I really hope its a metallic olive :D Tan and Gold wheels would look awkward

Copper colored wheels would have been better, but there is always spraypaint :D

Edited by Coolusername

So no new info on TLG Sian lol, for me now most go on display and these more expensive cars will never be played with much as such, but does seem mad that owners can often get things working better than TLG with mods to after!

I just took this frame

640x342.jpg

And inverted colors

640x342.jpg

It is Defender's green

Edited by ArtemyZotov

Just now, ArtemyZotov said:

I just took this frame

-pic-

And inverted colors

-pic-

It is Defender's green

Nice trick:thumbup:

Edit: I think the combo of rim color and olive green looks pretty good actually, I like it!

Edited by Rudivdk

Just now, ArtemyZotov said:

I just took this frame

*snip*

And inverted colors

*snip*

It is Defender's green

It's big brain time

I dunno about you guys but I think that's just pearl gold with the same rough finish as the Defender wheels. Also, are those the same tyres as in the other two cars we got? They seem slightly thinner

Edited by Bartybum

14 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I dunno about you guys but I think that's just pearl gold with the same rough finish as the Defender wheels. Also, are those the same tyres as in the other two cars we got? They seem slightly thinner

Yeah they are the same, the wheels just have that edge that extends furthes outwards. The Bugatti wheels had this as well.

Just now, Gray Gear said:

Yeah they are the same, the wheels just have that edge that extends furthes outwards. The Bugatti wheels had this as well.

Interesting... I don't like it :laugh: It makes them look weird af

Just now, Bartybum said:

Interesting... I don't like it :laugh: It makes them look weird af

I agree with you. It just looks weird. I still think the Porsche Wheels are the best wheels we have and it does not look like that will change anytime soon :hmpf_bad:

Just now, Gray Gear said:

I agree with you. It just looks weird. I still think the Porsche Wheels are the best wheels we have and it does not look like that will change anytime soon :hmpf_bad:

That being said, in the promo pic they don't look like they stick out tooooo much so it might be fine after all

From the beginning I was sure about the new wheels - they are the highlight of the whole thing because they will look good on almost any car MOC you can think of. 

Congrats to all the military guys on the olive green colour. Not so nice for all the other MOCers. Although being the biggest Lego Technic supercar enthusiasts, again we must accept we are not the target group with the "UCS model".

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

I personally prefer the bigger Bugatti wheels above the Porsche wheels because the bigger diameter makes up the sporty modern look of a sportscar/ supercar.

Edited by brunojj1

21 hours ago, Seasider said:

So it’ll be a busy day watching the internet on Thursday.

I'm out of the loop - is this Thursday really the day TLG will reveal the set?

2 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I'm out of the loop - is this Thursday really the day TLG will reveal the set?

Possibly. Lamborghini is set to reveal a new model. It's possible Lamborghini might have a SIAN variant that TLG might have based their model off of? But given that the car should be released June 1 for VIP (As like the other models) It seems that we might see the full car. June is very close. I'm really impressed they were able to keep the leaks as tight knit. I like it better this way!

Edited by SheldonF

14 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

From the beginning I was sure about the new wheels - they are the highlight of the whole thing because they will look good on almost any car MOC you can think of. 

I agree that they'll look great on most modern cars. But I dont think anyone in their right mind would slap Lambo wheels on a FD RX7...

20 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

I personally prefer the bigger Bugatti wheels above the Porsche wheels because the bigger diameter makes up the sporty modern look of a sportscar/ supercar.

I build 90s cars. I like a meaty tire setup that sceams track domination way more than a wheel setup with basically no tire sidewall. It looks way more sporty to me. But no disc brake wheel hubs are a shame :/

@ArtemyZotov awesome job with color inversion.  Now please just zoom out and show us the entire model :pir-grin: 

6 hours ago, Seasider said:

I think the brakes are made from https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93273#T=C and https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2540#T=C both in Red with a "Lamborghni" sticker on it. they would then be mounted off droid arms or something like that

I think you are spot on @seasider

6 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I can't tell if you are being ironic or not... 

A well designed transmission does not make any sound, exept of the smooth sound of moving gears. But definatelly no gear skipping, it is a sign of terrible design. The only thing I hear when playing with my Honda NSX MOC is the sound of the fake engine running, and the tires on the ground.

On point, exactly :thumbup:

1 hour ago, SheldonF said:

Possibly. Lamborghini is set to reveal a new model. It's possible Lamborghini might have a SIAN variant that TLG might have based their model off of? But given that the car should be released June 1 for VIP (As like the other models) It seems that we might see the full car. June is very close. I'm really impressed they were able to keep the leaks as tight knit. I like it better this way!

I dont really see lambo doing some variant of the Sian, the only thing i could see happening is an even more limited edition spider/convertible version of the Sian, but a limited run hypercar like the Sian isnt the sort of thing they will a gazilion specials out of, like with the aventador/huracan.

Heck, might even be a special event dedicated just to this lego set, Bugatti had a big joint event with a Chiron on display for the launch of 42083 right?

Is june 1st for VIPs confirmed by the way? i was kind of expecting the set somewhere near august, and a 2 month lead for VIPs seems... long. (and june 1st would steal the thunder from 42107, which is licensed by another Audi subsidiary brand, cant imagine Ducati being to happy if Lambo got all the limelights)

I think that 1st June release is meant for the official Lego website and shops. 1st August is the rest of the shops

5 minutes ago, Jockos said:

I think that 1st June release is meant for the official Lego website and shops. 1st August is the rest of the shops

That's how it was with the Porsche and Bugatti, so most likely same for the Sian.