Looking side by side this and the Mould King Lambo....  the front wheel arches on this one look awful.

The side view looks way better in the MK imho.

Mould King designing and making new parts... could make me consider some of their models if those are novel and not clones.

I am considering getting both Lambos.

9 minutes ago, syclone said:

disagners

It's official, people. We finally have a word that's halfway between "disaster" and "designer". This will be most useful in the future. :purrr:

11 minutes ago, syclone said:

Bravo to lego, sparkles some interest in an official set again)))

Woah, woah, woah, stranger! We haven't seen 42112 yet! :oh:

I can't afford it.

I'd take it apart to make something else if i could.

But I'm so happy that this line exists just to force new weird, wonderful and USEFUL molds out of TLG.

31 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's official, people. We finally have a word that's halfway between "disaster" and "designer". This will be most useful in the future. :purrr:

My sincere apologies, misspelled real bad *huh* Interesting new meaning though :laugh: I was taken by surprise with this one as I'm not a fan of the Sian design, but the concrete mixer... I'm afraid of it, specially at "just" ~100euro/usd and considering the 42108 mobile crane :sick:

On regards of the Lambo, hopefully there will be more pictures to come sooner rather than later, I want to see what they done on the back!

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

Looking at the left and right sides of the box it appears as if it’s upside down. Bearing in mind the underside of the GT3 and Chiron’s boxes it’s either a photo of a preproduction box or a fake. Just my thoughts.

Good observation :thumbup:

Considering how difficult lines the original model has, I say: it is looking good! I am not a huge fan of the front trunk panels, but let it be... now, just crossing fingers for the proper working suspension and gearbox.

Edited by agrof

1 hour ago, aol000xw said:

Looking side by side this and the Mould King Lambo....  the front wheel arches on this one look awful.

Mould King designing and making new parts... could make me consider some of their models if those are novel and not clones.

More like they got hands on some model which was still not finished and based on this they made pics. They do not design anything they are just copying.

29 minutes ago, Steph 104th said:

But I'm so happy that this line exists just to force new weird, wonderful and USEFUL molds out of TLG.

Great point.  I feel the same.  We gripe so much about the end result of this UCS line, but it sure is challenging TLG to produce new stuff.  For this reason, at the end of the day, I like the UCS line. 

But, thankfully, this is one car I can save $ on- cause I'm not buying it.  Designer turned visuo-spatially challenged on the front fender and I for one am not a fan of the color. I would have gone for the military green color, but not this....Not a problem.  Like I said kinda relieved; I fell for 42056; got 42083 as well but I am happy with that purchase. But don't want to fall victim to another UCS car.  Thankfully, I won't. 

Edited by nerdsforprez

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

and I for one am not a fan of the color. I would have gone for the military green color, but not this...

Mm. It looks like a lime wedge. :look:

Just now, Valkyx said:

More like they got hands on some model which was still not finished and based on this they made pics. They do not design anything they are just copying.

That looks like a blanket statement, got  anything to support it? 

I can't see a single point where the MK Lambo looks like the TLG Lambo and quite a few that I like better in the MK.

Whilst there does appear to be some debate about what color this is, at least we can be sure its not Olive Green so that's a good thing (not so much for my wallet though...)

17 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

I can't see a single point where the MK Lambo looks like the TLG Lambo and quite a few that I like better in the MK.

I agree, The MK Lambo looks way to different, even for a Prototype. Maybe MK actually hired a designer themselves this time, in hopes of causing reactions like this:

Well this looks fantastic! I am so glad it isn't olive green, not that keen on lime but prefer that to olive, and imagine the cool emergency vehicles that can be made. I'm also really glad for the new wheel arches and the other new panels. This looks way better than the MK version IMHO, and dare I say better than the Chiron and the Porsche? I think so but that might be because of my own bias towards Lamborghini. This really reminds me of 8880 more than any other Technic car, which is good!

