3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Anyone want to guess (based on what has been revealed about the real car or the LEGO model) what color LEGO are likely to pick for this?

About the only thing that would get me to take this set off my wish list is if they pick a color I hate like the Olive Green they used on last years Land Rover.

From the official TLG teaser relesed a few days ago it seem 99% certain that it will be the LR olive green colour. Would also make sense in economic part production perspective and it is the closest thing to the real Lambo (apart from metallic green, but it would be more expensive to produce and is a coating over plastic, which is not as scratch resistant as tinted plastic, therefore not kiddo safe :hmpf_bad:). Hopefully at least the gearbox will work this time, albeit considering target audience isn't really lego fans that is a lot to hope for.

I was wondering if 24 Hour Race Car (42039) Bright Green could be an option?  Gotta be better than Olive!

Would also look spectacular next to anything built from 42056 Orange!

4 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Abit out of topic now.

Please stick to the Lamborghini discussion, thanks 

There is not much to discuss so far, as long nothing new is being revealed to us. Therefore the topic title has been changed to "speculation". All we know it´s again a ridiculously expensive USC Lamborgini Sian in military olive green color with golden wheels. The highly educated well paid marketing experts in the HQ are doing their best to promote their premium product. IMO people are rather being scared away by this strategy. Honestly I´m tired to keep up with the useless bubble content every day... Anyway, staunchly looking forward to this car..

4 hours ago, Seasider said:

I’d assume the packaging for the Lamborghini will be a similar design to the Porsche and Bugatti which I’d say is already an adult and premium box with its nice lift off lid, with lots of details (especially on the inside of the Bugatti lid) and a nice display of numbered boxes inside. This is definitely something that doesn’t need improving in this series as it’s already premium. I don’t know how you’d make the box more premium/adult oriented apart from sticking an 18+ label on it.

https://brickset.com/article/51364

Make no mistake, read it yourself first

This is how Lego want to classify their product in future from now.

Maybe the set comes with a bunch of transparent glitter stickers and we need to cover the whole olive green surface with it, in order to get a metallic effect :grin:

Edited by Frequenzberater

28 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

https://brickset.com/article/51364

Make no mistake, read it yourself first

This is how Lego want to classify their product in future from now.

But this is Creator Expert and not the “Ultimate” Technic sets, 2 completely different product lines. As I said the 2 boxes so far have already been premium with the boxes in box and lift off lid. I think the article you’ve linked is more about dropping the Creator Expert label to create bigger differentiation to normal Creator sets

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

But this is Creator Expert and not the “Ultimate” Technic sets, 2 completely different product lines. As I said the 2 boxes so far have already been premium with the boxes in box and lift off lid. I think the article you’ve linked is more about dropping the Creator Expert label to create bigger differentiation to normal Creator sets

Do you saw the Lamborghini box?! Don’t just speculate and saying they will be same as the previous 2, unless from some legit info.

We do not know until it reveal but based on the article, it’s not only Creator Expert.

Go and compare SW 75274, 75275, 75276 & 75277.

I know the super car series is a premium level but what Lego now is to put them all into an adult-focused category, it is 18+ regardless of any line/theme.

Because creator expert sets are mostly tackling ‘expert’ builder, and i think this ‘Ultimate’ super car also, so all the so-called ‘for expert’ builder sets will go into this 18+ category.

It just my understanding from the article and from what I saw in other line/theme. We shall see, unless you really saw the box already, which is i think you won’t ?

@Technicallism - no I haven’t seen the Lamborghini box yet, I don’t work at Lego or Lamborghini. But I would say you’re speculating just as much as me ... but this is the speculation thread ?

The article you linked is referring to the new Haunted House set which is the next funfair set and has deviated from the previous Rollercoaster etc by having a box that doesn’t reference Creator Expert.

As to the Star Wars sets you referenced, yes they’re nice boxes, I have all 4 of them sitting next to me waiting for me to have my birthday later this month ?.  But remember the Helmet collection is the start of a new product line aimed at Adults as display sets, with the A-Wing they’ve obviously trying to bring the UCS SW sets into the more Adult range, perhaps with the differentiation between UCS and Master Builder that the brought in with the Cloud City set. But these boxes aren’t as nice as the 2 Ultimate Technic Car boxes that we’ve had so far as they don’t have lids on my ones I have to either cut tape or break cardboard to open them and I still do believe that the Lamborghini box will continue what was put in place with the Porsche and Bugatti boxes.

I’m going to quit this thread for now and come back to it once we know more details of the set.

4 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Don’t just speculate [...]

?

Why not? This thread is literally designated for this

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

Anyone want to guess (based on what has been revealed about the real car or the LEGO model) what color LEGO are likely to pick for this?

About the only thing that would get me to take this set off my wish list is if they pick a color I hate like the Olive Green they used on last years Land Rover.

