The metallic green version from the before mentioned site is much better looking. I hope it will look something like that.

Maybe they went with the Porsche wheels because MK simply does not know yet what will be theĀ final design produced by Lego? Nevertheless it looks really good, despite some system heavy areas.

a.png

Actually 7 new mold need to this copy. They say include 2x5 Z like part and differencial from 42109.

And one more thing why I not belive this is actually lego model.

b.png

They also include some motors in there copy. Lego WILL not include motor in 42115 and even include it, It will not old PF system.

Thinking back to the Land Rover there was a lot of stud use there to get the shape and finish. The fact this model has a lot of studs also maybe an indication the real deal will be similar. Again I too would much prefer the metallic green with gold wheels.

As others have said, maybe they've got themselves an early version of the Lambo and copied that. I don't think the wheels being Porsche's IP matters to people that are making copies of it :) And maybe the wheels are the biggest secret of the new set. I'd like the bonnet to look a bit cleaner but besides that it's not bad

18 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

a.png

That "Tetris piece" should be really versatile if TLG did make it.

As much as I hate the design of the real Sian, these MK model looks like a lego set to me, if not the final production version, but a prototype that could have slipped away more than definitely. Making specialized panels like these may seem weird, but the VAG Group could've easily pushed some stuff here and there, only viable alternative for these bodylines otherwise would be a predominant use of flexaxles, something that (unfortunately) TLG seems to be avoiding in favour of panels and Land Rover had unique wheelarches as well - strange looking ones too.Ā 

Motorization-wise, of course TLG would never do it, but there have been a few RC mods for Bugatti and Porsche, and if you can produce lego knockoffs or sets, adding some electrics would not be a problem, specially considering the less child-proof control these have to undergo.

Ā 

Imo green version looks somewhat better, I'd love to see a reintroduction of metallic green (pls?), or just not Defender green at leastĀ :cry_sad:

Edited by syclone

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Ā 

ļ»æļ»æ b.png

They also include some motors in there copy. Lego WILL not include motor in 42115 and even include it, It will not ļ»æold PF system.

I have some of these motors with the orange plastic cover. They only do left/right/centre, but at least they centre properly unlike a lot of Chinese copy servos.

I'd guess the L motor will power functions like opening doors, the 2x XL's for drive. It won't be fast, but it'll move itself.

I think we need to be careful of the conversation here, we shouldnā€™t be talking about clone brands in the forum.

@Jim - thoughts please ?

I agree with that.

What happened here may be the most feared thing by TLC. By revealingĀ first them model this cloned brand (if it's actually true copy) benefit of all the marketing of the original owner...

No words...

TLG had the bar set high historically, but from this very moment actually copycats can claim that TLG is copying them, as they came out later with a certain (similar) design - and for average Joe it really is the message. At least this pushes TLG to change their defensive strategy, and go for more proactive, progressive (again) andĀ more consumer oriented communication. At least I hope so.

EDIT: something is definitely not OK with the current method, the internet is full with 42111 (and so many, that this can not be only due to mistakesĀ of various shops), still none of the "official" reviewers could publish their, - I assume already armed reviews... or they did not even received their sets yet.. Anyhow, I feel sorry for them.Ā 

Edited by agrof

58 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I think we need to be careful of the conversation here, we shouldnā€™t be talking about clone brands in the forum.

@Jim - thoughts please ?

Indeed, we should not. But in this case it's about speculating what the new Lambo will be like and a clone did provide some interesting stuff to discuss.Ā 

I will change the title to Lamo Speculation topic, because I was planning on making a new topic when we have tangible informationĀ anyway.

I will keep the clone brand Lambo picture for discussion and speculation purposes, but let's not diveĀ deeper into clone brands and interesting parts. Eventhough some of them are indeed very interesting.

What I find somewhat bizarre is that they made these new style curvy panels to get the proper shape and then botch it right here.

800x515.jpg

Ā 

Also wondering why they are not using a traditional steering wheel. The real car doesn't have a Knight Rider style wheel...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If is it true we will have to think how to use very specific, scarce and colorful panelsĀ for other MOCs when it was already hard to think how to use theĀ old, abundant and in standar colorsĀ panels. Lego is prioritizing collection and the simple construction over the play and innovation, it was always like that but now it is worst.

10 minutes ago, Paul Boratko said:

What I find somewhat bizarre is that they made these new style curvy panels to get the proper shape and then botch it right here.

Also wondering why they are not using a traditional steering wheel. The real car doesn't have a Knight Rider style wheel...

The answer is simple: that is not the real model.Ā :laugh:

2 hours ago, syclone said:

...Land Rover had unique wheelarches as well - strange looking ones too

Which will be re-used for the new Volvo hauler.

Except for a few areas, this looks quite good. If not for the Porsche wheels, if you told me that this was the official model from Lego, I would believe it.

I like it but feel that there are way too many new pieces for it to make sense...yet. Let's see. I'm excited though!

Please,... let it be green metallic. Ā  Please,... let it be green metallic...

The rumour was the same olive green as the Land Rover, but resurrecting the old metallic green would be more correct for this if it is the Sian as the launch car was metallic green with gold wheels.

Also hoping for metallic green. Olive army/agricultural green wouldn't suit a lambo. I also think and hope the design is better than this clone brand version. Pretty sure there would be more complaining if this was the Lego version.

It is obvious these are not the wheels that'll be on the final version of this model, there are Bugatti Disc Brake wheel hubs visible. That's a connection that doesn't even work properly and doesn't allow for flush fitment as well.

Edited by Gray Gear