Now I wait in baited breath, will the internal mechanics of the car be as good and as authentic as the car looks? If they are, this could finally be the one to dethrone 8880 for me! 

18 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

You are quite prising this copycat firm on official Lego forum, don't you exaggerate a bit?

And Lambo looks very nice, better than previous super cars.

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

120099786.jpg

Yesss!!! The wheel rims are copper/bronze!!! I'd buy the car just for those :D

I was quite bummed out with TLG's teaser video where those appeared quite yellowish, especially as the color of the car itself also didn't look very appealing at all in that video.

Fortunately it appears reality is better :)

The red brake calipers are a very nice touch which combine nicely with the rims :)

The lime green color of the car is clearly better than what it looked like in the TLG teaser video, though it would have awesome if they'd gone crazy and really made a new color which really matches the original.

14 minutes ago, keymaker said:

You are quite prising this copycat firm on official Lego forum, don't you exaggerate a bit?

My point is, there is no way the MK Sian is copy from LEGO, and it does not seem to be a stolen MOC either. So where could the design come from? I just think MK wanted hop onto that hypetrain for the LEGO Sian.

And I agree, the LEGO Sian looks great, definatelly better than the Chiron, and maybe even better than the GT3 RS. Now they just have to not f*ck up the suspension and transmission...Oh boy, but we'll see. Overall this car looks like an improvement, so I have a little hope they learned from the previous flaws.

Edited by Gray Gear

30 minutes ago, keymaker said:

I am not interested in buying clones but If MK is making progress in becoming a Lego alternative instead of a Lego copycat I will simply welcome it.

I think TLG needs some competition and I am not so much praising MK as being genuinely intrigued.

The reason for considering getting both is to get a clearer picture of where MK stands in terms of quality and design.

Any idea how the front lights are constructed? It looks like just three white bars clipped to something and aimed to the same point, but that seems a bit too lazy solution...

Yeah, as i said earlier this kind of adult-focused set regardless any theme will then put into new category of 18+ and the LEGO logo at bottom right from the box art.

You may refer same categories set 10273, 75274-75277.

But now after saw the real model, i would more prefer it is land rover olive green ?

I wonder who took this picture, and if there's a way to ask them for any more pictures, like the parts list, or a shot from the instructions of the gearbox. I'm just really excited to see more of this beautiful creation. I can't stop looking at it! I'm really anxious to know if the mechanics are a step up from the Chiron or is this just a pretty shell.

15 minutes ago, allanp said:

I wonder who took this picture, and if there's a way to ask them for any more pictures, like the parts list, or a shot from the instructions of the gearbox. I'm just really excited to see more of this beautiful creation. I can't stop looking at it! I'm really anxious to know if the mechanics are a step up from the Chiron or is this just a pretty shell.

Or a photo of the other side of the box as this looks like the bottom to me

19 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Or a photo of the other side of the box as this looks like the bottom to me

Yes, it photo is the back of the box because there are the seal tapes...

But from the photo taken look like so eine already have it on hand and it is public not lego staff or internal staff taken it.

Could be some place already accidentally put on shelves???!!!

But what is the color of the car? Confirmed lime? Or new color? Dark lime?

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, we are same here that keep waiting the 42112 news.

But i look back 2019, all sets revealed on 3-June, hopefully this year can be a little bit earlier and we’re not long to go!!!!

Is the 18+ rating a first?

42100: 12+

42056 & 42083: 16+

42043: 11-16

In any case, it's given me a great deal of hope that what lies beneath the shell will be something designed with a higher degree of authenticity for a more discerning customer. 

Regardless, I'm wasting no energy on trying to convince myself I'll be able to skip this one. 

3 hours ago, aol000xw said:

Because literally every MK design to date has been stolen.

That being said damn, first UCS Technic car that doesn’t make me want to gouge my eyes out :wub:

Any idea why the headrests (and I presume the rest of the interior, then) is the same color as the bodywork? Even in the original Sian it is a bright orange