9 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Can I be honest? If that's what the real model is gonna look like, then I think it looks super ugly. The color, combined with the unnecessarily smooth panels all around just give it a feeling like it's not even technic. Based on that picture, it looks like a 3rd party brand made it. It better be functional, because that's the only thing that can save it IMO.

Yes, and it could still fall down on it's functionality, so I'm mad keen to find out what that's like.

One of the key differences between this and the two predecessors are the doors. I wonder if they'll be gear operated or just openable by hand and friction. 

27 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Can I be honest? If that's what the real model is gonna look like, then I think it looks super ugly. The color, combined with the unnecessarily smooth panels all around just give it a feeling like it's not even technic.

So technic models have to look like a brick? Whats the problem with a smooth shape?

Although I'm not a fan of lime green in general I think this car looks lovely and the color is in line with the brand. Also those rims :wub: It's probably the set I'm most excited about since I recently got back to Legos after two decades and got the 42056. For me what is under the hood is secondary to the looks although I agree that sagging suspensions and grinding gear boxes should not happen.

My first thought was "this is exactly how modern technic supercar should look". Shapes are almost exclusively made with panels and flexible axles, it's very hard to achieve this with given level of authenticity. Yes, these cars will be smooth and that's fine, it is the technic aesthetic now.

56 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Can I be honest? If that's what the real model is gonna look like, then I think it looks super ugly. The color, combined with the unnecessarily smooth panels all around just give it a feeling like it's not even technic. Based on that picture, it looks like a 3rd party brand made it. It better be functional, because that's the only thing that can save it IMO.

I disagree, I think the model looks great, it looks pretty close to the real one, and that's awesome! I dislike the color as well, but aside from that it looks promising...

The age of 8880 style building is long gone my dude, just accept it. 

I was never entertaining the thought of buying this model. I was only interested in it to see what new internal connectors or other useful parts it might introduce.

But now that I see it might be in lime... Oh boy did I jump on the hype train! :wub_drool:

ok i want this set

as much as I didnt like the porsche and the bugatti - this has a certain appeal

when will it be released? bday coming up soon

I think this set on the box looks awesome and if this is the real thing I'm definitely going to buy it once it's out. To me, it looks better than the Bugatti Chiron, which I own. I didn't like the look of the Porsche enough to buy it.

I kind of like the lime green colour, but I would have been okay with the Defender green, too. On the other hand, I probably wouldn't buy a dark green or a 42039 "24 Hours Race Car" green Lamborghini. That just shows you how colour is a matter of taste. I didn't think a metallic colour would be something Lego would do for an entire car.

As far as the mechanics, I don't really expect anything groundbreaking. I'm guessing the hood and the doors will open, the car will steer and it will have a slightly modified version of the usual gearbox and engine block to approximate the real car. Hopefully, a raisable spoiler, too. 

Edited by boat2903

21 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I think the 18+ rating is just a marketing thing.

It can help girlfriends and wives to pick a set for your Xmas present.  :classic:

Where did that image come from?

Assuming it is real, it looks like there are at least three new panels (Wheel covers, the ones by the Rocker Panels, and the ones on the hood). It doesn't seem like we really needed the latter two, but the wheel covers do look useful for low, sleek cars like this one. Of course, they are like the fifth new wheel wells since 2016, which seems pretty excessive. Otherwise, I like the color scheme, and it seems well styled.

7 hours ago, Void_S said:

Damn! I still believed that it's a new a part, like a some skewed and curved panel. Pure genius!

I am still not sure...

I don't have any rotor blade parts, so I am not too familiar with them, but it seems to me that there would be more of the blade sticking out the bottom. 

Still, though, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Where did that image come from?

There was a listing on a Czech auction site, but it's already removed. Accidentaly the location of the seller was not far from the LEGO factory there (Kladno). You can guess the rest of the story...

9 hours ago, efferman said:

So technic models have to look like a brick? Whats the problem with a smooth shape?

They really don't have to look like bricks.

But amazing MOCs have been made without massive new panels and molds. This model looks too smooth, that's my only issue.

8 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

The age of 8880 style building is long gone my dude, just accept it.  

I wasn't even into Lego at that time. I think this is too far, as I told efferman.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

I hope it at least has the same functions as the bugatti.

• 7 or 8 speed gearbox

• Paddle shifters

• DNR shifter

• AWD

• Working engine

• 4 wheel suspention

• Working steering with some sort of HOG dial

• Opening bonnet (frunk) and/or engine cover

• Opening doors

• Something equivelant to an adjustable spoiler like in the bugatti, i.e mechanised not just a basic hinge but a speed key is not mandatory.

Then if LEGO are really on the ball:

• Adjustable ride height

• Some sort of motor or just so the model has dedicated spaces for motor addons, with instructions.

• Mechanised doors

• 4 wheel steering

• Opening glovebox

Edited by SNIPE

Those black fins on the back look terrible, but I'm excited to see how they formed the brake lights since they tried so hard in the front.

It looks like hood uses the same blades as the sideskirt for the horzontal panels under the tapered 3x13s. That is a lot better than the studded panels in the knockoff.

Glad to see the lime green to match some of my spares and a general lambo color. I will buy this, build the internals, and rework the body into the Aventador SV it should've been. :grin:

40 minutes ago, smailliwretep said:

Glad to see the lime green to match some of my spares and a general lambo color. I will buy this, build the internals, and rework the body into the Aventador SV it should've been. :grin:

I immediately thought the same when I saw the picture... 

Edited by grego18f

18 hours ago, Akbalder said:

Do we know why the functions of the car are not explained on the back of the box?

Perhaps the only function worthy of mention is the look :laugh:

Even though I really liked the idea of olive green, I do like the lime green color as well.  I'm not a fan of how the front corners are made, but otherwise, this looks really great.

I'm hopping for some new wheel hubs that work with the new, stronger CVs, and allow for a better turning radius.  

Like AllenP, I'm not a huge fan of the color vomit, but I don't mind it as much now as I used to.  I'm ok with it as long as it's not visible on the finished model.   Regarding real vehicles and color coding, I've run across some color coded parts on my vehicles.  For example, older Toyotas often use different color fuel injectors to help differentiate their size.  I've seen wire connectors in different colors too.  Old Chevy transmissions had color coded gears in the transmissions for the cable driven speedometers.  Different ratios had different colors. 

Anyway, this set looks really nice!  Too expensive for me, but I'm sure many out there will enjoy it!  I'll enjoy whatever new pieces this set has to offer.

1 hour ago, dhc6twinotter said:

I'm hopping for some new wheel hubs that work with the new, stronger CVs, and allow for a better turning radius.  

Now that would be useful.

The new CV joints get up to 30° of steering angle which would really help with playability.

Let 42096 be the last model using the previous generation of CV joints. There doesn't need to be two options on CV joints not when one is clearly so much better.

It also feels like by putting the location pins on the wheel instead of the hub, you could make the hub a stud narrower as well as having the nicer looking wheels. So again, better turning angles become possible as you don't need such a big gap under the arch. 

Maybe the images show that? the car seems to be steering at an angle where previous hubs would have the wheel moved more forward in the arch? Or it's just a dream.

Edited by amorti

4 minutes ago, amorti said:

There doesn't need to be two options on CV joints not when one is clearly so much better.

Old joint has its usages, because it's smaller and allows free slide of the axle. I would argue that it's irreplaceable right now. You couldn't make rear suspension of the Bugatti with new joints, for example.

2 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

You couldn't make rear suspension of the Bugatti with new joints, for example.

I don't think it's a good enough reason? There's perfectly good suspension on the back of 42099 using those joints so it's not like it can't be done.