Having seen the reversed image posted earlier I felt like it was still desaturated, the red and gold weren't quite the right color for  LEGO.

Doing nothing but messing with those sliders in Photoshop brings the colors more in line with actual part colors, and leads me to a guess of Lime green, which is well within line with actual Lamborghini, and the 2 previous super car sets

lambo02.jpg.cb8452fccf2bf1e5e034ddb738779f84.jpglambo3.jpg.e3ef3616a4535dfbcae164dbbd444c01.jpg

28 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Yeah I'm 90% sure the wheels are just gonna be pearl gold

Doubt it. That color is too sharp.

Metallic Gold (Bricklink name) is more likely.

11 hours ago, Seasider said:

@Technicallism - no I haven’t seen the Lamborghini box yet, I don’t work at Lego or Lamborghini. But I would say you’re speculating just as much as me ... but this is the speculation thread ?

The article you linked is referring to the new Haunted House set which is the next funfair set and has deviated from the previous Rollercoaster etc by having a box that doesn’t reference Creator Expert.

As to the Star Wars sets you referenced, yes they’re nice boxes, I have all 4 of them sitting next to me waiting for me to have my birthday later this month ?.  But remember the Helmet collection is the start of a new product line aimed at Adults as display sets, with the A-Wing they’ve obviously trying to bring the UCS SW sets into the more Adult range, perhaps with the differentiation between UCS and Master Builder that the brought in with the Cloud City set. But these boxes aren’t as nice as the 2 Ultimate Technic Car boxes that we’ve had so far as they don’t have lids on my ones I have to either cut tape or break cardboard to open them and I still do believe that the Lamborghini box will continue what was put in place with the Porsche and Bugatti boxes.

I’m going to quit this thread for now and come back to it once we know more details of the set.

Oh wow... happy & surprise to know you collect Star Wars sets too ???

Yeah, we shall see after revealed, not long to go. But still long to go before I will buy it. Normally i only buy the current model when the successor about to release.

3 hours ago, Anio said:

Metallic Gold (Bricklink name) is more likely.

There’s a difference? :O

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

There’s a difference? :O

Look at set 76141 for instance to see difference in colors.  I can’t see them doing metallic but that would be awesome if they did!

I doubt it will be olive for the simple reason they still have an olive-coloured car on the shelves. (See also the creator car sets modeled on real cars, which have all been given distinct colours)

The colour is not going to stop me from getting this set. In saying that, if it's the same colour as the Land Rover that will be a little disappointing. If for no other reason than as someone who has them displayed on a shelf next to the Bugatti, Porsche and Land Rover it will look a bit meh.

Just to weigh in on the packaging debate, I can't see them moving away from what they've used for the other Supercars. And those two already use a "age rating" on those boxes

33 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Anyone know when the reveal is? I can only find "a later date" online.

1 of june 

7 hours ago, tech-viper said:
Doing nothing but messing with those sliders in Photoshop brings the colors more in line with actual part colors, and leads me to a guess of Lime green, which is well within line with actual Lamborghini, and the 2 previous super car sets

I think your image has way too much green tint added, just look at the shade of the tires, that does not seem to be realistic unless the car is sitting on a green table. Nailing the proper white balance is very difficult, especially because the color of the light itself and the environment can affect the parts. 

As an example, we know very well the color of the Defender, at least we think we know. These were taken from random review photos I found online, all of them were OK for the first sight (nothing seemed to be really off), but if you compare roughly the same area you see that there's a huge difference between them:

image.png.8dd14c1f15a270587587e7dfd11bd0a1.png

So, I don't think we know for sure the shade of green used for the Lambo based on that photo :) 

Why would it be embargoed for May 16th if the release is June 1st? Monkie kid has the big reveal today, might be those sets going on sale tomorrow.

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

I think your image has way too much green tint added, just look at the shade of the tires, that does not seem to be realistic unless the car is sitting on a green table. Nailing the proper white balance is very difficult, especially because the color of the light itself and the environment can affect the parts. 

As an example, we know very well the color of the Defender, at least we think we know. These were taken from random review photos I found online, all of them were OK for the first sight (nothing seemed to be really off), but if you compare roughly the same area you see that there's a huge difference between them:

image.png.8dd14c1f15a270587587e7dfd11bd0a1.png

So, I don't think we know for sure the shade of green used for the Lambo based on that photo :) 

:thumbup::thumbup:

I think this is an excellent point.  Lol... I love how we sit and spend gobs of time pontificating, analyzing the color from online photos, and dissecting photos with software.  When in reality there is a huge degree of variance in online photos of actual colors themselves.  Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, SamuelYsc said:

Image from a China forum.

"Do not open before May 16"

Guess we will see something tmr.

I think that's Monkie Kid. It's a new theme being launched in China that's meant to be revealing tomorrow I think