It’ll be the standard Sian and I’d expect the only functions to be like the Chiron, with a gearbox and a deployable wing.

I am curious if the hybrid system is going to be represented somehow 

30 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

As far a I know a convertible version of the Sian does not exist

It doesnt, i think i might have started that speculation, by stating that IF todays announcement was to be something Sian related, the only possibility i see would be an even more limited run Spider version, given that making some special SVJ or whatever version of the regular Sian is not something that would a lot of sense given lambo's patterns.

As weve already learned that todays announcement is related to a special huracan, i am fairly sure in the "the lego model will be the normal Sian as we already know it" camp

?... A Land Rover green Lamborghini.  With a from-the-outside-activated rear wing, gold wheels, a gearbox (that might not have the gears in order), working steering and a pushrod suspension that might-not-hold the cars weight...

I love LEGO and I love the UCS cars; but is that what we are looking forward to ?...

Please make me be really of the mark here LEGO ?...

57 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

?... A Land Rover green Lamborghini.  With a from-the-outside-activated rear wing, gold wheels, a gearbox (that might not have the gears in order), working steering and a pushrod suspension that might-not-hold the cars weight...

I love LEGO and I love the UCS cars; but is that what we are looking forward to ?...

Please make me be really of the mark here LEGO ?...

Given the hoopla after the porsche gearbox mixup, i dont expect them to make that mistake ever again, so i think an in order gearbox is a given :P

Either way, im not enthusiastic about land rover green, otherwise im sure itll be a cool set either way, even if it offers nothing new over the Chiron

Look on the bright side, if all those Lego Technic sets would be so perfect, what would you all do in your spare time?  Improving on the models is what I enjoy doing and learning from this community.  With out it, it would be less fun.

Edited by Gzynek2323

I understand the remarks and frustrations about these high-end models and there shortcomings but on the other hand, if they would present us with a top-notch picture perfect and mechanically sublime finished product than I myself would miss the modding part.  The build itself of the standard product off course is enjoyable and I love showing them of on my shelves but the time I spent afterwords on modding and rebuilding them to upgrade looks and mechanics is for me the most important reason why I buy them.  I would miss that satisfaction and interaction if everything would be just as perfect as we would like them to be.  

Just now, Gzynek2323 said:

Look on the bright side, if all those Lego Technic sets would be so perfect, what would you all do in your spare time?  Improving on the models is what I enjoy doing and learning from this community.  With out it, it would be less fun.

my point exactly but made one minute sooner :wink:

Guys, nobody is expecting them to be perfect.

But it is not ok, that models which we just finished are trash mechanicaly. End of story. We should get a good, accurate and well built base which we can improve. Even, if it does not look cool, it should work as in real life so the kids can "learn" basics from it.

I think that vast majority of those models fit the age ranges their are intended for and provide plenty of learning opportunities.  I think the problem that I hear on this forum too often is adults wanting those toys to satisfy their needs.  There always will be a gap.  Costs aside (as that is more personal debate of value for each of us). 

38 minutes ago, Gzynek2323 said:

I think the problem that I hear on this forum too often is adults wanting those toys to satisfy their needs.

Well, yeah, it's us adults buying these expensive, collectors edition versions of these toys so obviously we want them to satisfy our needs and wants. These UCS Technic cars are toys like a quad bike is a toy. Both are pricey objects of fun enjoyed mostly by people too old to be called children. Being a toy doesn't mean it's necessarily just for kids, some toys can have adult appeal as well. For me, for this range of UCS supercars, my want is a gearbox that works like a real one, with two main shafts and all the gears in a line, in a very compact unit, not the few dozen shafts the Chiron has in its far too complicated gearbox that fills most of the car! That's my want, but not my expectation. I'll wait and see what the final result is before making any judgement. 

I’m looking forward with interest to this release. I didn’t buy the Porsche or Bugatti, just didn’t want them. I hope LEGO mostly satisfies the skeptics.

Where's this supposed big thursday unveiling?  I want my money back.

However I hope it is a roadster with a mechanical roof mechanism much like @Jeroen Ottens  PF tribute car.

