give up on something that both appeals to a large audience, generates a fair amount of traffic, and keeps their own interests fresh, for some additional discussion freedom which appeals to fewer users.

One is always free to set up a brand independent forum oneself, though, if one disagrees with a particular forum's rules ?

11 minutes ago, hjxbf said:

Oh, there would be reviews available, all right. But they wouldn't be Eurobricks reviews, they would be Brothersbrick or Brickset or whatever. To some users, that would be a great loss. To some, it wouldn't. 

But it is a tall order to ask the runners of this site to possibly give up on something that both appeals to a large audience, generates a fair amount of traffic, and keeps their own interests fresh, for some additional discussion freedom which appeals to fewer users. 

One is always free to set up a brand independent forum oneself, though, if one disagrees with a particular forum's rules ?

I'm not asking anyone to sacrifice anything here my dude, I'm just asking Jim for his opinion since it was tolerated before. I'm not sure you've understood the nuance here.

11 minutes ago, hjxbf said:

But they wouldn't be Eurobricks reviews,

Yes they would, they'd just be made by people who had to buy the sets to begin with.

Edited by Bartybum

It will be interesting to see how lime looks naturally (not photoshopped artwork).  I have always wanted a lime supercar but I am not very excited about this.

The front headlights area just doesn't look right compared to rest of car to me.......:thumbdown:

Somehow I'm loving this more than my wallet does... Imo the box is much more beautiful and extravagant than the previous ones, but I might be biased being a big fan of lime TLG colour. Cannot wait official reviews come, hopefully the insides will dissapoint me enough so as not to buy this beauty.

3 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

The perfect radius for 1/8 scale would be the wheel arches from 42096 - they are way too big for the smaller 1/10 scale.

If you'd use those though, you'd need to get the steered wheels to turn within their own footprints under the arches so as not to hit them, as on a normal car. 

You'd also want them to gain camber through the suspension stroke to avoid the arches.

So, while it's possible with Technic parts I'm not sure it's possible with the usual equal length double wishbone suspension.

Edited by amorti

As long as this is the same scale as the Chirron, I'm happy. And it also has an  detailed interior with tons of mechanical bits to it too of course. The Chirron is the new benchmark that Lego should always go for now. Everything else just doesn't come close. This needs to the standard for all of there future Technic Supercars. Heck this should've been standard all along to be honest.

Edited by Robo-Knight

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

wildly different to Lego's one in every way.

Agreed!

However the conspiracy theorists would rather believe mk has stolen a prototype Lego design to advertise with, and taken thousands of pre orders based on fake model renders which they will then supply a completely different model to their customers. I'd also like to know how those conspiracy theorists imagine mk plans to steal this Lego model then add motors to this and still ship orders before Lego plans to ship.

Mk have (belatedly and only partially!) gained the designer's authorisation on a few of their (still to a large part stolen and unacknowledged!) moc sets, so it's not beyond possiblity that they would find someone willing to earn a paycheck as a set designer for them.

28 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

The Chirron is the new benchmark that Lego should always go for now

??What ?! Not even close to the benchmark.. its a complex gearbox and..... not a lot else. A creator set with a gearbox? Possibly. Suspension totally inaccurate for a start and its form before function... Arocs is visually accurate and is a TRUE technic set from nose to tail... but before i go off topic too much...

This Lambo looks great, love the colour, the styling is very attractive from what i've seen... but to be a truly great technic set is needs to learn from the 'one-trick-pony' chiron and have realistic technical elements, it is technic after all. I know the vast majority of them will end up on shelves... and thats not for me, but each to their own... but just because it is going on a shelve, should the suspension be as unrealistic as the chiron? Heave springs, anti roll bars, proper wishbones... maybe the Lambo will have them? I'll buy it if it does, but not if its just a gearbox in a shellsuit..

..again,

I am liking and am glad didn't get Chirron, but would still like if had space! I guess in pounds this is going to be £300+ at first!

Edited by lee1980

1 hour ago, TeamThrifty said:

??What ?! Not even close to the benchmark.. its a complex gearbox and..... not a lot else. A creator set with a gearbox? Possibly. Suspension totally inaccurate for a start and its form before function... Arocs is visually accurate and is a TRUE technic set from nose to tail... but before i go off topic too much...

This Lambo looks great, love the colour, the styling is very attractive from what i've seen... but to be a truly great technic set is needs to learn from the 'one-trick-pony' chiron and have realistic technical elements, it is technic after all. I know the vast majority of them will end up on shelves... and thats not for me, but each to their own... but just because it is going on a shelve, should the suspension be as unrealistic as the chiron? Heave springs, anti roll bars, proper wishbones... maybe the Lambo will have them? I'll buy it if it does, but not if its just a gearbox in a shellsuit..

..again,

Arocs?