MMMMmmm liking it, I recently built the Porsche and that was great, was not sold on Bugatti and need to be careful as space and funds are low! but this will no doubt be needed to make space for! what about the engine!!!

48 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I think MK/L***n/WhateverGroup would be very capable of trying 'something new', I just don't have hopes on them doing it...

This is a very prejudiced and out of date view. 

Find me the MOCs or Lego sets these are stolen from?

Sembo f1 701000

Sembo Audi 701023

CaDA supercar c61018

CaDA Jeep c61006

Not all Chinese makers are the same company, and they don't all have the same lack of respect for TLG or MOCer copyright (or lack of a design department/ tame MOCer of their own). MouldKing has also been looking to pay MOCers for their designs more recently. Maybe they're looking for respectability (which would lead to more sales in Europe).

There are good designs made with good bricks in China, but L*n spoiled the party for them by copying TLG kits with crappy bricks.

You're robbing yourself of some good kits if you're only looking at TLG.

Edited by amorti

@amorti like I said I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong, let's hope the market is changing for the better.

And for the record, I am well aware of other brands making genuine kits, I was referring to the specific group where MK and Lepin belong to, which are still largely playing the copycat game.

Still, I'm a purist and will always stick with LEGO bricks, even though there are good kits from other brands. In the end, it's about the pieces for me, every set gets disassembled for MOCcing at some point.

And might I add that Eurobricks is dedicated to the brand LEGO, not just 'bricks'. I don't mind that you like other brands, just don't go promoting them in this forum. Mods are not very keen on that...

I sincerely hope that 380 isn't the price, especially considering one will still have to buy the inevitable lighting pack on top of that. And if Lego is really taking notes from these supercar manufacturers they'll be selling us overly priced trickle chargers for said lights and a Lamborghini branded napkin for a dust cover all as a bundle for a round figure of 500.

24 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

@amorti, I was referring to the specific group where MK and Lepin belong to, 

And might I add that Eurobricks is dedicated to the brand LEGO, not just 'bricks'. 

As far as I know they aren't part of the same company. They definitely don't use the same pieces. L's Technic pieces are largely junk, the worst of the chinabrick companies'. Mk use pieces from gobricks, which are close to TLG pieces. Best not try their linear actuators though.

If the eurobricks site is in some way sponsored by TLG then fair enough to exclude other options. If it's excluding other options out of some sense of loyalty to TLG then that's another thing, but if it's simply policed by TLG fan boys then that's another thing again.

At the header it says "uniting Technic fans", it doesn't say Lego. So I guess even if the forum endorses Lego, TLG don't endorse the forum. It says something on its own.

Edited by amorti

Just now, amorti said:

If the eurobricks site is in some way sponsored by TLG

Nope, it is not.

Just now, amorti said:

If it's excluding other options out of some sense of loyalty to TLG then that's another thing, but if it's simply policed by TLG fan boys then that's another thing again.

Dunno, I'm not part of site admin team, but I do know that brands other than LEGO were frowned upon. Maybe things will change if there are no more rip-offs, but it's not my call.

And you're right about the brands, I mixed up MK and 'king' and 'queen' brands from L***n holding, my bad.

But again, 'nuff said about brands and such, let's keep this topic about the Lambo...

4 minutes ago, amorti said:

As far as I know they aren't part of the same company. They definitely don't use the same pieces. L's Technic pieces are largely junk, the worst of the chinabrick companies'. Mk use pieces from gobricks, which are close to TLG pieces. Best not try their linear actuators though.

If the eurobricks site is in some way sponsored by TLG then fair enough to exclude other options. If it's excluding other options out of some sense of loyalty to TLG then that's another thing, but if it's simply policed by TLG fan boys then that's another thing again.

At the header it says "uniting Technic fans", it doesn't say Lego. So I guess even if the forum endorses Lego, TLG don't endorse the forum. It says something on its own.

The guidelines are rather clear on the matter though:

The specific sets I mentioned are "clone or competitor" brands.

MouldKing has largely been a knock-off brand it's true, of MOCs rather than TLG sets. This kit though, seems to be a clone kit rather than a knock-off.

Either way, I'm out of this thread. It's clear I'm skating on thin ice so I'll quit while I'm ahead (or at least, not banned yet).

Edited by amorti

Just now, amorti said:

Alright alright... I'm done here.

Maybe someone reads my posts and wonders what they're missing.

Maybe no one does.

Either way, I'm out of this thread.

No need to throw the towel. :classic: I was merely "solving" a single issue you raised, by pointing out that the scope of the eurobricks site need not be speculated on, since it's clearly described in the guidelines. :classic:

@astyanax Edited my post. Either way, I feel a ban coming on if I stay active on this thread, so I'm out.

Edited by amorti

3 hours ago, amorti said:

Find me the MOCs or Lego sets these are stolen from?

Dude, literally EVERY single MK Technic bootleg is stolen from a Technic MOC. IP theft is their bread and butter. It isn’t prejudiced in the slightest to rely on historical data say there’s 0% chance their Sian is an original.

1 hour ago, amorti said:

This kit though, seems to be a clone kit rather than a knock-off.

I don’t understand why you think this

Edited by Bartybum

Lamborghini Sián no have spoiler like Chiron or 911, i wonder what else functions they can make except openable door & hoot.