Edited by SNIPE

I'm looking forward to it even if it has some flaws. These UCS cars are still a joy to build and rebuild afterwards.

Maybe there will be a positive surprise like a pushrod suspension (which the real car has) which could also solve the suspension issues they had with the Chiron.

Let's see and enjoy either the magnificent mechanics or the extensive modding thread!

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

Where's this supposed big thursday unveiling?  I want my money back.

However I hope it is a roadster with a mechanical roof mechanism much like @Jeroen Ottens  PF tribute car.

The unveiling today by Lamborghini was for a new road car the Huracan Evo Spyder. A few of us only wondered if they’d use it to give some details on the Lego model too.

I think we’re all sure it’s the Sian so no convertible roof.

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

The unveiling today by Lamborghini was for a new road car the Huracan Evo Spyder.

In fluo green! :drool:

Seeing the new electronics lineup posted in the 42113 forum makes me wonder if there's a possibility lego is going to give us the Simple Hub with the set to power the gearbox functions but not drive.

PU.jpg

6 hours ago, allanp said:

For me, for this range of UCS supercars, my want is a gearbox that works like a real one, with two main shafts and all the gears in a line, in a very compact unit, not the few dozen shafts the Chiron has in its far too complicated gearbox that fills most of the car! That's my want, but not my expectation

Respect the view point,

Personally looking forward to expand my Technic super car garage :classic:

1 hour ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

Seeing the new electronics lineup posted in the 42113 forum makes me wonder if there's a possibility lego is going to give us the Simple Hub with the set to power the gearbox functions but not drive.

PU.jpg

God the C+ hubs infuriate me to no end. There’s no reason they should be so huge, ESPECIALLY the simple hub.

Just now, Bartybum said:

God the C+ hubs infuriate me to no end. There’s no reason they should be so huge, ESPECIALLY the simple hub.

I TOTALLY AGREE, I have asked the buwizz team to make a buwizz that is the same size but has 4 powered up connectors.

I'm generally not a fan of all the random colors TLG introduces in the Technic lineup, but I do really like the olive green.   I think a new supercar in olive green with the gold rims would look really nice.  That being said, I won't buy it.  Technic sets are becoming far too expensive for me, and I prefer building MOCs anyway.  Plus, I prefer construction equipment over super cars anyway.  I'm still excited to see what this car has to offer though!  It should look great!

I do realise that it will be a standard Sian but hopefully that TLG take notice and keep in mind the potential of a convertable supercar. Somewhere down the line they could have either a powered or manual folding roof which I'm sure many technic fan would enjoy

1 hour ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I do realise that it will be a standard Sian but hopefully that TLG take notice and keep in mind the potential of a convertable supercar. Somewhere down the line they could have either a powered or manual folding roof which I'm sure many technic fan would enjoy

And the first mod idea for the Sian is born :wink:

8 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

In fluo green! :drool:

It was blue on my iPhone when I did the VR app

I hope this set will olive green. It will be very usefull to make some tank.

6 hours ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

I don't think so, they already have more Technic sets with electronics than usual. Would be nice though to have it prepared for a motor/Simple hub combo to power it for display purposes like some older sets were prepared for PF.

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I have similar feelings about such comments... how would you want to house 6 AA batteries? Oh I know, "but why can't they give us small powerful rechargeable batteries like BuWizz?!" Well, a couple of reasons:

- Price - people complain about LEGO prices all the time, imagine the sh$tstorm if TLG wanted to release a $130 battery box...
- Shipping - Adding a rechargeable battery to LEGO sets would make logistics much more complicated, special regulations, etc.
- Safety - RC batteries like the one in BuWizz are not exactly kids' toys, again a whole bunch of safety regulations come in the picture
- Removable/not removable - you can make it small if the battery is built-in, but then if its dead you can throw away your hub. If you want to be able to replace it then you need to add a cartridge, it needs to be again safe enough to be handled by kids, your small hub will become bigger etc. A whole bunch of potential issues. 
- Compared to all this, AAs are available all around the world, you are free to use rechargeable ones, and you don't have to pay the extra $ for it in the set. 

Sorry for the off-topic, back to the Lambo.