Maybe swing opening door?

55 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Lamborghini Sián no have spoiler like Chiron or 911, i wonder what else functions they can make except openable door & hoot.

Maybe swing opening door?

It'll probably also have a transmission, fake engine, suspension. Same deal as what the Chiron and 911 had

@ctx1769 it’s more likely that it was an agreement between TLG and Lamborghini to replicate the launch car colours. Also makes it more recognisable and better for promotion photos.

@Technicallism the Sian has a wing like the Chiron, it sits flush with the body work when not deployed. So I’d expect this to be copied but the shape of it will potentially be challenging.

The Sian is also the first ever lambo with a hybrid system, i very much doubt lego will do something cool with this considering the size/weight of the thing, but one can hope.

I also think the whole chinese block stuff is a bit off topic for this thread (at least the way its going), id say we could have a discussion on how we as a community deal with that stuff (ive seen one or two threads on original CADA stuff, specifically allowed by MODs)

18 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

I also think the whole chinese block stuff is a bit off topic for this thread (at least the way its going), id say we could have a discussion on how we as a community deal with that stuff (ive seen one or two threads on original CADA stuff, specifically allowed by MODs)

Personally, I'm cool with not discussing bootlegs in the same analytical review-type way that we discuss current sets, since this is a Lego forum after all, but I feel like all our discussion here about the leaked bootleg Sian has been heavily related to the matter of IP theft and both it and the leak's effects on Lego, etc., so I don't feel that it's out of place (though obviously I don't have any authority here).

Edited by Bartybum

I wonder what is the red color part as the brake inside the wheel. Look awesome and realistic.

Could be a new part? In technic brick or system brick?

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

@ctx1769 it’s more likely that it was an agreement between TLG and Lamborghini to replicate the launch car colours. Also makes it more recognisable and better for promotion photos.

@Technicallism the Sian has a wing like the Chiron, it sits flush with the body work when not deployed. So I’d expect this to be copied but the shape of it will potentially be challenging.

Oh no.... i hate the external portable accessories that use to activate the spoiler, and yes.... still boring function of opening door, hoot & spoiler

For me, suspension is not a function, it suppose a basic requirement to technic line.

In the 9 sec long Instagram vid we also heard the Lambo roaring. Hopefully it won't be replaced by clicky/cracky gearbox sound (that we have faced in most of our Defenders and few others including a few Bugatti sets) ?

Of course TLG needs to take into account all kinds of requirements which are less important to MOC designers. And some MOC designers use parts in a way LEGO would never regard acceptable. However, when it comes to following a few simple guidelines that ensure a smooth running drivetrain, TLG designers are building blunder on blunder consistently. Look at 42056, 42083 and 42110, all models with completely flawed drivetrains. If you look at how straightforward jb70 could redesign the Defender's transmission, taking out all flaws and bad smells, it's a shame it wasn't like that in the first place. They seem to not know the characteristic of their own modeling language called Technic. And this bad design practice is not because they had to meet other requirements, like ease of build or parts count. It is plain incapability.

One would expect some kind of progressive insight or gradually emerging best practices amongst TLG designers, but apparently there is no such thing. I have therefore also no expectations with respect to the drivetrain of the upcoming Lamborghini.

Edited by thekoRngear

9 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

In the 9 sec long Instagram vid we also heard the Lambo roaring. Hopefully it won't be replaced by clicky/cracky gearbox sound (that we have faced in most of our Defenders and few others including the Bugatti) ?

It’s made by ABS plastic part, how you expect doesn’t have clicky/cracky sound.

Unless this toy made by bread, then you can bite it when you’re hungry ? 

Come on €380 premium toy

Edited by Technicallism

Just some thoughts, and not really original :)

Porsche was really something new.

Chiron I bought by "inertia" to build something on Cristmass vacations. Is already sold.

This I won't buy anymore. OK, If I had special room and lot of space for display, then yes, would buy, but not really for building. Will try to build copy from existing parts, that is what I will do, maybe will find some new combination of parts.

As long as the included luggage will have proper working suspension and gearbox, I am fine with it. :sarcasm_smug: 

Honestly, I am not hyped about this set, especially not for the price tag, but I am curious if LEGO has applied their experiences, and offer proper working basic functions this time. I will have an eye on the model, and hope many will find fun time with it! I mean, really.

Edited by agrof

18 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

I wonder what is the red color part as the brake inside the wheel. Look awesome and realistic.

Could be a new part? In technic brick or system brick?

Oh no.... i hate the external portable accessories that use to activate the spoiler, and yes.... still boring function of opening door, hoot & spoiler

For me, suspension is not a function, it suppose a basic requirement to technic line.

I think the brakes are made from https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93273#T=C and https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2540#T=C both in Red with a "Lamborghni" sticker on it. they would then be mounted off droid arms or something like that

30 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

It’s made by ABS plastic part, how you expect doesn’t have clicky/cracky sound.

Unless this toy made by bread, then you can bite it when you’re hungry ? 

Come on €380 premium toy

I can't tell if you are being ironic or not... 

A well designed transmission does not make any sound, exept of the smooth sound of moving gears. But definatelly no gear skipping, it is a sign of terrible design. The only thing I hear when playing with my Honda NSX MOC is the sound of the fake engine running, and the tires on the ground.

Edited by Gray Gear